The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

At the end of the day we probably have a core support of about 1500 it’s not that hard to find out who someone is. I wouldn’t say anything on here that I wouldn’t say in a boozer etc in the town. 

And we know Derek isn’t shy to share his opinions 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

At the end of the day we probably have a core support of about 1500 it’s not that hard to find out who someone is. I wouldn’t say anything on here that I wouldn’t say in a boozer etc in the town. 

So true , gives you more credit that you are not just a key board warrior , as I have had the pleasure of listening to you on many occasions , you do tend to show your true feelings at that moment in time , and not afraid to admit if you got something wrong 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

So true , gives you more credit that you are not just a key board warrior , as I have had the pleasure of listening to you on many occasions 

Pleasure? Don’t know if that’s tongue in cheek 😂

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Pretty sure saltire was lachlan. No idea who smith is though

I'll say Somersetfan but if I'm right then he was last on 7 hrs ago so he'll gonna have some catching up to do on here in the morning

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

I'll say Somersetfan but if I'm right then he was last on 7 hrs ago so he'll gonna have some catching up to do on here in the morning

Imagine logging on tomorrow..

“ah it’s a Saturday night in the close season not much happening on the thread I suspect......holy shit!!!!”

38 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

My take is that since itzdrk is/was employed by the club, someone has taken it upon themselves to send an email/message to Davie Smith, thinking that it'll get itzdrk into trouble because that's a cool thing to do in 2021 when you disagree with an opinion.

Smith has probably sided with itzdrk and said something like "Here mate, weesacks sent me a message saying you're making posts on a forum, didnae give me a name cos he's shite feart but don't worry...ave actually got a couple of mega signings coming in but don't tell naecunt since sadsacks like him are following you about."

Regardless of if he works for the club or not, people should be entitled to state their opinion on signings etc. I've never agreed with people having to toe the party line when it comes to sports clubs etc, if anything it shows passion and that we care as supporters 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Owning up can't be anywhere near as embarrassing as his message he sent me don't worry. 

The one thing Ayr really missed in terms of Banter Years during the Lachlan period was an owner who obsessively namesearched on social media, so I suppose at least the impending relegation will have some entertaining stuff happening off-field.

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Regardless of if he works for the club or not, people should be entitled to state their opinion on signings etc. I've never agreed with people having to toe the party line when it comes to sports clubs etc, if anything it shows passion and that we care as supporters 

Think he was just a volunteer so doesn’t have a line to toe as such. He is a passionate fan and always has and will voice his opinion! 

I have just read his post again though and it’s a pure square go post 😂

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Sending something to the chairman, based on a post you saw on here is bizarre behaviour. 

The chairman then responding to the poster might be even more bizarre though, and I definitely hope that hasn’t happened. 

Trust me it did, I felt I had to block him on Twitter incase he did again.  

Tbf this was a wee bit ago but I thought I'd break the tedium with a view from behind the scenes. 

At no point in it did he ask why I'll point out.  I mention this as someone with two volunteer roles and not simply a fan.  

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The one thing Ayr really missed in terms of Banter Years during the Lachlan period was an owner who obsessively namesearched on social media, so I suppose at least the impending relegation will have some entertaining stuff happening off-field.

Honestly, someone is going to leave a 1 star review of the Somerset hub and the guy will sell the club for flats after a wee cry. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think he was just a volunteer so doesn’t have a line to toe as such. He is a passionate fan and always has and will voice his opinion! 

I have just read his post again though and it’s a pure square go post 😂

The club should be grateful we have passionate fans. If it's another season like last then apathy may well replace passion and then the board will have something to moan about. 

Censorship shouldn't exist whether folk are volunteers or paid employees 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Tbf this was a wee bit ago but I thought I'd break the tedium with a view from behind the scenes. 

At no point in it did he ask why I'll point out.  I mention this as someone with two volunteer roles and not simply a fan.  

I personally feel he has had a decent start as chairman in terms of some of his plans (Hopkin obviously still hangs in the balance)  but he quite clearly needs to develop a thicker skin. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Was this round about the time you decided to stop doing the streaming stuff at Somerset? I remember you saying that was to do with McPake but I found that quite strange as that was nothing to do with Ayr United. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I personally feel he has had a decent start as chairman in terms of some of his plans (Hopkin obviously still hangs in the balance)  but he quite clearly needs to develop a thicker skin. 

One of Lachlan's strong points was the ability to shake things off and ignore the critics. It may be something that will take time for Smith to develop, as this is the age of social media and he's relatively new into a highly public position, it must be difficult to disconnect on some level as I know I'd struggle to shake things off.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The club should be grateful we have passionate fans. If it's another season like last then apathy may well replace passion and then the board will have something to moan about. 

Censorship shouldn't exist whether folk are volunteers or paid employees 

admittedly there were some grifters during the Reid years but there was at least a legitimate community there.

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was this round about the time you decided to stop doing the streaming stuff at Somerset? I remember you saying that was to do with McPake but I found that quite strange as that was nothing to do with Ayr United. 

No this was a fortnight ago