The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Both strikers have probably done enough to be worth another look although as it stands Adeloye is maybe the only one I’d take.

McCaragher hasn’t done anything to warrant a deal and we still need a defensive midfielder to come and sort out our midfield.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Brilliant to see Raith fans moaning about Zannata already and they haven't even kicked a ball in anger

They would be at home here then !!!

As infuriating as it is to be picking strikers out of the 99p bin at the front door, there's no point in whining about it now.  If you play two trialists in a pre-season friendly and they both score then this is unequivocally a good thing. Never mind the opposition: Anthony Marenghi scored against a Europe-bound Motherwell and it didn't do him any good once the season started.

16 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

He looks very good in the video (although I said the same about Andre Wright), but he looks as if he works hard and tracks back but also has a good touch and physical presence, which providing he's as fit as shown in these clips, then I think he could do a very good job for us, irrespective of how we've picked him up (assuming we do).

Let's be honest, if we had put together a montage of any of our strikers last season, I don't think any of them would have come close to that level !!!!

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Raith fans can’t say they weren’t warned about Zanatta 

Surely Raith fans aren't seriously going to listen to what fans of his last club have to say about him? 

Edited by BukyOHare

They were probably thinking what everyone does, which is that any journeyman who has a completely shite year at Ayr will immediately knock in 20 goals a season from then onwards, getting at least a goal a game against Ayr in the process.

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think they were going through the - McGlynn will get a tune out of him for a while

Maybe they are pinning their hopes on bringing in a forwards coach to completely transform him from dud to dependable.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

See these highlight reel videos, I dont even watch them as they can make a player look like Ronaldo. Until they can do it on a pishing wet night at Somerset I'll judge them then 😂

Unless it's the boy McCarragher - his was painful to watch haha

50 minutes ago, North British said:

I like the look of Tomi Adeloye in the clips earlier . Maybe worth a contract . However looks more like a winger/no 10 . 

The slight concern I have is that we would be his 17th club and he is only 25.