The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Any idea on tickets for Edinburgh City game next week? That’s a week no so surely must have some sort of idea? 

I think decision due from council today re numbers ( as club applied for increased capacity)  information should come out very shortly after that , information will be sent to all season ticket holders by email on how to obtain a ticket along with all the Covid requirements , if no increase I think that means we will have around 400 season ticket holders at game  

Edited by Finlay21

26 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think decision due from council today re numbers ( as club applied for increased capacity)  information should come out very shortly after that , information will be sent to all season ticket holders by email on how to obtain a ticket along with all the Covid requirements , if no increase I think that means we will have around 400 season ticket holders at game  

I imagine the covid requirements will be mask, two metres apart, maybe a temp check. Any more than that will be weird considering 12k and 18k at Hampden/Murrayfield didnt even need a temp check 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I imagine the covid requirements will be mask, two metres apart, maybe a temp check. Any more than that will be weird considering 12k and 18k at Hampden/Murrayfield didnt even need a temp check 

SPFL have a document that clubs need to adhere to , not seen it yet but think it will be similar to your thoughts , entry times I am sure is part of it 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

SPFL have a document that clubs need to adhere to , not seen it yet but think it will be similar to your thoughts , entry times I am sure is part of it 

I hate to compare us to Hampden but entry times were lax to say the least. If you were due in at 5pm and turned up at 7pm you still got in

4 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Worrying thing is, Andre Wright’s career stats are a near mirror image of Adeloye’s.  Came through the youth system of an English championship side, had a series of unproductive loan spells, followed by unproductive spells at a series of National League clubs.  Wright seemed to find a level in Irish football so I presume he’ll go back there.   Not sure if Adeloye has had injury problems or something as he has reached his mid 20s and apparently not found a level anywhere playing a remarkably small number of games to this point in his career.  I’ve really no idea how National League compares to Scottish Championship so hopefully we can realise the potential that a number of others bought into but were unable to unlock.

Having read the comments of his previous Managers and listened to his interview, Adeloye comes across as a really decent guy who is clearly ambitious and believes in his own ability, I for one am willing to give him every chance and based on the little I've seen of him I'm quietly confident that we could have a real player on our hands both in terms of attitude in the dressing room and quality / presence out on the park.

I admit I had high hopes for Wright but due to a number of factors he ended up a complete failure but there's no way on earth we can judge Adeloye on ANYTHING achieved or failed by Wright as apart from being grossly unfair it also would have no correlation whatsoever.

Anyway, only time will tell but I'm happy we've got him.

30 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why would you need ANYTHING like that when you can go to a crowded indoor shopping centre, Bar or Restaurant without the need for any of that garbage ?

Not to mention that we're open air as opposed to an indoor space ??

It's high time the clubs got together and forced our Governing bodies to demand answers and explanations as to what the science rationale is behind these ludicrous rules and regulations as it really is unbelievable, some of it !!

If the likes of Ayr with a 10,500 capacity stadium aren't allowed at least 2,000 fans in the ground, especially with our ticketing system and track and trace facility, then it begs the question why ???????

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Why would you need ANYTHING like that when you can go to a crowded indoor shopping centre, Bar or Restaurant without the need for any of that garbage ?

It's high time the clubs got together and forced our Governing bodies to demand answers and explanations as to what the science rationale is behind these ludicrous rules and regulations as it really is unbelievable, some of it !!

If the likes of Ayr with a 10,500 capacity stadium aren't allowed at least 2,000 fans in the ground, especially with our ticketing system and track and trace facility, then it begs the question why ???????

I know. I agree with you, its utterly pathetic. Whilst I'm glad I'll be at Somerset soon, I reckon it wont be enjoyable until all the rules are gone

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not sure the SFA and SPFL have had much choice. These restrictions have been a political decision.

But I agree, it is nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Team for Tonight

Still no sign of McAllister and Baird. Also looks like we won’t be signing McCarragher or Faal. 

ETA: Fjortoft and Moffat also missing.

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Still no sign of McAllister and Baird. Also looks like we won’t be signing McCarragher or Faal. 

McAllister has a minor injury and not being risked and Baird was in isolation due to track and trace I am led to believe 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

McAllister has a minor injury and not being risked and Baird was in isolation due to track and trace I am led to believe 

Keep him there until June. 

Yeah looks like we’ve passed on Faal and McCarragher which I can’t say I’m too fussed about. The goalie from down South is still with us though so he might still sign.

Some bench.... we'll just forget we've got subsitutes

This squad is still woefully short, even in the last few summers in the build up to the league cup we've obviously still been a bit short but at least had a couple of recognisable 1st team players, that bench is scarily lacking that. 

Need 5 signings still IMO

Edited by rb123!

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Some bench.... we'll just forget we've got subsitutes

This squad is still woefully short, even in the last few summers in the build up to the league cup we've obviously still been a bit short but at least had a couple of recognisable 1st team players, that bench is scarily lacking that. 

Need 5 signings still IMO

Bench is short as we have 4 first team players sitting out tonight , of which 3 will definitely be in Saturdays squad 

Edited by Finlay21