The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Edmond Dantès said:

The "cash in" mentality is exactly why we have not competed at this level for a long time. You don't get to stay at a higher level if you sell your best players just because you get offered money for them and you might lose them for nothing at the end of the season.

A good performance in the league and a decent cup run this season will be worth a lot more than whatever money is being offered for Shankland - even if he does leave for nothing at the end of the season.

I think that’s naive.  It’s not just about cashing in, there is also an acceptance that sometimes a player will want to move on and keeping a player who isn’t happy is counter productive.  I’ve no doubt Shankland is enjoying life at Ayr, but when the offer comes,  it will be hard for the player to say no.  

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've got to ask, as I'm not completely clued up on the rules of football...

Why wasn't there a yellow card for the penalty yesterday? I've watched the highlights and can't understand why it wasn't either a yellow or straight red?

There was an attempt to play the ball. 

32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Hoping Harvie is ok after his trip at the end of the game yesterday. Looked to be hobbling about for a while. 

No idea how he managed to stand on the ball like that. Bound to have tweaked something.

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

I think that’s naive.  It’s not just about cashing in, there is also an acceptance that sometimes a player will want to move on and keeping a player who isn’t happy is counter productive.  I’ve no doubt Shankland is enjoying life at Ayr, but when the offer comes,  it will be hard for the player to say no.  

He's unlikely to have his head turned by the end of the week, which basically just means keeping him happy until January and hoping nobody puts in a seven-figure bid for him then. I very much doubt he's going to fall out with the club over the space of one season when literally everyone knows he'll be moving on to bigger things this time next year.

16 hours ago, pandarilla said:

f**k the kite what about a real one? Do crystal palace not have something like that?

I don't know if you've ever had a decapitated bird fall out of the sky and land at your feet, but it is quite unsettling.

Quaffing celebratory 20yr Scapa whisky last night, the earlier Inverness train booked for next weekend (we get there at 12 for some ale and grub at the marvellous Clachnaharry Inn), train booked for Dundee the following weekend and trains booked for some madness in Carlisle before and after QOS away on September 1st. What a time to be alive :wub:

Would other teams and their manky directors please GTF, leave our players alone and let us Ayr fans enjoy this period for however long it lasts. After the last 15 years I think we deserve it.

50 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He's unlikely to have his head turned by the end of the week, which basically just means keeping him happy until January and hoping nobody puts in a seven-figure bid for him then. I very much doubt he's going to fall out with the club over the space of one season when literally everyone knows he'll be moving on to bigger things this time next year.

I don't know if you've ever had a decapitated bird fall out of the sky and land at your feet, but it is quite unsettling.

Panda will take any bird falling at his feet.

[emoji777] PLEASE SHARE AWAY GUYS [emoji777]

[emoji835]️Ok Guys so by popular demand we are running a 70 seater bus to each of these away games and most of them are filling up we done it privately so the people from the 1st bus got there seats booked first !! Ok guys these are the bus times and prices !!! [emoji836]️

[emoji835]️TUESDAY 14th AUG:
QP HAMPDEN PARK GLASGOW:
Leaving the BELLROCK at 18:00
£8 and £5 for kids

[emoji836]️SATURDAY 18th AUG:
DUNDEE DENS PARK DUNDEE:
Leaving the BELLROCK at 11:00
£8 and £5 for kids

[emoji835]️SATURDAY 1st SEPTEMBER:
QOS PALMERSTON PARK DUMFRIES:
Leaving the BELLROCK at 12:30
£8 and £5 for kids

[emoji836]️To Book mail Kerr or this Bellrock page or text 07375270586[emoji835]️

[emoji836]️We will be confirming the pick up at DRONGAN tomorrow[emoji835]️

[emoji836]️KIDS WELCOME IN THE PUB AND AYR COLOURS AND TOPS ARE WELCOME TO BE WORN INSIDE !!!!![emoji835]️

[emoji469]As people may know we have a bus booked to INVERNESS BUT ITS FULL I am trying to get a bigger bus as the usual bus company are booked out but will know more about that tomorrow.[emoji469]

Panda will take any bird falling at his feet.
Even a headless one. 
You don't have to be as high as a kite to see the standards for poor ole panda :-/
My wife seems to have a similar 'no head' rule for me. [emoji209][emoji211][emoji135]

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

My wife seems to have a similar 'no head' rule for me. emoji209.pngemoji211.pngemoji135.png

:-) 

Is it big Graham id go to see about pissing about with kites at Somerset? 

Sounds great fun. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

I’m obviously absoulotely desperate for Lawrence Shankland to stay but worst case scenario and we get a substantial bid and decide to sell then id like to see us bring in Jai Quitongo, without a club we don’t think any teams are willing/able to pay compo to Morton. 

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m obviously absoulotely desperate for Lawrence Shankland to stay but worst case scenario and we get a substantial bid and decide to sell then id like to see us bring in Jai Quitongo, without a club we don’t think any teams are willing/able to pay compo to Morton. 

He would be a fantastic signing for Ayr. Quitongo wouldn't be a like for like replacement for Shankland if he did leave, though would certainly be a good player for Ayr without a doubt. There would be a MASSIVE hole in the Ayr squad if Shankland left.

I don't really understand the compensation thing. Under 21? 

Decent player but he’s made of glass.

Also I think he’s agreed to sign for Hearts.

Loved watching has dad play even if he was a DKB

He played for Killie but he never did enough for me to refer to him as a DKB. Same with Adams in that category.

Jai Quitongo seems pretty highly rated with a lot of potential but he flatters to deceive and he’s not the goal scorer that we would need if Shankland left. He’d be someone I’d consider as a replacement for Moffat or Forrest maybe.

He played for Killie but he never did enough for me to refer to him as a DKB. Same with Adams in that category.

Jai Quitongo seems pretty highly rated with a lot of potential but he flatters to deceive and he’s not the goal scorer that we would need if Shankland left. He’d be someone I’d consider as a replacement for Moffat or Forrest maybe.
Yeah I see the boy as more a winger/attacking midfielder, your right Jose always seemed a good guy not fair to paint him with that brush.