The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It certainly is a high. If you can’t put winning a league in that category then I don’t know what you expect.

As much as winning the league at a canter is great, winning it on the last day of the season after experiencing the week previous is probably one of the biggest highs I’ve had as a football fan. It doesn’t get much better.

It cost me a lot of money. Backed Ayr at start of season  but had to cover on Raith as it looked gone before last game 

Was a high for me too.  Maybe i'm asking too much but 129 goals or whatever, a title win on the last day and a derby win is up there for me as a 34 year old. 
And today - was in Tam O Shanter beer garden pre game with loads of Thistle fans - all seem to love McCall and the style of football - loads seem to want him back!

It’s fucking fantastic winning a league title especially in the circumstances as last season. Much better than the playoff shite although the day up at Brechin was superb also.

Was chatting to a group of Partick fans outside the ground today as well and a few were saying McCall would still be there today if it wasn’t for his gambling problem and left McNamara with a pretty easy job of going up.

Last season we scraped by the worst second place team I can remember. Great end result but wouldn’t fall into being a high 
While Raith might be something of a laughing stock now, they were unbeaten at home all season and their final points tally would have been enough to win the third tier most seasons - belittling our achievement is a poor show IMO.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Premature to be saying what exactly?

That keeping McCall was the right decision?

I'm keeping my feet planted firmly on the ground but holy f**k - what kind of glass-pretty-much-empty character are you?

Calling out those that wanted McCall gone so early on in the season

What chance is there if Shankland not being an Ayr player by 3pm next Saturday? [emoji102]

After both Shanklands and McCalls comments I’d be surprised if he left in this window now.

I’ll still be bricking it until September comes around but I’m more optimistic of keeping him now.

After both Shanklands and McCalls comments I’d be surprised if he left in this window now.

I’ll still be bricking it until September comes around but I’m more optimistic of keeping him now.
Let's break into Somerset and break the fax machine lol, if it's true he turned down the jam tarts hes not going to go to Dundee

Can't we all be positive and optimistic about the season ahead?

Without the pious 'where are the McCall out gang now' and the equally frustrating we 'haven't achieved anything yet and McCall isn't that good' gang. 

For the first time in a long time there is a positive atmosphere around the place. The atmosphere at the game today was electric, you could feel the positive energy. Let's keep it going, this team deserve our full support.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So you think the jury is still out?

The jury has more than likely never been out with you. Rather than comment either way week to week I will wait for a good number of league games to happen and see how things are progressing. 

Out of interest if there was money in the budget for one more player would folk rather see it spent now or wait a use it later in January.

Personally I don’t think we’re desperate for reinforcements but a centre half/right back to cover our defence wouldn’t be a bad idea.

The jury has more than likely never been out with you. Rather than comment either way week to week I will wait for a good number of league games to happen and see how things are progressing. 
You're the only raging Ayr fan in the world right now.

15 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:
27 minutes ago, AyrExile said:
Last season we scraped by the worst second place team I can remember. Great end result but wouldn’t fall into being a high 

While Raith might be something of a laughing stock now, they were unbeaten at home all season and their final points tally would have been enough to win the third tier most seasons - belittling our achievement is a poor show IMO.

Both teams seemed to cave in once they got ahead, going in to the last day with roles reversed may have had a different outcome.  had Ayr won the play-offs in the event of Raith winning the league, I doubt Shankland, Rose, McDaid and a couple of others would have re-signed. 

For the first time in my lifetime, Ayr have been on the right side of luck

Out of interest if there was money in the budget for one more player would folk rather see it spent now or wait a use it later in January.

Personally I don’t think we’re desperate for reinforcements but a centre half/right back to cover our defence wouldn’t be a bad idea.
Definitely wait until January.

An awful lot can change between now and then. Last Christmas we were seriously sliding before Kerr and bell came in.

If Geggan can stay fit I'd be happy to stick with this squad to Jan, but a right sided defender would be the icing on the cake.

Was it a 1 year deal he signed this summer? From an outside perspective I think he will stay, he must have had premiership teams sniffing about at the end of last season.

Would take an astronomical offer for him to go and I don’t think many clubs could afford it and if they could I don’t think they are in the market for a striker, except Aberdeen but I don’t see that happening.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, D said:

If Geggan can stay fit I'd be happy to stick with this squad to Jan, but a right sided defender would be the icing on the cake.

^My thoughts exactly

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Was it a 1 year deal he signed this summer? From an outside perspective I think he will stay, he must have had premiership teams sniffing about at the end of last season.

Would take an astronomical offer for him to go and I don’t think many clubs could afford it and if they could I don’t think they are in the market for a striker, except Aberdeen but I don’t see that happening.

Yeah, he signed a one year deal.

I honestly can't see the club selling him for less than £1 million (laugh if you like...). I also don't think Shanks wants to leave if he keeps playing as he is he'll get a good move at the end of the season (like Devlin did).

I reckon we just need to wait 5 more days as the English window closes which is where the risk lies. Outwith the Old Firm and maybe Aberdeen (if they sell McKenna), the Scottish teams don't have the money.

Just a suggestion, to improve Somerset. (a non-crazy one believe it or not!) 

You know those Kites you get shaped as Hawks? Could they not put a few of them up during Match days? Towards the end of the second half, there were seagulls everywhere. Now, I'm not in any way against seagulls and their existance, just think they occasionally get in the way of fans watching the game. 

Bad idea? Good idea? Do Hawks even scare seagulls? 

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You're the only raging Ayr fan in the world right now.

Raging? Lol. Perfectly happy with how things are progressing. In Murdoch and Shankland we have two top players. Still far too early to be to be making predictions and calling other fans opinions out. Apologies for not fitting in with your narrative