The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The bottom line is that Bosman destroyed football as we know it and basically just screwed over the small clubs.  Having said that, I still can't understand why clubs at our level don't try and get as many players as they can on a 2 year + contract.

Is it the players themselves who are unwilling to sign for over a year ? or is it the clubs unwilling to take the risk in case of relegation / financial difficulty etc ??

21 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I was just thinking, do we play any games during international windows? We will be losing Ecrepoint to the U17 and are Harvie and Doohan still eligible for the U21's?

Think IrnBru cup games are played on international weekends after the next round.  Maybe some league games too  if there is a backlog or you don't have the required number of players missing for  international duty.  We certainly played games last year but had 1 player (at us on loan)  missing. 

Now that he’s 16 and his 3 year deal has begun is there a chance he could be in the squad for tomorrow?

It’s a good thing he can play CB as it’s looking unlikely he’ll get in ahead of Harvie anytime soon.

Now that he’s 16 and his 3 year deal has begun is there a chance he could be in the squad for tomorrow?

It’s a good thing he can play CB as it’s looking unlikely he’ll get in ahead of Harvie anytime soon.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the team for the Irn Bru Cup game at QP

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure he will be, McCall will want him involved with the squad as much as possible.  

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:
21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
Everyone got their 500 fund team entries in?

Just reminded me!

Ditto! Which considering im entering for me plus 4 pals could have left me in a bit of bother haha. 

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Who would have thought McKenna would be a £4M player when he was on loan with us, not me anyway.Screenshot_20180804-113152_Facebook.jpg

Who'd have thought Shankland was only worth a £100k or so a week ago.