The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Newmember said:

What I don't understand Ayr fans are saying he was offered 3 times his wages in the summer by other clubs and he signed for Ayr . Really 

He enjoys playing for Ayrshires only. 

He is an Ayr United player, look what he has done for the team, everyone in the squad wants to go out to play football. 

He knows he means something to this team and is living up to expectations. :-) 

9 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Hope Killie don't come in for him lol

They are under the delusion that Fatboy Boydy is the best thing since Strawberry Durex lubricant. They don't need a striker. Just a wash. 

The 250.000 would be spent on pies for Boydy. Who I presume would munch them in one sitting. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Club sell Shankland.

We have no main striker (Moore still injured?).

Half the AUFC500 fund subscribers cancel.

No more season tickets get sold.

The sky over Somerset darkens very quickly as disgruntled supporters label him a Judas, turn on the rest of the team in anger and start on McCall.

Everything falls apart.

Shanks goes in the summer.

Keeps Ayr up.

Goes off the pitch at Somerset with tears in his eyes, knowing he has played his last game for the team that rescued his career, the fans that adored him and a team that supported him back to his best.

Fans applaud and sing his name, thanking him for his services, his goals and his part in keeping us up.

Becomes a legend spoken about for decades to come.

Goes on to a much bigger team and his shot at glory and financial security.

Club sell Shankland.
The sky over Somerset darkens very quickly as disgruntled supporters label him a Judas, turn on the rest of the team in anger and start on McCall.
Everything falls apart.

Keeps Ayr up.
Goes off the pitch at Somerset with tears in his eyes, knowing he has played his last game for the team that rescued his career, the fans that adored him and a team that supported him back to his best.
Fans applaud and sing his name, thanking him for his services, his goals and his part in keeping us up.

Never mind shankland having tears in his eyes that 2nd part brought a tear to mine

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Gets Ayr Promoted 

Goes off the pitch at Somerset with tears in his eyes, knowing he has played his last game at championship level for the team that rescued his career, the fans that adore him and a team that supported him back to his best.

Fans applaud and sing his name, thanking him for his services, his goals and his part in getting us even further up.

Goes on to a much bigger team, like Man u or Real Madrid and his shot at glory and financial security.

Over ambitious I suppose. One can dream :-) 

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
10 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:
Club sell Shankland.
Everything falls apart.

Keeps Ayr up.

Never mind shankland having tears in his eyes that 2nd part brought a tear to mine

Thinks he's the resident Rabbie Burns.

15 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Club sell Shankland.

Everything falls apart.

Keeps Ayr up.

Think the second outcome sounds better if i don't say so

2 hours ago, Newmember said:

Not being negative . realistic maybe mate in my view by Ian McCall saying 200k plus will get him that opens the door. If someone came to you or me tomorrow and said I will treble ur wages am sure u would go . if shankland is on 750 per week and some club offered him 2000/2500 per week no way would he would have stayed at Ayr 

Where did Ian McCall say 200k? I don't believe he has put a figure on it. I think that figure you have quoted was said by Tam McManus in a BBC article.

He won't leave.

Championship teams down south could easily throw £250k at Shankland as a gamble and it would be 50/50 if he was given a chance.

He has played for a few clubs already, mostly on loan and wasn't nearly the player he is now, moving to the Championship for money might stall his career when he is at a critical age.  Or he could continue the same way he has at Ayr. 

He seems happy at Ayr, when he first joined he didn't really celebrate goals and looked like he was going through the motions, within a couple of months he was almost winning games single handed and looked like he wanted to win more than anyone.  

I hope he has a huge future in the game and plays at international level, I think he can.....as long as he stays this year and we get a whack of cash for him when he goes I'll be happy

5 hours ago, Newmember said:

100% correct spot on he will be on 750/800 per week 

Those championship side are paying 2000 plus per week no brainer

Louis Moult is on loads more than £2k.

Edited by ayrmad

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I very much doubt we would take £250k. It would have to be a ridiculous offer for us to sell. As mentioned the drop off in attendances and those of us who specifically joined the 500 club as the club got Shankland would cost the club more than that.

Also the feel good factor surrounding the club would disappear.

Just read the statement from McCall as well. Pleased he's ruling it out unless it's a ridiculous offer! :thumsup2

Admittedly,  English Championship clubs could make a ridiculous offer fairly easily given the financial disparity in football.

I'm not convinced, at least if Jack Ross signs him I'll be able to use the cash I save attending Somerset to go to the Stadium of Light.

As the selling club who don't want to sell, selling a player who so far isn't showing any signs at all of wanting to leave, there's surely absolutely no chance he leaves before August 31st. So let's just see what happens in the 3 league and 1 Betfred cup game until then (3 of which are against some of the 'big teams' that we have been / are fighting off for his signature). 

Edited by Hursty

10 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Club sell Shankland.

Everything falls apart.

Keeps Ayr up.

Fucking superb post.

11 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Club sell Shankland.

Everything falls apart.

Keeps Ayr up.

The passion of football fans never ceases  to amaze me. 

Your team is something that burrows right into your DNA and brings out emotions you never thought possible. 

Full grown and mature fans can end up idolising young laddies and, putting them on a pedestal for their ability at kicking a ball. 

We all forgive losing a game as long as our team puts in an effort and go down fighting and, we are prepared to travel all over the world to continue to support them regardless. 

More than all that is the total respect I/we have for fans who support their local team as opposed to idealisms and glory. 

Thats a brilliant post from AUFC1910 and, I'm sure it mirrors the feelings of every fan of their local team and, swells the heart of the players we idolise.