The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

I see Dundee have signed a forward on loan.  Hopefully panic over.

We've not signed anyone on loan. We've signed an attacking midfielder on a 6 month deal but still in the market for 1-2 strikers and a LB. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure Roberts actually got him in the dugout and he was fair pleased with himself.

I'll take him standing anywhere so long as it's nowhere near the halfway line on the North Terracing.

1 minute ago, Waniche said:

So you know differently do you? Hmmmm, I beg to differ. For a minute there I actually forgot he’s married to my cousin. 

I did hear that he was unhappy at Ayr, due to being constantly undermined by the manager. Fell out with the manager and yet, still continued to perform. 

Now capped for Scotland seven times and if I remember, single handedly won the cup for Dundee United in the cup final. 

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I did hear that he was unhappy at Ayr, due to being constantly undermined by the manager. Fell out with the manager and yet, still continued to perform. 

Now capped for Scotland seven times and if I remember, single handedly won the cup for Dundee United in the cup final. 

In all honesty, he wasn't a huge loss for us at the time, he's carved out a fine career for himself but we didn't see much of it.

A bit like us losing Forrest last season and then him going onto better things, as it is, we might yet get a fantastic season out of the youngster and wish we could keep him.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

bit like us losing Forrest last season and then him going onto better things, as it is, we might yet get a fantastic season out of the youngster and wish we could keep him.

He was a good player. Went on to bigger and better things, good for him :-) 

Could say that about the whole team, it's great how well they are doing but it's inevitable that some will move on to other clubs and make a name for themselves. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we do end up selling him I hope we give ourselves enough time to get a replacement sorted. Moore and Moffat alone won’t suffice as options up front.

He's irreplaceable, anyone else would just be a jersey filler in comparison..

He's irreplaceable, anyone else would just be a jersey filler in comparison..

He’s irreplaceable for a club at our level. We’d struggle to find someone that fits the way we play so well and has the ability to go with it.

It doesn’t change the fact we’d have to find a striker that could come in if he does go and at this stage we won’t find one that’s not already at a club.

He’s irreplaceable for a club at our level. We’d struggle to find someone that fits the way we play so well and has the ability to go with it.

It doesn’t change the fact we’d have to find a striker that could come in if he does go and at this stage we won’t find one that’s not already at a club.

He won’t be going anywhere until January at the earliest

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As I said earlier, sell him now and we'd be as well locking the doors.

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Can we all just calm it right down and accept that the likelihood of Sir Lawrence of Ayrshire going anywhere else in this transfer window is slim to none. 

I agree, the boy knows another good season at the Stadium of Dreams could set his career up for a long while to come.

Two English Championship side interested in him and one English One side 
First 250.000 bid and he's off 
Wouldn't be surprised if Sunderland is one of them, Jack Ross seems to be buying a lot of players from up here

Realistically though who is there that we'd get for £250k and would all of that money even go to the budget or used for the wider finances at the club.

Benefit we have is that the English transfer window shuts next week I'm sure and not the end of August like usual. Gives us a better chance of keeping him because I doubt he'll go to another Scottish club, can't see any splashing out £250k.

The difference of him leaving now and and the end of the season is massive, if all goes well we will have had a successful season and finished well above the relegation dog fight and maybe had a decent run in the cups making us a more attractive proposition for players to join and may be have a bit more money to spend, if he goes now that situation is less likely, let's just enjoy him whilst he's here and hopefully take a bit of pride that our support and club helped him get his career back on track