The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Conway left Ayr because of the way he was treated. That’s fact. 

He was the star player when we lost 2-0 to Inverness in the cup. Mark Mcgeown got sent off and Dougie Ramsey went in nets for a penalty. I think if Conway had started, he'd have made a big difference. 

With the exception of last year, has there actually been a player Ayr have had recently that a team from a higher division have wanted to buy? 

I think £30k was mentioned as we were at loggerheads with United and it eventually went to a tribunal. I'm also pretty sure that we had a 10% or 15% sell on clause but unfortunately he left under freedom of contract when he went down South.

I've not got twitter, could someone post up a quick summary of what he's said.

I've got the general idea of course.............

He was the star player when we lost 2-0 to Inverness in the cup. Mark Mcgeown got sent off and Dougie Ramsey went in nets for a penalty. I think if Conway had started, he'd have made a big difference. 
With the exception of last year, has there actually been a player Ayr have had recently that a team from a higher division have wanted to buy? 

Stevenson is the only one I can think of.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think £30k was mentioned as we were at loggerheads with United and it eventually went to a tribunal. I'm also pretty sure that we had a 10% or 15% sell on clause but unfortunately he left under freedom of contract when he went down South.

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement/

He basically says there’s been some interest in Shankland and other players from teams up here and down South.

Says we would be very reluctant to sell and it would have to be a considerable offer plus add ons for us to even consider it.

Ends by saying that Shankland is still very committed to the team and he’s enjoying his football and although McCall has no doubts he’ll go on to play at a higher level he is still an Ayr Utd player.

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Funnily enough i've had my old man messaging me all morning - he was planning on going down today or tomorrow to pick his season ticket up ahead of Saturday but is now holding off until he hears something from the club saying Shankland isny going on the cheap, having seen those reports! Very unfortunate timing....

There's the club responded. Tell your faither to get his arse down to the club shop :thumsup2

Cheers guys.

Excellent statement by the club and McCall, this is starting to get really boring with everything being handled extremely professionally both on and off the park. I'm sure there will be some of our "harder to please" fans furious about it...............

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Cheers guys.

Excellent statement by the club and McCall, this is starting to get really boring with everything being handled extremely professionally both on and off the park. I'm sure there will be some of our "harder to please" fans furious about it...............

I can honestly say I've not heard any negativity from Ayr fans that I know.

Edited by ayrmad

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I can honestly say I've not heard any negativity from Ayr fans that I know.

In fairness neither have I, however I was just being a bit sarcastic knowing what certain characters can be like. You know the ones that used to turn up and shout abuse at the likes of Chris Aitken for 90 mins and then be over the moon if he made a mistake and likewise with young Jordan Hart.

Thankfully not so many about these days and hopefully there'll be no call for that type of "support" this season.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

If Waghorn is worth £8 million and Maddison £23 million, then the guy definitely has a point......................

Extremely good point. Would a feck pay that for Waghorn. Shankland however, is happy staying where he is because he's happy. Money can't buy you love.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Former Ayr manager 

In his head aye, remember the time in the Championship he volunteered his services as a coach  to sort the defence out. Two weeks and he'll sort them out.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

In his head aye, remember the time in the Championship he volunteered his services as a coach  to sort the defence out. Two weeks and he'll sort them out.

I’m sure Roberts actually got him in the dugout and he was fair pleased with himself.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

In defence of some of the postings, we have had to watch some utter rubbish for years now and this group of players do seem like a huge improvement, so I think we could be excused for getting a wee bit overexcited.

The big difference is that we have lots of young and exciting players who all look as if they're enjoying themselves as opposed to just going through the motions and picking up a wage, they all seem to get on and enjoy playing together and undoubtedly they do look like they could be a cut above, however, we haven't even played our first league match and there's no doubt that the early season confidence could evaporate very quickly, but at the same time this team does feel different and there's no doubting the buzz around Somerset and the excitement from the fans which hasn't been there since Glynn Hurst, Andy Walker and Gary Teale were terrorising defences.

As a reality check, staying in this league would be a success but I firmly believe that this team are capable of much, much more, especially if we retain Shankland and keep the majority injury free.

And LOT'S of people wanted McCall sacked not too long ago