The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, rb123! said:
2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:
In other news, anything more about us reaching the 1000 season ticket mark?

Club just announced that 817 season tickets have been sold so far. 649 sold at this time last year.

Poor, if more had watched what I've watched so far this season we'd have sold a lot more.

So is this like a football manager tactic played by Neil Mccann? Buy all the best players in the league below? 
I think it's fear that Shankland will put Dundee out the cup. Scaremongering tactics? 
IMO Ayr are equal to/possibly better than Dundee atm. 

Some of the hyperbole among our fans is ridiculous at the moment.

We are quite clearly not equal to or better than Dundee.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yup, hopefully at least get to 900.

Funnily enough i've had my old man messaging me all morning - he was planning on going down today or tomorrow to pick his season ticket up ahead of Saturday but is now holding off until he hears something from the club saying Shankland isny going on the cheap, having seen those reports! Very unfortunate timing....

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Funnily enough i've had my old man messaging me all morning - he was planning on going down today or tomorrow to pick his season ticket up ahead of Saturday but is now holding off until he hears something from the club saying Shankland isny going on the cheap, having seen those reports! Very unfortunate timing....

It's disappointing that we've even given a figure that we'd accept, this could turn out to be the biggest clanger ever dropped down at Tryfield Place.

Unfortunately we are not on the level of Dundee, but we should be showing more ambition than thinking of selling our best player to the first team that comes along, TBH i think this is a non story, Shankland is clearly happy at the club if it was all about the money he would have went to Hearts (who are a bigger club than Dundee) in the summer and not signed for another year, another season at Somerset playing every week and potentially scoring 20+ goals could see him going to a top 6 club in Scotland or even a club in the championship down south, he's only 22 it's not like it's his last pay day, I'm confident he knows what side his breads butterd.

Plus to be fair - none of the figures mentioned are direct quotes.  The Dundee fan on here mentioned a bid of £100k, whereas that newspaper link said they would pay a '5 figure sum'. Neither are even close to £250k, which if it is a true asking price would seem rather unlikely to be met for a player just out of league one with a year left on his deal.   

Hopefully.

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

That’s a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy though. If a load of people think that way and don’t buy seasons, it could push the club closer to thinking that they need the money, rather than feeling comfortable rejecting it knowing they have a solid base of season ticket holders buying because of Shankland.

39 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Poor, if more had watched what I've watched so far this season we'd have sold a lot more.

In fairness, I've not purchased one this season due to the fact I'll definitely be missing a couple of games which is unavoidable, however I will be attending every single match that I can (at least 13 home league games) and I'm sure there will be plenty others in the same boat as myself.

Although season ticket money up front is important to the club, I'm sure cash flow throughout the season is equally important and as I say, it doesn't make me feel any less of a supporter this season as I think I've earned the right over the years to miss out a game or two for unavoidable committments !!

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Well, Dundee are a lower Premier league team. I had them to get relegated last year, they were lucky. 

Ayr are on the up and avoiding the relegation crap, they can match any team outwith the old firm. So I believe my statement stands. 

A few pages back, people were claiming they wanted hearts in the draw, out of belief Ayr could 'pip' them, whats the difference with Dundee? 

Dundee, who don't have as much faith in their manager as Ayr, are due a relegation scrap of their own and attract the same stature of player. Yes, outwith the crowd numbers, Ayr is equal to or better than. Imo. 

Can you not stop yourself posting such complete and utter nonesnse, it was bad enough disrespecting the Alloa' of this world last season without you ramping up the nonsense this season, stick to your gifs.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness, I've not purchased one this season due to the fact I'll definitely be missing a couple of games which is unavoidable, however I will be attending every single match that I can (at least 13 home league games) and I'm sure there will be plenty others in the same boat as myself.

Although season ticket money up front is important to the club, I'm sure cash flow throughout the season is equally important and as I say, it doesn't make me feel any less of a supporter this season as I think I've earned the right over the years to miss out a game or two for unavoidable committments !!

I've not had a Season Ticket for the 1st 49 years so I'm hardly going to judge anyone for not getting one.

3 hours ago, Hazbart said:

I don’t think we need the money that desperately.

It would destroy the good feeling that’s been built up and this is the year where there’s a really good chance of us staying up and getting established in the championship which will be worth more than 100k in the medium/longterm.

It would be very shortsighted to accept such a paltry amount.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Survival in the Championship would be worth a lot more and keeping Shankland is imperative to that. Shankland want to leave 2 months ago and stayed for less, I don’t see what will have changed his mind in the space of 2 months.

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Absolute PR disaster if we sell shankland at this point, if we keep him and he brings in an extra 500 fans paying £17.00 for each home game that's £153,00 so why sell him? He obviously had offers to go in the summer and stayed with us so he must be happy and no offence to Dundee but if he scored 15 to 20 goals this season he is going to end up at a far bigger club.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t really see how turning down 100K is a gamble?

The only gamble I would see is selling our best player and being relegated, again.

Yeh if you don't need the money then fair enough.  However if you keep the player AND relegated then I suppose its a double whammy...........on the flip side you could sell him and stay up.

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

Wow. Just wow.

That's what we've been saying since he joined a few weeks ago, you should feel sorry for us, we've to put up with this shite on an almost hourly basis.