The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Realistically though who is there that we'd get for £250k and would all of that money even go to the budget or used for the wider finances at the club.

Benefit we have is that the English transfer window shuts next week I'm sure and not the end of August like usual. Gives us a better chance of keeping him because I doubt he'll go to another Scottish club, can't see any splashing out £250k.

Think the Championship in England is still the end of August

23 minutes ago, Newmember said:

First 250.000 bid and he's off 

250k is a lot of money, could get a great, Fantastic player with that. 

Wouldn't be lawrence Shankland though, be very hard to find a player as good as him for that amount of money. 

I think if Ayr tie Shankland up for a wee while, they could possibly surpass the fee they got for Gary Teale. 

250k. 30% add on for future transfers 30k after 25 games 30k after 50 games 
50k for first full cap God what a Agent I would be 
As much as that all sounds amazing I'd give it all up to be starting next season as a championship club playing teams like Patrick and having crowds of 3000+ than going back to playing East Fife (No disrespect) and them bringing about 10 fans, at the end of the day money talks but if we stay being this yo yo club the stay away fans won't come back.

250k. 30% add on for future transfers 30k after 25 games 30k after 50 games 
50k for first full cap God what a Agent I would be 

No club is paying all for a player in the second tier of Scottish football. You’d be a shite agent as going by all that no club would buy your players.
Only time will tell eat your words 

Will you eat your words if you’re wrong and he stays?

He might stay but its only matter of time if he scores more than 15/20 before Jan then its curtains 

Once again that’s up for debate. If we are in a position where we have a chance of getting into the playoffs or a chance of going down then he won’t be allowed to leave in January unless it’s a mental offer. Realistically though no one will pay a crazy fee for someone who’s out of contract 6 months later.

He might stay but its only matter of time if he scores more than 15/20 before Jan then its curtains 
Yeah agree was thinking that last night, everyone will know he's a real deal if he can score 15 odd at least in half a season in this league, not sure if he will tbh.

Just now, Newmember said:

Ffs, I thought I was the knobend on this thread. 

Mate, he's going nowhere. Shankland enjoys playing with this team, the whole team get along and work together. His game is improving along with the team and it would take a substantial offer for Mccall to even think about selling him. 

50 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

He's irreplaceable, anyone else would just be a jersey filler in comparison..

Finding a striker on the same level would be impossible. Don’t know how much he earns but I would imagine it would be a decent part of the budget. If his wage and part of any transfer fee allowed us to sign three players of a similar level to Murdoch then that may benefit the team overall.  

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ffs, I thought I was the knobend on this thread. 

Mate, he's going nowhere. Shankland enjoys playing with this team, the whole team get along and work together. His game is improving along with the team and it would take a substantial offer for Mccall to even think about selling him. 

Don't be cheeky I know he loves it at Ayr but if someone tells u we can treble ur wages ur going to go 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Finding a striker on the same level would be impossible. Don’t know how much he earns but I would imagine it would be a decent part of the budget. If his wage and part of any transfer fee allowed us to sign three players of a similar level to Murdoch then that may benefit the team overall.  

100% correct spot on he will be on 750/800 per week 

Those championship side are paying 2000 plus per week no brainer

Don't be cheeky I know he loves it at Ayr but if someone tells u we can treble ur wages ur going to go 
He's already said in a few interviews it's not about the money, that may have been when talking a few £100 a month if your taking a few £1000 a month though it might be a different story.