The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Moffat, a good player no doubt, kept running the ball in circles and giving the ball away. He looked tired towards the end and I'd have swapped him. A few years back, he'd have put them away. 

I understand he's holding the ball up, Forrest could have scored a belter playing off him. I'm not slating moff, I just think he's more suited to finding the net than holding the ball. 

Mate, you are digging a hole. Don’t you think the point is for him to ‘hold the ball’ and playing the position for other players to play off him? 

Cant you just be happy? 

Mate, you are digging a hole. Don’t you think the point is for him to ‘hold the ball’ and playing the position for other players to play off him? 
Cant you just be happy? 
Crawford and Murdoch in central mid [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7], Kerr and Doc may struggle to get in the team glad doc's back and looked good in his cameo, young Doohan distribution is excellent not to mention 4 clean sheets in a row for the kid.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Crawford and Murdoch in central mid emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png, Kerr and Doc may struggle to get in the team glad doc's back and looked good in his cameo, young Doohan distribution is excellent not to mention 4 clean sheets in a row for the kid.

Great post. 

We were great today! Everyone did their bit, Robbie Crawford was ace. Much better through the middle than out wide.

Credit to the defence, Rose & Adams look like a great partnership. Big Adams is playing really well in there, I didn't think he would get much game time this season but the Farmer's doing well.

What a buzz around the place with so many fans. Hopefully today's performance keeps them coming. We are definitely a club on the up!

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Might be a stupid question but why has big Jamie been playing canter mid most of his career he has been outstanding everytime I have seen him at canter back.

I've often wondered that myself. He's a natural centre back. The back four had me very impressed. Best Defence I've seen in an Ayr team in a good while. Adams stands out for being impossible to get by. :-) 

A couple more wins and I'm sure it's safe to say we are staying in the league. We're top of the league today. I'd love for it to stay that way :-) but there's a long way to go. 

C'mon the super Ayr! 

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Might be a stupid question but why has big Jamie been playing canter mid most of his career he has been outstanding everytime I have seen him at canter back.

“Canter back” lol. He’s a solid, doesn’t take any shenanigans player. Think playing in midfield utilised more defensively in breaking up and stopping play so makes sense moving him back. 

Not sure how good Patrick are (I spoke to one of their fans coming out the game and he reckoned they could get relegated) but we were seriously impressive.  Moffat and Shankland were superb, but real difference for me was Crawford and Murdoch.  Morton must have some pretty good options to let Murdoch go.  Hope no one makes any sneaky bids for Crawford at the same time as they make a sneaky bid for Shankland.

Agree with most of this, I thought Robbie Crawford & Alan Forrest were our 2 standouts today but in fairness they were all great. Thistle are a big strong physical side but there's no doubt that we out football'd them today and also looked a far superior side.

My 2 conclusions from today, which some of you may think are mince, but first one is that this side reminds me of the Hamilton side containing McCarthy, MacArthur, Hendrie etc that grew up together and went from strength to strength and the other involves Shankland and who he reminded me of, well, does anyone remember Michu that played with Swansea ? I reckon his hold up play, control and finishing is very similar in many ways.

Not sure how good Patrick are (I spoke to one of their fans coming out the game and he reckoned they could get relegated) but we were seriously impressive.  Moffat and Shankland were superb, but real difference for me was Crawford and Murdoch.  Morton must have some pretty good options to let Murdoch go.  Hope no one makes any sneaky bids for Crawford at the same time as they make a sneaky bid for Shankland.
I honestly can't believe we got Murdoch on a free, brilliant peice of businesses by McCall

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It'll take more than another couple of wins before we start talking about league safety.

You're really on a roll today.

You know what I mean, get a couple of wins under a young team and keep this momentum going.  The team certainly look the part and a few wins would give them the confidence to carry on to at least above 8th.

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

English transfer window closes on thursday I can't see Shankland moving to another Scottish club outwith the ugly sisters, my fear is Jack Ross is looking for a striker at Sunderland hope he keeps his grubby hand's off.

There’s a lot of shite being sprouted about mate. I even heard some crap if Lafferty goes to Castle Greyskull for £200k then sharts will put a bid in. Why on earth would a player enjoying his football, spending time with a team that want him and full of comitment leave? 

We just need to enjoy the moment! 

1 minute ago, Waniche said:

There’s a lot of shite being sprouted about mate. I even heard some crap if Lafferty goes to Castle Greyskull for £200k then sharts will put a bid in. Why on earth would a player enjoying his football, spending time with a team that want him and full of comitment leave? 

We just need to enjoy the moment! 

Because he wants to further his career, win trophies, get paid more and score a hat-trick for Scotland in the World Cup final? All players are for sale, that’s the hard reality I’m afraid.