The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We are right next to the sea right enough. I'm going to Google 'How to train seagulls', get them to fly over killie for fecal related reasons. 
[emoji445] If had the wings of a seagull, if I had the arse of a crowd if fly over k***y tomorrow and fecal on the fatherless persons below[emoji445] doesn't have the same ring to it.

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He doesn’t need a gun just someone to punt the ball at his head!

I reckon it was Adams that killed the one up at Forfar during McCall's post match interview. Using the power of his mind!

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I very much doubt that rules out any English championship teams. The money down there is ridiculous.

100% of them could afford a fee and pay more money than Ayr are paying, but are they interesting enough of a team to tempt him away from Ayr, his home, his family, his girlfriends life etc ? 

beat Dundee, get to the quarter finals and offer Moffat, Moore and Shankland 18 month extensions. At least guarantee us money and more importantly Shankland till the end of the season

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

emoji445.png If had the wings of a seagull, if I had the arse of a crowd if fly over k***y tomorrow and fecal on the fatherless persons belowemoji445.png doesn't have the same ring to it.

If they tied some kites of owl eyes or something along the fence at the north terrace, it might keep them away. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I reckon it was Adams that killed the one up at Forfar during McCall's post match interview. Using the power of his mind!

He could use that power on Kris Boyd, Bobby Williamson, Cammy Bell.... Chooses not to. Good guy :-) 

100% of them could afford a fee and pay more money than Ayr are paying, but are they interesting enough of a team to tempt him away from Ayr, his home, his family, his girlfriends life etc ? 
beat Dundee, get to the quarter finals and offer Moffat, Moore and Shankland 18 month extensions. At least guarantee us money and more importantly Shankland till the end of the season

Of course an English championship team would tempt him, it’s one league away from the premiership. If a team in that league makes a bid we can’t come close to competing with it.

There is no chance Shankland will sign an extension, just need to hope we get a fantastic season out of him and then send him on his way.

26 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Fantastic win for you guys the day - best of luck for the coming season. Have always liked the cut of McCalls jib, and in Lawrence Shankland you might just have the divisions top striker.

Wee question - I was driving in Edinburgh on the way home from work on Thursday, through Granton beside Javits takeaway, and passed the most bizarre sight; what appeared to be a wee auld silver haired dude on a mobility scooter, which had a number plate on the back saying "SUPERAYR1" or "AYRUNITED1", and a flag that looked like a skull and crossbones or somesuch.

Reading that back I'm aware that I sound bombed tae f**k, but I swear I saw this. Anyone ken who this auld timer was? Love seeing huge displays of affection for the provincial clubs and this one made me smile.

Nice post. Think you are right. vaguely remember an old war vet that lived at at the military hospital at Gilmerton with a ‘superayr1’ plate on his mobility scooter. However Granton is quite a distance from there.....well unless he was lost. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course an English championship team would tempt him, it’s one league away from the premiership. If a team in that league makes a bid we can’t come close to competing with it.

There is no chance Shankland will sign an extension, just need to hope we get a fantastic season out of him and then send him on his way.

Yeah, the realist in me thinks the same. Although the idealist  is with @diegomarahenry.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

My point is there would be a small scope of teams both interested and interesting within the Championship for Shankland to move, the reality is every team could pay any realistic fee Ayr asked for and probably x10 his current wage. Doesn't mean he wants to move to Rotherham.

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Calm down folk we have won one game .still 35 to go .

That's quite exciting when you think of the goal rate that Sir Lawrence of Shankland is scoring at. 35 games (if he stays the whole season.) that's a potential of at least 30 goals surely? 

Calm down folk we have won one game .still 35 to go .

Fine, if me thinking we’re definitely stopping 10 in a row next year is me getting carried away then so be it.

We probably will though.

Nice post. Think you are right. vaguely remember an old war vet that lived at at the military hospital at Gilmerton with a ‘superayr1’ plate on his mobility scooter. However Granton is quite a distance from there.....well unless he was lost. 

I teach on Granton Road and have seen an Ayr jersey floating about once or twice, but never stopped to chat. There’s a few of us in Edinburgh - got to chatting to a guy in Longstone when I was out for a run in an Ayr hoodie. Time was I thought it was just me and my old man...