The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He played for Killie but he never did enough for me to refer to him as a DKB. Same with Adams in that category.

Jai Quitongo seems pretty highly rated with a lot of potential but he flatters to deceive and he’s not the goal scorer that we would need if Shankland left. He’d be someone I’d consider as a replacement for Moffat or Forrest maybe.

It's taps aff in the centre circle if any Ayr fan ever shouts that at the big fermer.

It's all pretty straightforward regarding Shankland, he's signed for 1 year and if the club get a decent bid that they may wish to accept then they will speak to Lawrence and see what he thinks. Both parties would need to be in agreement and the bid would need to be in the region of £250k + from what I'm hearing.

End of story...........

I can't see him leaving before the end of the season, he looks like he loves the club, he's playing with a group of boys that clearly are very close and the fans adore him. His dad seams to be his agent hopefully he will be keeping his feet on the ground telling him to stay at Ayr play 40 games score a barrowload of goals them he could get the move he really deserves not shitty clubs like Dundee or st Mirren

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I can't see him leaving before the end of the season, he looks like he loves the club, he's playing with a group of boys that clearly are very close and the fans adore him. His dad seams to be his agent hopefully he will be keeping his feet on the ground telling him to stay at Ayr play 40 games score a barrowload of goals them he could get the move he really deserves not shitty clubs like Dundee or st Mirren

Not hopefully, he should be, the only thing that can stop Lawrence having  more and better options next summer is injury, keeps going as he has done so far and I'd expect an English Championship side to take a punt on him for next season.

Edited by ayrmad

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Do we reckon the club should have a cheeky chat with Shankland at the moment about adding another year to his contract?

No, let the boy strut his stuff for the season and allow him to have a better negotiating position with possible suitors next summer.

That's also a good selling point for any other prospective signings IMHO.

Do we reckon the club should have a cheeky chat with Shankland at the moment about adding another year to his contract?

From a financial point of view could we commit to another year without knowing what league we will be playing in next season?

I wouldn't want to pressure him in to anything at the moment but..... if you offerd him a two year deal with a buyout clause of say £300,000 and say he can leave for free if we get relegated that may work.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He’s said he is off next summer, so it would be pointless/potentially harmful trying to get him to sign up for longer. Just ride out the transfer window and let him keep smashing them in for the season.

Let's just accept that we'll get one more year out of him and then he will move to bigger and better things. We've saved his career, and he's more than repaid us for that with his performances. I just hope that he realises how good he could be and doesn't settle for some diddies like Dundee.

Saw someone mention Sunderland earlier in the thread. Working under a manager like Jack Ross in front of 30,000 fans every week is what he deserves, not scrapping around in front of 5000 at Dundee in yet another relegation scrap. Wherever he ends up, he'll go with our blessing and when he continues to hit the headlines, I for one will be standing with a huge cheeser like a proud Dad.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

From a financial point of view could we commit to another year without knowing what league we will be playing in next season?

Maybe he'll opt to stay with us in the Premier next season.............

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Let's just accept that we'll get one more year out of him and then he will move to bigger and better things. We've saved his career, and he's more than repaid us for that with his performances. I just hope that he realises how good he could be and doesn't settle for some diddies like Dundee.

Saw someone mention Sunderland earlier in the thread. Working under a manager like Jack Ross in front of 30,000 fans every week is what he deserves, not scrapping around in front of 5000 at Dundee in yet another relegation scrap. Wherever he ends up, he'll go with our blessing and when he continues to hit the headlines, I for one will be standing with a huge cheeser like a proud Dad.

As a Sunderland fan I'd be delighted if he ends up there, hopefully I'm not sitting watching him against The Posh in October.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

As a Sunderland fan I'd be delighted if he ends up there, hopefully I'm not sitting watching him against The Posh in October.

Between Ayr and Sunderland, the last 15 years must have been some slog for you?

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Between Ayr and Sunderland, the last 15 years must have been some slog for you?

It feels like someone threw me on the Pepsi Max and went their holidays for a fortnight, so close to wanting off many times, then a wee jolt of adrenaline kicks in and you're away again.

I wouldn't change either team if I had a choice.

11 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It feels like someone threw me on the Pepsi Max and went their holidays for a fortnight, so close to wanting off many times, then a wee jolt of adrenaline kicks in and you're away again.

I wouldn't change either team if I had a choice.

Quite a decent metaphor actually. At least Ayr being absolutely f****g magic last season would have slightly made up for the utterly calamitous mess that Sunderland were last season. 

9 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Quite a decent metaphor actually. At least Ayr being absolutely f****g magic last season would have slightly made up for the utterly calamitous mess that Sunderland were last season. 

I actually think being an utterly calamitous mess last season was exactly what Sunderland needed, a chance to clear out the crap and start afresh with a very talented young manager who they would never have looked at otherwise.

You just need to see a Shankland strutting their stuff once or twice to keep you going, this season, potentially I'm going to see quite a lot of Shanklandesque performances from quite a few players at both clubs, happy days.

I could be overdosing on adrenaline this season.:)

Edited by ayrmad

I just thought say a years extension to his contract just now would really give attractors the message that he ain't going somewhere.

And since it's not a fore gone conclusion that we'll be in the league next season a relegation clause would be appropriate. Plus a release clause of say £300k.

Would be a win win for the club IMO as it would probably put off clubs from trying to sign him just now, wouldn't put us financially at risk as a club as a relegation clause would mean the financial implications of paying Shanklands wage in league 1 would be avoided if he wanted to go. Would also allow us to know we could be in for a big amount of cash next summer if he had a stormer this season in the championship and a club like Sunderland came in. Cause we'd get the 300k plus club would be able to put in clauses and add ons for future.

Can't see it happening though, also wonder if his current contract has a goal bonus in it because that could end up costing someone a fortune [emoji23].