The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just a suggestion, to improve Somerset. (a non-crazy one believe it or not!) 
You know those Kites you get shaped as Hawks? Could they not put a few of them up during Match days? Towards the end of the second half, there were seagulls everywhere. Now, I'm not in any way against seagulls and their existance, just think they occasionally get in the way of fans watching the game. 
Bad idea? Good idea? Do Hawks even scare seagulls? 
f**k the kite what about a real one? Do crystal palace not have something like that?

Fantastic win for you guys the day - best of luck for the coming season. Have always liked the cut of McCalls jib, and in Lawrence Shankland you might just have the divisions top striker.

Wee question - I was driving in Edinburgh on the way home from work on Thursday, through Granton beside Javits takeaway, and passed the most bizarre sight; what appeared to be a wee auld silver haired dude on a mobility scooter, which had a number plate on the back saying "SUPERAYR1" or "AYRUNITED1", and a flag that looked like a skull and crossbones or somesuch.

Reading that back I'm aware that I sound bombed tae f**k, but I swear I saw this. Anyone ken who this auld timer was? Love seeing huge displays of affection for the provincial clubs and this one made me smile.

Was it a 1 year deal he signed this summer? From an outside perspective I think he will stay, he must have had premiership teams sniffing about at the end of last season.

Would take an astronomical offer for him to go and I don’t think many clubs could afford it and if they could I don’t think they are in the market for a striker, except Aberdeen but I don’t see that happening.

Aye signed a one year deal and according to McCall there were teams in the Premiership (Hearts were one) and teams in League 1 down south interested.

I think it’s almost impossible to sell him now. He’s going to score a good number of goals this season and will ultimately be the deciding factor of what we achieve this season. Also re-signing him was a huge show of ambition on our part and has led to increased numbers signing up to the AU500 Players Fund and also increased number of season tickets being sold. We’ve just sold 1000 season tickets for the first time in ages and he’s played a massive part in that. Letting him go now regardless of the fee would seem like a betrayal on the clubs part to a lot of fans and I think I’d probably be one of them.

Just now, pandarilla said:

f**k the kite what about a real one? Do crystal palace not have something like that?

You'd be surprised how ineffective a real hawk can be. They did that at my work and the seagulls attacked the hawk and it flew off. I don't think the Falconry guy ever got it back either!

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Out of interest if there was money in the budget for one more player would folk rather see it spent now or wait a use it later in January.

Personally I don’t think we’re desperate for reinforcements but a centre half/right back to cover our defence wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I would take that boy from Hearts which you brought up last week but apart from him wouldn't really be interested in us signing anyone else and going by the fact Geggan played 90 mins today (i think) hopefully he's over the calf injury which means he'll be first choice RB hopefully.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You'd be surprised how ineffective a real hawk can be. They did that at my work and the seagulls attacked the hawk and it flew off. I don't think the Falconry guy ever got it back either!

A few kites then, keeps the seagulls away. Hopefully. 

Yeah, he signed a one year deal.
I honestly can't see the club selling him for less than £1 million (laugh if you like...). I also don't think Shanks wants to leave if he keeps playing as he is he'll get a good move at the end of the season (like Devlin did).
I reckon we just need to wait 5 more days as the English window closes which is where the risk lies. Outwith the Old Firm and maybe Aberdeen (if they sell McKenna), the Scottish teams don't have the money.

I had £500k in my head but that’s not based on anything at all. I agree with that. I reckon on signing there would have been an agreement that the club will turn pretty much any deal down and he can do what he wants next season. Obviously that changes with an English team getting involved.

Dundee might have the money with the Hendry sale but I highly doubt they would be willing to spend that much.

With Moore injured, selling Shankland would royally f**k Ayr.  Fortunately the club doesn't want to sell and the player doesn't want to leave so it would take something big to make the club sell and something interesting to tempt the player. That rules out 95% of Scottish teams and 75% of English championship teams. 

Raging? Lol. Perfectly happy with how things are progressing. In Murdoch and Shankland we have two top players. Still far too early to be to be making predictions and calling other fans opinions out. Apologies for not fitting in with your narrative 

You missed Moffat rose Mcdaid Forrest geggan Harvie Doohan Adams etc from that list

With Moore injured, selling Shankland would royally f**k Ayr.  Fortunately the club doesn't want to sell and the player doesn't want to leave so it would take something big to make the club sell and something interesting to tempt the player. That rules out 95% of Scottish teams and 75% of English championship teams. 

I very much doubt that rules out any English championship teams. The money down there is ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

We can't have a tractor and a kite pick one or the other for the fundraiser lol

A kite shaped as a tractor! 

In all seriousness though, something should be done about the seagulls. I feel like a seagull racist in saying it. 

They are fearless of humans clearly, so that rules scarecrows out. :-(

Edited by Roxanne's man

In all seriousness though, something should be done about the seagulls. I feel like a seagull racist in saying it. 

I like the seagulls. We should buy a whole load of bird feed and throw it over the away supporters on the terracing.

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

No, you're right.

It's murder on the North terracing when folks throw chips on the ground or abandon their food. 

Just get big Jamie to bring his shot gun ( all farmers have one right? ) he can shot the seagulls because the way he's playing he's strolling through games.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Just get big Jamie to bring his shot gun ( all farmers have one right? ) he can shot the seagulls because the way he's playing he's strolling through games.

We are right next to the sea right enough. I'm going to Google 'How to train seagulls', get them to fly over killie for fecal related reasons.