The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

One team that could use Lawrence Shankland is Aberdeen now that Adam Rooney has left....

That would be ironic... although not going to happen!

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Trust the unfurling of our flag to go tits up

Tbd I'd rather win the game and the flag unfurling to go a bit haywire. The flag looked enormous on the flag pole.

I take it the flag will be flying from the pole next to the hospitality for the Dunfermline game?

28 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Trust the unfurling of our flag to go tits up

Most Ayr United thing possible, wouldn't have wanted it to happen any other way. 

From the little Doohan had to do today I was very impressed with his calls into action. Must have a decent level of concentration, great distribution and a very good command of his box. 
On his busier days he's going to be an amazing asset to the club.

5 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Brilliant game today! 

Personally I'd have take Moff off, didn't cut it today. 

Who pushed Robbie Crawford to the ground? 

Moff was absolutely superb today.  I genuinely can't imagine how anyone would think otherwise!!

Edit - sorry - this has been covered. As you were.

Edited by Hursty

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Anyone want to start a crowdfunder for a new tractor ?

That's probably Number 1 on Graeme Millers to do list now to get a tractor sponsor who'll donate one lol, surely Jamie Adams got an old one kicking about he could donate.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That's probably Number 1 on Graeme Millers to do list now to get a tractor sponsor who'll donate one lol, surely Jamie Adams got an old one kicking about he could donate.

Don't be silly, Jamie Adams doesn't use a tractor he does it by hand!

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What happened to all the McCall must go crap from many on here......

The betfred cup is a pile of shite that no way reflects how a league season turns out. Today we had a great result against a toothless Thistle team that still have a good few players left to sign. So far our keeper hasn’t really had a save to make. Very premature to be making statements such as the above 

16 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Most Ayr United thing possible, wouldn't have wanted it to happen any other way. 

From the little Doohan had to do today I was very impressed with his calls into action. Must have a decent level of concentration, great distribution and a very good command of his box. 
On his busier days he's going to be an amazing asset to the club.

Fantastic post. Glad to see more constructive positivity. 

The betfred cup is a pile of shite that no way reflects how a league season turns out. Today we had a great result against a toothless Thistle team that still have a good few players left to sign. So far our keeper hasn’t really had a save to make. Very premature to be making statements such as the above 

Coupled with last seasons highs, not premature

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

What about last season? Seemed to go pretty well from what I remember.  I personally enjoyed beating Killie in the pile of shite too I have to admit..

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Coupled with last seasons highs, not premature

Last season we scraped by the worst second place team I can remember. Great end result but wouldn’t fall into being a high 

Last season we scraped by the worst second place team I can remember. Great end result but wouldn’t fall into being a high 

It certainly is a high. If you can’t put winning a league in that category then I don’t know what you expect.

As much as winning the league at a canter is great, winning it on the last day of the season after experiencing the week previous is probably one of the biggest highs I’ve had as a football fan. It doesn’t get much better.

Premature to be saying what exactly?

That keeping McCall was the right decision?

I'm keeping my feet planted firmly on the ground but holy f**k - what kind of glass-pretty-much-empty character are you?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It certainly is a high. If you can’t put winning a league in that category then I don’t know what you expect.

As much as winning the league at a canter is great, winning it on the last day of the season after experiencing the week previous is probably one of the biggest highs I’ve had as a football fan. It doesn’t get much better.

Was a high for me too.  Maybe i'm asking too much but 129 goals or whatever, a title win on the last day and a derby win is up there for me as a 34 year old. 

And today - was in Tam O Shanter beer garden pre game with loads of Thistle fans - all seem to love McCall and the style of football - loads seem to want him back!