The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There’s a lot of shite being sprouted about mate. I even heard some crap if Lafferty goes to Castle Greyskull for £200k then sharts will put a bid in. Why on earth would a player enjoying his football, spending time with a team that want him and full of comitment leave? 
We just need to enjoy the moment! 
True, he's just done an interview on BBC saying he's in no rush to move but is confident he can do it at a higher level.

Just now, Mgc1910 said:

Because he wants to further his career, win trophies, get paid more and score a hat-trick for Scotland in the World Cup final? All players are for sale, that’s the hard reality I’m afraid.  

True. However he’s an Ayr United player until May 2019 unless stupid money is offered. 

It’s not a hard reality, what you’ve said is what happens. 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What happened to all the McCall must go crap from many on here......

Enjoying their winnings at backing Ayr and Shankland to score at anytime. No wonder William hill posted a loss of £900million. 

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You were at this last week as well, nothing genuine about it. You're just acting smug.

you tell him, pish if he's asked the same intimidating Q 2 weeks in a row.  We're on the up and there's a buzz around somerset, let's encourage more to come back.

Missed the game but good result today with a good performance, can't wait to the see the highlights. Good time to play Thistle with them being a shitshow currently but next week away to Inverness will be a real test and indicator of where abouts and who we can compete against in this league.

Off the pitch Shankland said enough to just about reassure me that he'll stay and phenomenal achievement for the club to have sold 1,000 season tickets, thought the club were bonkers the other day still trying to get 1,000 season tickets for today, anyone know when we last sold that many? My guess would be early 2000's so probably near 15 years or there about.

To tell the truth I thought McCall's repeated demands for a substantial increase in season ticket sales were pointless, but if you play football like that every week (and Ayr are doing so) then it might just work.

Seriously, it feels like McCall is playing from an old saved game after reading all the strategy guides at the moment. Keep the team together, focus on bringing through your youth, and attack like your life depended on it. A hell of a redemption story even if he's not quite Ranieri yet.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Missed the game but good result today with a good performance, can't wait to the see the highlights. Good time to play Thistle with them being a shitshow currently but next week away to Inverness will be a real test and indicator of where abouts and who we can compete against in this league.

Off the pitch Shankland said enough to just about reassure me that he'll stay and phenomenal achievement for the club to have sold 1,000 season tickets, thought the club were bonkers the other day still trying to get 1,000 season tickets for today, anyone know when we last sold that many? My guess would be early 2000's so probably near 15 years or there about.

Exactly. We need to encourage more back. They are and believe me more are coming out the woodwork because of the buzz.

We have to however be realistic and it’s a marathon not a sprint. 

2194  home fans today which I thought was a pretty good turnout. I thought folk would be happy with that crowd but there's some on the sre fb calling  it a disgrace. Don't quite understand that.

How many times have we had a big home game where the stay-aways have turned up only to be disappointed at the result/display. Certainly wasn't the case today, everything that could go right did.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

2194  home fans today which I thought was a pretty good turnout. I thought folk would be happy with that crowd but there's some on the sre fb calling  it a disgrace. Don't quite understand that.

How many times have we had a big home game where the stay-aways have turned up only to be disappointed at the result/display. Certainly wasn't the case today, everything that could go right did.

Only saying that on SRE because they've not got dire player performances to moan about or McCall

Brilliant game today! 
Personally I'd have take Moff off, didn't cut it today. 
Who pushed Robbie Crawford to the ground? 

Not sure which game you were watching he one the best player on the park I’m afraid

Not sure which game you were watching he one the best player on the park I’m afraid
He got MOM Roxanne's Man got it well wrong with this, the moff makes the team tick came back from Dunfermline a different player might not score as many now but his all round play is brilliant

There wasn't a poor performance today, but Crawford and Moff were outstanding and it was between them for man of the match.

There will no doubt be much harder games to come, but if we can keep up this level of performance we will easily stay up and could potentially be challenging higher up the table.

In his first spell, Moffat would have been the one playing on the shoulder of centre halfs, quick balls over the top and beating defenders in a foot race , now he is coming short and linking play or drifting out wide to stretch defences and always trying to give an out ball to the midfield.