The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

But then it isn't inaccurate is it?

The song refers to the major trophies in available in Scotland.

The Top League.

The Scottish Cup.

The League Cup.

Killie have won ALL of of these trophies.

What about Ayr?

Which bit?

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don't get why the main stand clears then the north terrace, then the Somerset road end. Surely by the time the stand patrons get to the north terrace gates, it'll be time to open them ?

It all seems a bit made up for the sake of having a rule. 

The email I have says the Somerset Road end empties first and the main stand last.

5 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

The Top League.

The Scottish Cup.

The League Cup.

What about Ayr?

The sang contains a double negative, which in turn makes a positive.. So the song doesn't make sense the way you think it does.

The Top League.
The Scottish Cup.
The League Cup.
What about Ayr?

You sing another song that doesn't start "hello hello"?

The Top League.
The Scottish Cup.
The League Cup.
What about Ayr?

It doesn't matter what the song is about, if you double negative it you've absolutely fucked it. It's still better than your b*****dised Billy Boys ditty, mind.

7 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

The Top League.

The Scottish Cup.

The League Cup.

What about Ayr?

Think you boys should concentrate on fielding eligible players m9

In the 20 odd years supporting Ayr, I have never felt this apathetic about a season. I have zero motivation, and even yesterday when given the opportunity to buy a ticket for the first game back at Somerset, it was a no thanks.

I was at Hampden and Wembley for the Scotland games where overall the fan experience was decent(ish), and after seeing these 'rules' for tonight it really doesn't make me want to go back to a game anytime soon.

I'm unsure if it's the effects of the pandemic, or how utterly unprepared Hopkin appears to be for this season that is making me question if I'll go this year. Maybe it's other things like Smith arguing with fans, other employees having digs at fans online, our away strip is Killie's training top, no home strip available for purchase yet, the cringe fest that is Black and White TV... I really don't know. All these little annoyances build up.

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

In the 20 odd years supporting Ayr, I have never felt this apathetic about a season. I have zero motivation, and even yesterday when given the opportunity to buy a ticket for the first game back at Somerset, it was a no thanks.

I was at Hampden and Wembley for the Scotland games where overall the fan experience was decent(ish), and after seeing these 'rules' for tonight it really doesn't make me want to go back to a game anytime soon.

I'm unsure if it's the effects of the pandemic, or how utterly unprepared Hopkin appears to be for this season that is making me question if I'll go this year. Maybe it's other things like Smith arguing with fans, other employees having digs at fans online, our away strip is Killie's training top, no home strip available for purchase yet, the cringe fest that is Black and White TV... I really don't know. All these little annoyances build up.

There has been alot over the summer, for what should be an exciting season ahead. There are some real positives and strides forwards off the park, but the things you mention above all add up as a counterweight. Watching on the stream v Albion was absolutely guff and made me question if I could be arsed with the rest of the season. I'm actually more buzzing to go watch Johnstone Burgh a week tomorrow in the flesh than watching the stream tonight. Sure it'll be grand and we'll get the buzz again soon, just a case of perseverance whilst the C19 restrictions are lifted.

Like others on here I've been very anti Hopkin from the first mention of a link, but it is only fair to give him enough rope to either swing from or hang himself from. Viewing the league cup as "pre-season" is not a good start for me. It's hard not to draw comparisons with McCall here who took it seriously and gave us some decent paydays. However, he needs to be given the league cup and first run of games. If its looking grim then maybe it will be third time lucky for Jim McIntyre and Hopkin will probably be very well aware that this will be his last gig at this level. If it goes well, which there is still every chance it will with the right signings then I'm also happy to eat humble pie. 

It is also worth remembering we have a rookie chairman, we had Lachlan for a long time. Love him or loath him he developed a thick skin over the years, I'm hopeful Smith will do the same given time.  He making alot of the right noises in terms of backing and developing the facilities, he's probably just not used to being so exposed in the public spotlight. I know I'd struggle to not come on here and SRE and have a crack if I was in his position.  

28 minutes ago, Iain said:

There are definitely times when the club creates a negative 'us and them' situation with the way it handles communication with the supporters. We're only a few bad results away from seeing it again, I reckon.

Hopkin is an absolute pro at fostering that scenario when things are going bad and the fans start revolting.

Edited by Jamie_M

Don’t think it’s just us to be fair.  I see the fans for St Mirren v Dunfermline have been told to arrive 90 minutes before kick off.  Aside from the extreme and pointless inconvenience, how many folk even have the time through work commitments etc to abide by that?

Unfortunately, it hasn’t yet clicked in all areas, but still a lot to be happy about medium to long term.

We don’t have a lot of what other established championship clubs have, which is alternative revenue streams and larger staff numbers which can all be seen as ‘investments’ and ‘essential’ by some, and ‘non-essential’ by others.

I feel we are trying to establish ourselves still as a championship club, and probably need to grow the off pitch team at the same time, to try and grow all aspects ( communication, engagement, sponsorship etc etc etc ).

There is lots that has improved and got better, but of course there is still a way to go.

Needs money and investment, and that looks like what the chairman is doing - not just throwing money at the players, but building up a much better infrastructure to self support and generate more income over short, medium and long term.

Just need a bit of luck with new signings to help keep us fans happy on the pitch side of things

10 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Unfortunately, it hasn’t yet clicked in all areas, but still a lot to be happy about medium to long term.

We don’t have a lot of what other established championship clubs have, which is alternative revenue streams and larger staff numbers which can all be seen as ‘investments’ and ‘essential’ by some, and ‘non-essential’ by others.

I feel we are trying to establish ourselves still as a championship club, and probably need to grow the off pitch team at the same time, to try and grow all aspects ( communication, engagement, sponsorship etc etc etc ).

There is lots that has improved and got better, but of course there is still a way to go.

Needs money and investment, and that looks like what the chairman is doing - not just throwing money at the players, but building up a much better infrastructure to self support and generate more income over short, medium and long term.

Just need a bit of luck with new signings to help keep us fans happy on the pitch side of things

Bang on the money .

It sometimes feels as an Ayr fan that we love the club but the club does not always show that love back, communication with fans needs to improve most of the time voice of reason or Scott Burns at the record break stuff before the club, it may sound stupid to say but even the wee bit of buzz with an imminent tweet does not even happen all the time any more.

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

It sometimes feels as an Ayr fan that we love the club but the club does not always show that love back, communication with fans needs to improve most of the time voice of reason or Scott Burns at the record break stuff before the club, it may sound stupid to say but even the wee bit of buzz with an imminent tweet does not even happen all the time any more.

Part of the “problem” is that we can all see how clubs can get this right - like the English premier clubs - who have the best people on their commercial side with healthy resources.

At our level, it really is down to the individuals. Can they? Are they allowed? Do they want to? Do they see worth in it? Etc etc

Part of the “problem” is that we can all see how clubs can get this right - like the English premier clubs - who have the best people on their commercial side with healthy resources.
At our level, it really is down to the individuals. Can they? Are they allowed? Do they want to? Do they see worth in it? Etc etc
100% but the club could maybe link up with Ayr collage or the uni must be some kind of course in media ran at them we could link with and get young folk in with a fresh perspective of running the clubs media and that's not dig at Callum or B&W TV, with social media the club should be better at raising there profile and communicating and ingagin with fans without having to spend a lot if money.

I guarantee you’ll get some tosser just barging his way to the exit with some excuse “ive got the last bus to catch” before his section is emptied. I’m suprised we’re doing it like that as 12k and 18k at Hampden and Murrayfield weren’t emptied stand at a time, yet we’re doing it for 500 folk 😏