The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, mugen_power said:

Saoirse, Niamh, Aisling, Daire

Reminds me of that classic from years ago when the referee went to book a Dundee Utd player, asked for his name and looked helpless when the boy responded “Krivokapic”.  Maybe that’s why the names go on the back of the jerseys now!

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I bought a shite Chinese one for £20 to try it out and realised I'd rather have a big TV than a projector, sometimes that cheap shite has a place! 

Aye, well that's my fear with a cheapo Chinese one. I'd actually like to try before I buy with a projector. Get it suspended from the ceiling. I've got a nice big white wall for it.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

If it's just for a dark room in your house then I don't think it matters that much. For what it's worth mine (which does fine in office lighting) is an Optoma DLP HD141X. which eBay suggests can be had for about £300 these days.

Cheers, will look into it. The room is quite light so would need something decent. 

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Eight letters long each. I wasn't aware that racism was a recognised side-effect of alcohol.

Nothing racist was mentioned at all, I'm certain whilst under the influence many names, whatever heritage, whilst said together would be harder to say. 

And It's 7 letters long each. 

43 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If someone didn’t know how to pronounce Siobhan or Sorcha does that make them racist?

Irish people have to put up with useless anglo shites telling them that their names are difficult all the time. When it's systematic, it's bigotry. But by all means, the next time you see either Afolabi or Adeloye be sure to repeat Roxanne's Man's rip-roarer and see what the response is.

50 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

If I didn't know someone called Urquhart, I'd have no idea how to pronounce it

Is Afolabi difficult to pronounce? I'd wager the average infant could do it. |So are you thicker than the average infant?

Edited by Thumper

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Irish people have to put up with useless anglo shites telling them that their names are difficult all the time. When it's systematic, it's bigotry. But by all means, the next time you see either Afolabi or Adeloye be sure to repeat Roxanne's Man's rip-roarer and see what the response is.

^^^

download.jpeg.jpg

To be fair to Thumper there is a racist trope of mispronouncing or not trying to correctly pronounce certain names. I don't think that's what the earlier post was doing though. It was more about the alliteration making a tongue twister, I think.

Edited by Iain

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not being able to pronounce names is racist now? Be a helluva dyslexic people getting outed as racist soon enough then.

Again, the test is, if you go up to a guy with an African name and joke that you'd be unable to pronounce it after a few drinks, how would you expect it to be taken.

Let's be clear here: Ayr are going to turn up at grounds like (picking names totally randomly) East End Park and Palmerston this season, and if their two block strikers get any joy, you could put your life savings on the response they get from the home crowd. If Ayr fans are to pretend to have any sort of moral high ground here then the support needs to call out absolutely obvious examples of the same from within. And the ones that leap to defend it.

Sounds like a brilliant signing . Celtic boys at work rate him highly . We are getting there now . Perhaps Doran  will be added next week as the craic was two forward type players were inbound . High fives to the Chairman and manager for putting this group together . Still could use an Alain Horace  type in the middle of the midfield . But hey let’s not grumble .

Beers are going to be skelped tonight , just wish we were going up there tonight . If we lose it won’t be for the lack of effort from this group , however I fancy us tonight . The peacocks will be wanting to stroll around and show us their skill sets . Think they  might just be in for a shock ....

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Careful, you might get accused of something...

Out of interest  what was the brand and could you pronounce it for us?

Don't you start... 🙈

Brand was something like Vivibright or WiMius. I'll leave the pronunciation to the experts.