The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Again, the test is, if you go up to a guy with an African name and joke that you'd be unable to pronounce it after a few drinks, how would you expect it to be taken.
Let's be clear here: Ayr are going to turn up at grounds like (picking names totally randomly) East End Park and Palmerston this season, and if their two block strikers get any joy, you could put your life savings on the response they get from the home crowd. If Ayr fans are to pretend to have any sort of moral high ground here then the support needs to call out absolutely obvious examples of the same from within. And the ones that leap to defend it.

Poor show not spelling their colour correctly…

17 minutes ago, North British said:

Sounds like a brilliant signing . Celtic boys at work rate him highly . We are getting there now . Perhaps Doran  will be added next week as the craic was two forward type players were inbound . High fives to the Chairman and manager for putting this group together . Still could use an Alain Horace  type in the middle of the midfield . But hey let’s not grumble .

Beers are going to be skelped tonight , just wish we were going up there tonight . If we lose it won’t be for the lack of effort from this group , however I fancy us tonight . The peacocks will be wanting to stroll around and show us their skill sets . Think they  might just be in for a shock ....

Looking through that Killie squad, I've got to be honest and say that I've only heard of about three of them and they're certainly not the silky exciting types !!

If it's any guide at all, the bookies have Innes Cameron as favourite for the first goalscorer which wouldn't exactly fill me with fear !!!

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Where’s the Irish Messi?

Twitter feed says he's on bench but subs bench doesn't ??

I'd probably have most of the bench as starters myself.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Irish people have to put up with useless anglo shites telling them that their names are difficult all the time. When it's systematic, it's bigotry. But by all means, the next time you see either Afolabi or Adeloye be sure to repeat Roxanne's Man's rip-roarer and see what the response is.

Is Afolabi difficult to pronounce? I'd wager the average infant could do it. |So are you thicker than the average infant?

I’m sure your intentions are probably good but you do serious causes actual harm when you make a big deal out of something so trivial.

I doubt either man would give a flying f**k tbh.

I haven't watched or listened to any interviews on the signings, so actually I only know how I would pronounce them from reading them on the screen...I could be way off with inflections or hard vowels etc...

Thumper....more like Throbber, amirite? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Feel a bit underwhelmed with the starting XI at face value and then you realise that was the team that started against Hamilton. 

Strong bench as well but would've liked to have seen O'Connor involved as well. 

Cmon Ayr. 

O'Connor is listed on the bench from google sports and livescore

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m sure your intentions are probably good but you do serious causes actual harm when you make a big deal out of something so trivial.

I'll take my lectures from people who haven't shown their arses in defending bad behaviour tbh.

1 minute ago, mugen_power said:

I haven't watched or listened to any interviews on the signings, so actually I only know how I would pronounce them from reading them on the screen...I could be way off with inflections or hard vowels etc...

Do people actually realise that this "I'm dyslexic" and "I'm just a poor innocent bean that doesn't know how to look up a word" excuses wouldn't work in a high school debate, let alone a discussion among adults who have had to familiarise themselves with the quaint notion of footballers who don't have local names for the last fifty years or so?

49 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Yas. That's actually better than I'd expected.

Edited by Thumper

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Do people actually realise that this "I'm dyslexic" and "I'm just a poor innocent bean that doesn't know how to look up a word" excuses wouldn't work in a high school debate, let alone a discussion among adults who have had to familiarise themselves with the quaint notion of footballers who don't have local names for the last fifty years or so?.

Google reckons  jaa·nuh·thuhn a·fow·la·bee

So anyone pronouncing it JOH-NA-THAN is being racist

1 minute ago, mugen_power said:

Google reckons  jaa·nuh·thuhn a·fow·la·bee

So anyone pronouncing it JOH-NA-THAN is being racist

genuinely hope you try this patter with people in real life. ("Roxanne's man" rocked up to Rugby Park with an Ayr top to be signed, so was obviously looking to get his head kicked in already.)