The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Doesn’t define our season, most would have predicted a defeat tonight. That said, a more expansive attitude might have accrued a more positive result.

Kilmarnock didn’t look a cut above our “stunted” side, they’ll drop points that Hearts didn’t last season.

Felt it might have been too big a game for McKenzie & Hewitt, their time will come though.

O’Connor instantly looked comfortable, it’d be a brave decision not to start him against Arbroath and similarly, Maxwell was positive when he came on.

Early days, loads of improvement to come.

1 minute ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Doesn’t define our season, most would have predicted a defeat tonight. That said, a more expansive attitude might have accrued a more positive result.

Kilmarnock didn’t look a cut above our “stunted” side, they’ll drop points that Hearts didn’t last season.

Felt it might have been too big a game for McKenzie & Hewitt, their time will come though.

O’Connor instantly looked comfortable, it’d be a brave decision not to start him against Arbroath and similarly, Maxwell was positive when he came on.

Early days, loads of improvement to come.

Saturday home to Arbroath is also 'early days' but if we don't set up in an attacking manner and win that game comfortably then I'm writing this season off already.  Considering they pumped us 4-0 the last time we had to beat them I'm dreading it. 

Saturday home to Arbroath is also 'early days' but if we don't set up in an attacking manner and win that game comfortably then I'm writing this season off already.  Considering they pumped us 4-0 the last time we had to beat them I'm dreading it. 

I’ll take a 1-0 home win.

10 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Trust me, we will have far more comfortable games than that. We will also struggle in a lot too. That's the Championship.

Hope you are at the right end of the league when the last 2 games are played. It will maybe mean more when the result is the same. emoji6.png

I'm honestly not sure you will have easier wins than tonight.  The Championship is a competitive  league. We just didn't compete. Morton have already shown in the cup and Arbroath definitely will show more than we did. 

28 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Adeloye, hid for most of the game, put himself about but looked to win fouls more than he looked to win the ball

I don't think this is fair at all. He had fucking absolutely nothing to work with and towards the end of the first half had resorted to the truly heroic effort of pretending to be two players: winning the knock-down and pushing it out to an invisible copy of himself to run onto. He had absolutely nothing from the officials and nothing in the substitutions was made with the aim of supporting him. If I were him I'd be justifiably raging tonight. The only player bar Albinson (who admittedly had little to do except two good saves, and wasn't as commanding as Their keeper) who is categorically blameless.

Edited by Thumper

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I don't think this is fair at all. He had fucking absolutely nothing to work with and towards the end of the first half had resorted to the truly heroic effort of pretending to be two players: winning the knock-down and pushing it out to an invisible copy of himself to run onto. He had absolutely nothing from the officials and nothing in the substitutions was made with the aim of supporting him. If I were him I'd be justifiably raging tonight. The only player bar Albinson (who admittedly had little to do except two good saves, and wasn't as commanding as Their keeper) who is categorically blameless.

We had nothing to aim at when we won possession, He made very little attempt to get in front of his man that meant any clearance played forward was returned almost straight away, he stood behind hi man a lot rather than compete. If he'd won it, he'd have no support, that is fair but he could have gone off after 15 minutes and it wouldn't have made the team any worse.  

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We had nothing to aim at when we won possession, He made very little attempt to get in front of his man that meant any clearance played forward was returned almost straight away, he stood behind hi man a lot rather than compete. If he'd won it, he'd have no support, that is fair but he could have gone off after 15 minutes and it wouldn't have made the team any worse.  

He couldn't hold it up because most of the team were in another postcode and Salkeld was usually somewhere up in the stands fingering the locals. He couldn't get ahead of his mark because he was the singular focus of the linesman's attention for the entire match (including an utterly farcical situation where play was stopped because a pass not intended for him deflected right up the referee's back and ended up at his feet). If he'd gone off then I assume Hopkin would have directed the back 6 to aim their pointless punts at the seagulls instead.

Just now, flood said:

What racist song ?

Both supports in Ayrshire sing about 'black b*****ds' someone in your support can deal with that and calling us 'darkies'

I'll sort ours. 

Both supports in Ayrshire sing about 'black b*****ds' someone in your support can deal with that and calling us 'darkies'
I'll sort ours. 
I mean if the cap fits...........

But seriously you are quite fucking right, needs binned as its embarrassing trying to explain it outside the county. If we hate the shite the two Weegie arse cheeks spout we should clean this up now when we are together for the first time in how long? Sorry couldn't resist........... I'll join the McLean bandwagon on Kickback when he next has a go if you're serious as its certainly well passed its sell by date.

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I've had enough, who is going to stand against that fucking racist song and who is going to allow it to happen ever again.   Pick your side. 

Too right. It's a fucking embarrassment that it's lasted this long.

A shite night. No need to say what everyone else has but we really need to be more attack minded from now on. 

I phoned my mum after the game and she isnt much of a football fan but watched this one. The first thing she said was how biased the BBC coverage was and about the burke love in sycophancy. Cant be bothered watching the game to find out for myself if it was like that or not 

11 hours ago, Hursty said:

He hasn't featured much in group games but did come on at Ibrox yesterday.  A Livi fan on here shot that theory down a few weeks ago saying they only loan to part time clubs so they still train there full time I'm sure.  

He was out with COVID, just returning to fitness now. Him and Anderson are our starting strikers - also yep, we tend to only loan players to part time sides if we have plans for them in the future.

Could be Gavin Reilly if we end up signing this random Zambian international striker some random guy was going on about on our thread.

Edited by ATLIS

Well that was predictably underwhelming and anti-climactic 

Not sure why we decided to give them the grace of respect as if we were national league minnows going to Old Trafford to face Man Utd in the FA Cup.

But still we're a new team trying to gel with the late additions meaning there's still time to be had for them to get up to speed and integrate in with the style of play so 1st game of the season to play them was the probably the worst time possible.

On the positives the sexy man himself Daire looks to be a find and a half on early impressions plus Afalobi should be a great addition up top, but he did seem to blow hot and cold for Dundee 

These derby games were never going to be like "normal" league games this season so onwards and upwards

24 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

I mean if the cap fits...........

But seriously you are quite fucking right, needs binned as its embarrassing trying to explain it outside the county. If we hate the shite the two Weegie arse cheeks spout we should clean this up now when we are together for the first time in how long? Sorry couldn't resist........... I'll join the McLean bandwagon on Kickback when he next has a go if you're serious as its certainly well passed its sell by date.

Both clubs absolutely, I'll be taking this up with mine and campaigning on it. I hope you do too.