The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It was meant to be a couple, we even played them in a friendly at Somerset. They obviously aren't keen for whatever reason to loan players to us or we're not keen to take what they have offered if any.
Genuinely think it's more the latter, having been unable to get the ones we actually wanted

34 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

They obviously aren't keen for whatever reason to loan players to us or we're not keen to take what they have offered if any.

Assuming Burnley will have a decent idea on how we play, if you were in their shoes would you loan your best prospects to a team managed by Hopkin?

We're too "industrial" in our play for Burnley?! 😂😂

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Assuming Burnley will have a decent idea on how we play, if you were in their shoes would you loan your best prospects to a team managed by Hopkin?

We're too "industrial" in our play for Burnley?! 😂😂

I think a few of us discussed this issue previously in terms of attracting new signings and getting loan deals - I didn’t think it would be as much of an issue for Burnley, with the style they can often play - but it could be! 

A midfielder or striker would need to be desperate/oblivious to come here and play in a style that most likely isn’t getting the best out of them. 

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

Just out of curiosity as I remember it being announced at the time but how many players (I’m guessing youth players) did you get on loan from Burnley

Apparently the partnership wasn't about loan players and our fans invented the whole thing. I believe that is the club's official position 🤷‍♂️

Dundee United have flogged their left back Robson to Lincoln . They are now looking for a replacement. Been busy down our way . Might be nothing but though I’d put it on here to see if anyone knows more .....

4 minutes ago, North British said:

Dundee United have flogged their left back Robson to Lincoln . They are now looking for a replacement. Been busy down our way . Might be nothing but though I’d put it on here to see if anyone knows more .....

I don’t understand your post however they are signing Scott McMann from Hamilton as his replacement. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Seriously? Not even a mention of it at all..... we don’t even get the scraps of an AP update these days. 

Nah, no mention of players coming in. Just confirmation that the players will return to training tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nah, no mention of players coming in. Just confirmation that the players will return to training tomorrow. 

Fucks sake - pretty baffling that they don’t feel the fans are entitled to an update when there have been no signings in the past month. 

Fucks sake - pretty baffling that they don’t feel the fans are entitled to an update when there have been no signings in the past month. 

I get what you’re trying to say but what are the club supposed to say? “Sorry that we’ve been beaten by other clubs to players we tried to get in”.

It’s not common practise for a club to issue such statements no matter how depressing their transfer window has been.