The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was told he was when he signed and have never checked to see if it is true.

Having spoken to his dad at the Arbroath game I'm almost certain he isn't Peter Houston's son. Unless I'm awful at recognising people. 

Who is available for free

Hughes. East coast, does work for the SFA, left Ross County, might not want it. Won Trophies at clubs but had a mental spell at Raith. 

McCann, assuming central belt, was a bit mental at Dundee but did well at Inverness.

Lennon, guessing still in Glasgow, comes with baggage, maybe not what we need just now. Would give him a chance. 

McInnes. Originally from Greenock, 10 years in Aberdeen so who knows. Not away from Aberdeen long enough to be job hunting at our level

In work

Murphy,Carlisle based. If we trained in Glasgow it might be viable for him to be at Somerset a couple of times a week. Maybe need someone more hands on

Danny Lennon, been mediocre at Clyde. Bit of a basket case at times

if I was Smith, I’d phone Hughes and McCann today, if they aren’t interested, leak it to the VOR that they have ruled themselves out. Saves fans from wondering what is going on.

Then advertise it, have 2-3 people on the interview panel and make a joint decision. Combining it with aspects of the commercial role might not be a bad idea either. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Are you not bored of embarrassing yourself yet?

No, but I am very bored with all the childish virtue signalling paragons of virtue who are just so full of absolute shit that it's truly unbelievable.

Yourself, and the rest of your little cretins really are tiresome. If you don't want to read my posts and think my attitudes are "SOO last century", then stick me on filter as that's what it's there for.

I can assure you that I won't be changing any of my centrist views just so I don't offend a few tossers on here, make no mistake about that........

Hughes. East coast, does work for the SFA, left Ross County, might not want it. Won Trophies at clubs but had a mental spell at Raith. 
McCann, assuming central belt, was a bit mental at Dundee but did well at Inverness.
Lennon, guessing still in Glasgow, comes with baggage, maybe not what we need just now. Would give him a chance. 
McInnes. Originally from Greenock, 10 years in Aberdeen so who knows. Not away from Aberdeen long enough to be job hunting at our level
In work
Murphy,Carlisle based. If we trained in Glasgow it might be viable for him to be at Somerset a couple of times a week. Maybe need someone more hands on
if I was Smith, I’d phone Hughes and McCann today, if they aren’t interested, leak it to the VOR that they have ruled themselves out. Saves fans from wondering what is going on.
Then advertise it, have 2-3 people on the interview panel and make a joint decision. Combining it with aspects of the commercial role might not be a bad idea either. 

We can safely rule out Lennon and McInnes. The former is fairly likely to take over as Ireland boss when Stephen Kenny gets his jotters and unless McInnes is hugely desperate he won’t look our way.

I have no issue with the rest of that list though. Lennon is a bit mental as well tbh and hasn’t really done anything at of note at Clyde despite them having one of the best players in the lower leagues. I’d maybe even add in Jim McIntyre to the list although he’s apparently been close to it twice now.

I’m already buzzing to see the likes of Canning, Rice, Pressley and McKinnon come up on McBookies shortlist.

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

TBF to David Hopkin he was only at Ayr United for a short stint picking up the pieces left by Mark Kerr.

Livingston looks better on his management CV.

No need to be fair to anyone who chose to sort someone else’s mess by importing donkeys like McGinty and Salkeld who he saw in all their glory the previous year. Can only assume Martindale was in charge of signings at Livingston.

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

In work

This is pretty much where I am. Yogi or Neil McCann would be the dream appointment for me. 

The rest are all pretty meh. 

Aye there's no way you could afford Lennon or McInnes, so they're laughable shouts.  McCann isn't a manager anymore and has another career I believe.  I reckon it's Hughes' if he wants it.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Aye there's no way you could afford Lennon or McInnes, so they're laughable shouts.  McCann isn't a manager anymore and has another career I believe.  I reckon it's Hughes' if he wants it.

You willing him on us by any chance? 😂

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

You willing him on us by any chance? 😂

😉

It's just that he's a former player and somehow managed to keep a joke Ross County side up last season.  You just don't want him signing anyone.

[emoji6]
It's just that he's a former player and somehow managed to keep a joke Ross County side up last season.  You just don't want him signing anyone.

Did he do quite well at Falkirk over a longish period? Would suggest his signings there were okay but once he came to ICT and got a bigger budget after finishing 3rd he didn’t know what to do with it.

Didn’t really bother signing anyone at Ross County so can’t comment there but I know he’s flopped bad at Hibs, Raith and Hartlepool.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Did he do quite well at Falkirk over a longish period? Would suggest his signings there were okay but once he came to ICT and got a bigger budget after finishing 3rd he didn’t know what to do with it.

Didn’t really bother signing anyone at Ross County so can’t comment there but I know he’s flopped bad at Hibs, Raith and Hartlepool.

I think the year Falkirk went down, 2010, he signed guys like Lee Bullen and Burton o'Brien on crazy wages and they were utter shite.  I'm sure a Falkirk fan can elaborate.

43 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I can assure you that I won't be changing any of my centrist views just so I don't offend a few tossers on here, make no mistake about that........

Have you not got some horse paste to chug?

Edited by Thumper

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Neil Lennon & Derek McInnes 😂 😂 😂

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think the year Falkirk went down, 2010, he signed guys like Lee Bullen and Burton o'Brien on crazy wages and they were utter shite.  I'm sure a Falkirk fan can elaborate.

Was it him who signed that Spanish/Portuguese boy who turned up, was shite, spat at a youth player in a reserve game and got released? 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

I just hope we don't make the same mistake Morton did last year and run most of the season without making a appointment, not a fan of the caretaker to the end of the season guff especially when we are only 4 games in

The caretaker actually ended up with a better points per game record than the two 'real managers' on either side. All three were poor. 

If Duffy hangs around to take the job then it's as a glorified caretaker, with added experience from the late Cretaceous period. His position would be reviewed at the end of the season anyway.  

Edited by vikingTON