The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The frustrating thing about tonight is, we played on the front foot and had a bit of a go at Hamilton and faired a lot better. It’s often been the case this season but we always resort to defending our 18 yard line for the first hour. 
Defensively we were ok, McGinty actually played well. Not sure what happened at the goal, if Reading was asleep or he didn’t get a shout.

Midfield, McCallister spent the game apologising to people and looking bemused. Murdoch did a lot of work. O’Conner was ok in spells and Maxwell played well. Adeloye could have had more goals.

Moffat didn’t do much but what he did  was positive and always adds a different dimension. Duffy hasn’t had a chance to sign any players but playing Afolabi over Moffat and playing negative football is on him. 

Maxwell spoke well in his post match interview (content not quality) and he didn’t sound like a loan player. Adeloye sounded gutted. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

SACK HIM NOW!

That was absolutely pants! Duffy has to disappear. 

Can anyone remember the last time Ayr won a game!?

A league game? No.

Our last league win was against Queen of the South on the 16th of October.

What has followed has been varying degrees of shiteness.

Our last clean sheet in all competitions was on the 25th of September. Since then, 22 goals have been conceded and 9 scored.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The frustrating thing about tonight is, we played on the front foot and had a bit of a go at Hamilton and faired a lot better. It’s often been the case this season but we always resort to defending our 18 yard line for the first hour. 
Defensively we were ok, McGinty actually played well. Not sure what happened at the goal, if Reading was asleep or he didn’t get a shout.

Midfield, McCallister spent the game apologising to people and looking bemused. Murdoch did a lot of work. O’Conner was ok in spells and Maxwell played well. Adeloye could have had more goals.

Moffat didn’t do much but what he did  was positive and always adds a different dimension. Duffy hasn’t had a chance to sign any players but playing Afolabi over Moffat and playing negative football is on him. 

Maxwell spoke well in his post match interview (content not quality) and he didn’t sound like a loan player. Adeloye sounded gutted. 

That sounds like me on a night out tbh.

I don't drink anymore though.

Well done Adaloye on his goal , but the shot in the first half was harder to miss ( the one that hit the bar ) and why did he not square to the unmarked O’Connor when clean through in the 2nd half , Allbison also poor at goal  I thought  McGinty ,Reading and Maxwell all having a go at him after it went in 

Edited by Finlay21

Oh Tomi Tomi Tomi ..........

Hopefully we have quality coming in after New Year .  We are right in a fight for survival . It’s mission critical to have a better window than Accies , Morton and QoS , we simply must beat Queens next week . After that the really tough fixtures begin .....

23 minutes ago, North British said:

Oh Tomi Tomi Tomi ..........

Hopefully we have quality coming in after New Year .  We are right in a fight for survival . It’s mission critical to have a better window than Accies , Morton and QoS , we simply must beat Queens next week . After that the really tough fixtures begin .....

But we need a new manager, and a total clearout.. otherwise we’re away.

Found it strange that the TV commentators thought it was an exciting game.  Think I would have switched it off if I had been a neutral supporter.  Two poor teams that will likely be fighting to avoid the bottom places at the end of the season.   
We seemed to lose the midfield battle for long spells of the game and you always feel a mistake is about to happen in our defence.

6 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Found it strange that the TV commentators thought it was an exciting game.  Think I would have switched it off if I had been a neutral supporter.  Two poor teams that will likely be fighting to avoid the bottom places at the end of the season.   
We seemed to lose the midfield battle for long spells of the game and you always feel a mistake is about to happen in our defence.

There was plenty happening though, fluffed chances, hitting the bar etc, especially compared to the previous week with ICT v Killie.

15 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Found it strange that the TV commentators thought it was an exciting game.

I found it even stranger that Chris Iwelumo was asked his thoughts on Adeloye not scoring clear chances.

I'm sure he'd know a thing or two on that.

Tonight was better than i expected tbf, Adeloye should have scored about 4.

If we played like that every week i don't think there'd be as much heat on Duffy, but we don't... 

His job will definately be safe for another week now after tonight so hopefully he sticks with the same team for next week as it actually seemed quite balanced and be interesting if we get the same sort of performance. 

6 hours ago, Caledonian said:

I disagree that not getting John Hughes will forever haunt us. We are above Dunfermline in the league and he has still to prove himself. 

I dont even think Hughes would have managed us. As far as I'm aware I cant recall him ever managing a "west coast" club

Edited by Thereisalight..