The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

McCall is going nowhere.

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll allow it.

Just f**k off and leave McCall where he is.

Shows how decent it would be for Falkirk to land McCall... 

As much as I would like like him back at Falkirk I would genuinely feel for Ayr Utd fans... 

You guys are on a massive high just now  and quite rightly so - this would inevitably rock/kill the buzz if it becomes reality...

Football's a crazy world. 

That’s the thing. When he went to the Arabs, their owner and their support lacked any element of class. Virtually to man/woman, they basked in the reflected glory of how they could do what they wanted to a club they perceived as being smaller than they were.

Their collective attitude stank, and while the karma wheel was slow in turning, it eventually caught up with them.

If McCall ends up at Falkirk, I sincerely hope that not one molecule of the Arab arrogance creeps its way into our attitudes towards it all.

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s the thing. When he went to the Arabs, their owner and their support lacked any element of class. Virtually to man/woman, they basked in the reflected glory of how they could do what they wanted to a club they perceived as being smaller than they were.

Their collective attitude stank, and while the karma wheel was slow in turning, it eventually caught up with them.

If McCall ends up at Falkirk, I sincerely hope that not one molecule of the Arab arrogance creeps its way into our attitudes towards it all.

I do hope so to mate... There's nothing to be gained from it...

and let's be honest if he makes the switch he has a huge task on his hands with Ayr Utd being one of many teams in this league that look stronger than us and already with a head start on us 

Edited by Cheeringmango
Typo

The stark facts is that Ayr are currently a better run club, with a better management structure, and a far better team.

The extent of the swing in fortunes required to reverse that within a season already well underway is probably too great.

The sobering thought is that even with a new manager, we will still have the same players. Even extracting a big improvement in performances isn’t going to turn these guys into title contenders. We might have a realistic first team squad of around 15 players, and three of them are goalies.

I really hope it's just speculation and would be surprised otherwise. Given he has talked Shankland and Crawford into staying with offers from bigger clubs, it would be hypocritical of him to leave for Falkirk. 

Edited by Honest_Ally

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really?

I’d expect a younger manager. Mark Kerr if he didn’t go with McCall to be in the running.

A cheap option then? Employ with within. 

Need an experienced manager to keep us in this division. 

I really hope it's just speculation and would be surprised otherwise. Given he has talked Shankland and Crawford into staying with offers from bigger clubs, it would be hypocritical of him to leave for Falkirk. 
Ian McCall has only ever been out for himself. If he gets offered more money at Falkirk he'll jump at the chance.

Football is bonkers so I would rule nothing out completely, but McCall is not bonkers and just can't see a compelling story that would mean he would want to leave Ayr Utd now of all times. He will leave, probably unexpectedly, at some point but would be flabbergasted if it was now and for Falkirk.

Bookies odds mean nothing - remember McCall was absolutely nowhere on the bookies odds when he  took the Ayr job. 

As for not denying rumours, if you jump in with a statement upon every bit of speculation then you have to keep doing that or the one time you don't then everyone makes 2+2=5. Smart guys in the public eye need to pick and choose what and when they speak to the press and sometimes less is more. McCall seems to likes to present the calm professional face of the Club in interviews so I suspect he knows what he is doing in handling the media.

Re his contract, I have a vague recollection he was working without a fixed term contract a while back, and it was portrayed as giving Cameron the freedom to get rid of him for nothing if ever it all went wrong (and obviously works both ways). Would be surprised if he is not retained on a fixed term contract as we speak but it's perfectly possible legally that he is working on a week to week or month to month basis like any other Club employee with a standard employment contract with standard notice periods.   

This is McCall' time to prove to himself whether he's grown or whether he's a c**t, nowt to do with crowds,budgets blah blah blah and all about where he is as a person in 2018.

This is McCall' time to prove to himself whether he's grown or whether he's a c**t, nowt to do with crowds,budgets blah blah blah and all about where he is as a person in 2018.

On top of this he would have to be a mentalist to take the Falkirk job. Transfer window will be closed, by all accounts the Falkirk side is rancid - he could be sacked before the season is out.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

On top of this he would have to be a mentalist to take the Falkirk job. Transfer window will be closed, by all accounts the Falkirk side is rancid - he could be sacked before the season is out.

And he could transform them just the same, this is more about where he is as a person.

Lets face it McCall has been our best manager since Ally. It would be devasting if he were to go as he has turned a shambles of a club on the brink of league 2 football into a full time and professionally run outfit with a good youth set up and has created a team worth watching playing an exciting brand of football.  I think he has unfinished business at Ayr and that he has no intention of jumping ship. 

Falkirk have a better average attendance and real potential but they are in a mess at present and we are flying so he will keep repaying big Lachlan for giving him the opprtunity to get back into football.

16 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

Lets face it McCall has been our best manager since Ally. It would be devasting if he were to go as he has turned a shambles of a club on the brink of league 2 football into a full time and professionally run outfit with a good youth set up and has created a team worth watching playing an exciting brand of football.  I think he has unfinished business at Ayr and that he has no intention of jumping ship. 

Falkirk have a better average attendance and real potential but they are in a mess at present and we are flying so he will keep repaying big Lachlan for giving him the opprtunity to get back into football.

I wish everyone including McCall would stop churning this shite out all the time, it's time for McCall to decide whether he's staying at Ayr because he wants to be at Ayr, you're a long time dead.

My only reason for thinking he could potentially move to Falkirk is the fact Ayr are up for sale and someone MAY come in now we are on an upwards trend and then McCalls loyalty to Lachlan would mean nothing , hope it does not happen though and feel it’s McIntyres job to turn down