The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was the same last week against Morton. It’s not exactly brilliant football but it gets us up the pitch in a far more effective way that just punting it.

Aye, like he realised we had zero going forward and took it on himself - he just isn’t the most composed when he takes it out but by driving out he is obviously creating space for others. It is one of the key things I want to see from new signings at centre half for next season. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was the same last week against Morton. It’s not exactly brilliant football but it gets us up the pitch in a far more effective way that just punting it.

Prior to the introduction of Adeloye, I seriously thought that McGinty was our biggest attacking threat and he actually won us a couple of corners with his rampaging runs forward.

Just watched the goal back on Black and White TV, what a strike. Unstoppable. But then I watched Bullen's interview... I don't know what game he was watching, as he commented on how he was "impressed with how we moved the ball through the thirds"... We did that a few times yes, but it was hoofball from defence to Bryden/Adeloye for the vast majority.

I'd absolutely love it if we could secure McInroy for a couple years. He'll have plenty of offers coming his way for sure.

46 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Incidentally Houston is possibly the worst RB I've ever seen at the club, he can't defend, he can't attack, his crossing is woeful and his positional sense is shocking. 

100% this. I really don't understand how he has a contract for next season. He does nothing well really. He has gone backwards since we signed him.

11 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Just watched the goal back on Black and White TV, what a strike. Unstoppable. But then I watched Bullen's interview... I don't know what game he was watching, as he commented on how he was "impressed with how we moved the ball through the thirds"... We did that a few times yes, but it was hoofball from defence to Bryden/Adeloye for the vast majority.

I'd absolutely love it if we could secure McInroy for a couple years. He'll have plenty of offers coming his way for sure.

The wee clip the club put up on Twitter/Facebook actually doesn’t do it justice - so much better in the highlights. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Only highlight worth watching, even better strike when you see he didn't have a clear run to it and had to pause a second and adjust himself before hitting it

It reminds me of countless goals Stevo scored for us. We haven’t had many players as good as Mcinroy recently . 

Hope he is happy here and signs on for next season too

Edited by ryanayr1987

Clearly a foul for the Hamilton goal and the only other decent chance they had was the bad back pass that Ayr recovered quickly. Hard to argue Ayr deserved to lose the game. 

As good as the strike by McInroy was, the cushioned header to set it up and the pick by Moffat were great as well. Hopefully a moment to build on. 

27 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's the little things with Moff you don't appreciate at first viewing, his awareness, like how he just nudges the defender out the way to allow McInroy to hit it and have the path of his shot unobstructed

100%. Whilst Moffat can't play a full 90 minutes every week he can contribute considerably more than some of the ever presents imo. Moffat's game intelligence and technical ability is better than anyone else in the squad.

He's been my favourite player over the years and truly is a legend. When he does hang up his boots he needs a proper send off. A phenomenal player for us.

17 minutes ago, Iain said:

Clearly a foul for the Hamilton goal and the only other decent chance they had was the bad back pass that Ayr recovered quickly. Hard to argue Ayr deserved to lose the game. 

As good as the strike by McInroy was, the cushioned header to set it up and the pick by Moffat were great as well. Hopefully a moment to build on. 

Can’t agree with that. Just looks like a shoulder challenge and Houston collapses to the floor.

Not as embarrassing as the one against Arbroath that he inexplicably got a free kick for but it’s awful defending.

Powder puff stuff from Houston for the goal but I’d have Aero equally culpable - he had enough time to close him down but didn’t get anywhere near him or put him under any pressure for the shot. He also has a woeful header that put us under pressure just after in the highlights - can imagine the stream of invective if it had been McGinty. I’d have Muirhead out the door long before McGinty personally.

Great strike from McInroy. There’s a feel of Super about him although they’re different sorts of player - maybe it’s the Celtic connection. We need to be busting a gut to get him to sign on longer term. A player of the year contender which says it all about most of the rest of this squad.

Wish the highlights had shown the rammy after the final whistle. Proper wee guy energy from Andy Ryan.

Was proper playing to the away fans last night by very obviously standing offside and then throwing a strop every time the linesman put his flag up.

After seeing the highlights I forgot how bad Accies actually were. We 100% deserved at least a point last night. We weren’t great but we had far better chances and had to play against the worst team for time wasting in the league.

Ahh, McGinty at the equaliser getting it up Moyo was what prompted the tantrum - what a guy!

Good to see the SRE back on the hating Tomi bandwagon - bunch of thick c***s. They deserve to watch a team of people “playing for the badge” just to see how truly shite it would be.