The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Let's not forget Jim 'going through the motions' Duffy. Spouting his football clichés and generally not giving a flying f**k. He's just as bad as Hopkin as far as I'm concerned. Two of the worst managers in our history in one season. It's quite something that our league future is in our own hands given the collective binfire that Hopkin started and Duffy chucked fuel on.

Both of them made me wish Kerr was still in charge. And I wanted Kerr gone at the time.

For all his faults, I doubt Kerr would have signed as much garbage as Hopkin did.

21 minutes ago, Butatwhatcost7 said:

So that's where he ran off to....

Give him an end of season award for absolute commitment to shithousing. Some pace on him too!

Did anyone else notice the McAdams celebration btw? Full on knee slide out at the half way line - beautiful stuff. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Ahh, McGinty at the equaliser getting it up Moyo was what prompted the tantrum - what a guy!

Good to see the SRE back on the hating Tomi bandwagon - bunch of thick c***s. They deserve to watch a team of people “playing for the badge” just to see how truly shite it would be. 

It's genuinely painful when you read some of the comments on there. The Tomi stuff is dreadful.

I was honestly waiting for the first post on there where someone questioned Bryden playing so much. I'm surprised it took so long in a way, but then again I suspect that's because he was always going to receive a fierce defence from his pals on the SRE.

Trying hard, running a lot and playing for the badge. Yep, that'll serve us well. In fairness he was decent last night when moved out wide, looks much better there but as a centre forward, he's a million miles away because he gets swotted away by central defenders so easily and the most crucial problem is that he offers absolutely nothing whatsoever in terms of being a goal threat and that's kind of a problem when you are played as a sole striker. He's only 17 years old, and I am more annoyed at Bullen for throwing him in the deep end given the dire position we are in. It's a hell of a weight to put on the kid's shoulders. The whole "He had no option because Tomi is injured and Ashford suspended" reason doesn't wash with me. You find another system/set up/way.

1 minute ago, Calayrdonia said:

It's genuinely painful when you read some of the comments on there. The Tomi stuff is dreadful.

I was honestly waiting for the first post on there where someone questioned Bryden playing so much. I'm surprised it took so long in a way, but then again I suspect that's because he was always going to receive a fierce defence from his pals on the SRE.

Trying hard, running a lot and playing for the badge. Yep, that'll serve us well. In fairness he was decent last night when moved out wide, looks much better there but as a centre forward, he's a million miles away because he gets swotted away by central defenders so easily and the most crucial problem is that he offers absolutely nothing whatsoever in terms of being a goal threat and that's kind of a problem when you are played as a sole striker. He's only 17 years old, and I am more annoyed at Bullen for throwing him in the deep end given the dire position we are in. It's a hell of a weight to put on the kid's shoulders. The whole "He had no option because Tomi is injured and Ashford suspended" reason doesn't wash with me. You find another system/set up/way.

I completely agree with you - Bullen had other options as opposed to just chucking Bryden up front himself. I’m happy to see him getting game time, whether that’s out wide or off a striker - but as a starting lone striker it is far too much. Though I would caveat that by saying I think it should be off the bench when our strongest side is available (and after Tomi/Ashford/O’Connor as impact subs if they are on the bench) He did look better out wide when he had a bit of space to run into, and that is definitely something that’s worth a try at times.

Our style of play makes it so difficult for strikers in our side as well, Moffat and Tomi received the ball to feel about twice between them. 

1 hour ago, North British said:

Bryden is 17 years old and leading the line in the Championship. That’s a huge ask for the player and to be fair he’s making a decent first of it . I’d say he’s definitely one for the future , that big frame will fill out in the next few years . The question is what to do with him in the summer when the panic is over and things settle down a bit . Do we keep him in the pool as an under study to Ashford or does he go out on loan to get games ? If he goes out we are looking at three strikers coming in , hopefully one is Tomi .

He was better last night than he has been and did some good things, is well worth his place at the club.

The type of player he is though, he’s not what we need right now but he is who we have got. McKenzie, Ashford and Moffat all do that role, we have 4 non-goal scoring forwards at the club who create very little (apart from Moffat who barely plays) and run about a lot. They bring the midfield up the park, sometimes the full backs as well but it is the next stage we fail at. Maxwell is a hugely frustrating player, gets in to good positions but takes an extra touch and loses it or his final ball is poor. McInroy also struggles to complete any link up play around the box, both players look to be on the way out of their clubs and that is probably why. They are good players that haven’t developed enough to make it at their parent clubs. 

Adeloye could score 20 a season easily, we need Ashford, McKenzie, Maxwell, Moffat or Bryden to be chipping in with 10 each depending on the preferred team. At the moment you’d be lucky if they had 10 between them. 

O’Conner on the left was a breath of fresh air but we had bugger all down the right to stretch Hamilton and create space for Adeloye or Bryden, the midfield were crowded out around the box as well. 
we have been like that all season and Bullen doesn’t look like he wants to change it 

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was better last night than he has been and did some good things, is well worth his place at the club.

The type of player he is though, he’s not what we need right now but he is who we have got. McKenzie, Ashford and Moffat all do that role, we have 4 non-goal scoring forwards at the club who create very little (apart from Moffat who barely plays) and run about a lot. They bring the midfield up the park, sometimes the full backs as well but it is the next stage we fail at. Maxwell is a hugely frustrating player, gets in to good positions but takes an extra touch and loses it or his final ball is poor. McInroy also struggles to complete any link up play around the box, both players look to be on the way out of their clubs and that is probably why. They are good players that haven’t developed enough to make it at their parent clubs. 

Adeloye could score 20 a season easily, we need Ashford, McKenzie, Maxwell, Moffat or Bryden to be chipping in with 10 each depending on the preferred team. At the moment you’d be lucky if they had 10 between them. 

O’Conner on the left was a breath of fresh air but we had bugger all down the right to stretch Hamilton and create space for Adeloye or Bryden, the midfield were crowded out around the box as well. 
we have been like that all season and Bullen doesn’t look like he wants to change it 

If we can get that win that’s been eluding us next Saturday against Inverness that should be us safe perhaps . At that point we can change focus onto who will be coming in in the summer  . People in the Hub last night were saying that players are lined up , just a question of our league status . If we can retain Maxwell , Dempsey , McInroy and Adeloye that would be superb . We would as you say still need a second goal score to either cover Tomi or play along side him . A centre half that could bang in five or six a season would be useful as well .  

Give him an end of season award for absolute commitment to shithousing. Some pace on him too!
Did anyone else notice the McAdams celebration btw? Full on knee slide out at the half way line - beautiful stuff. 

Brydens celebrations as well. You can tell how much he loves being involved in stuff like that. In fairness to him, he had a tough night playing a bit isolated but he should be credited with the assist for McInroys goal.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Brydens celebrations as well. You can tell how much he loves being involved in stuff like that. In fairness to him, he had a tough night playing a bit isolated but he should be credited with the assist for McInroys goal.

Yeah - enjoyed that too, though didn’t see it at the time!

He definitely should, I would have liked to have seen him get more game time out wide. It was a bit strange from Bullen to move him back in. 

Fair play to Bryden he's living out most of our dreams by going from the stand to playing for his team, he's really raw just now and it's really unfair to ask him to score the goals to keep us up thought he was decent when moved wide in the second half and offered more than McKenzie did on the other side, if we stay up I think a loan move to maybe Stranraer or Annan in January would do him good but I think Bullen will keep him as he sees something in him.

Probably a bit premature given we don’t even know what division we’re going to be in however I’m bored with no football on a Saturday and my list is regardless of if we’re a championship or league 1 club. What’s everyone’s Keep/Punt list? 

Signed up:

Aidan McAdams- Happy to have him as our Number 1 next season. I’m sure everyone on here knows how much I rate him. 

Jordan Houston- Beyond me why we have given him a new deal but here we go. A league 1 player at best imo and I’d hope he is back up next season. 

Sean McGinty- Likewise, I hope he is nothing more than 3rd or 4th choice next year.

Nicholas McAllister- Hoping he’s having a successful loan spell at Clyde and he can push on next season and fight for a starting spot. 

Finn Ecrepont- Hope to see him make more of an impact next season or get him out on loan for 1st half of it.

Michael Hewitt- I think he is signed up? Regardless if he isn’t I’d be looking to get him signed up. Good to have him back on the bench last night. 

Ryan  Gondoh- Hes signed up but clearly not fancied by Bullen. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on. 

Paul Smith- Similar to Finn if he isn’t going to be involved next season I’d look at getting him loaned out for 1st part. 

Mark McKenzie- Signed up for next season but wouldn’t really want him being a starter. Plenty of workload but not sure he’s up to this level.

Fraser Bryden- Again similar to Finn and Paul I’d look at getting him loaned out for 1st part of next season. 

Sam Ashford- Seen different reports on what sort of deal he’s on. Seen it mentioned that he’s on a 6 month deal but also seen from other sources and 18 month deal. Regardless I’d be looking at keeping him.

Keep: 

Charlie Albinson- Happy enough to have him stick about next season as back up. I suspect he may want to go back down south and find a club where he will be a starter. 

Paddy Reading- Really like Paddy and hope he sticks about next season.

Aaron Muirhead- Was a bit on the fence about Aaron but given his experience I’d like to see him stay however not as a starter. Wouldn’t be overly fussed if he went to Thistle with McCall.

James Maxwell- Would love to see us get James on a permanent deal or another loan from Rangers. Whether that’s viable remains to be seen.

Andy Murdoch- Feel like he’s getting back to pre injury form at long last and would love him to stay. Suspect Mr McCall may throw him a deal.

Ben Dempsey- He’s on loan from Charlton but we apparently have an option to buy. I’d definitely be keen on looking into this as long as it doesn’t break the bank. 

Kerr McInroy- Sign him at all costs.

Tomi Adeloye- He gets unfairly criticised by a section of our support however he’s our top goal scorer by far. Hope he stays next season as I’d genuinely be interested to see how he does in a more successful team.

Punt:

Jack Baird

Markus Fjortoft

Michael Miller 

Blaine Rowe- Really not seen enough to judge tbh. 

Daire O’Connor

Alex Kenyon

Michael Moffat- Join the coaching team on a FT basis. Testimonial incoming. 

Hope I’ve not missed anyone. 

Probably a bit premature given we don’t even know what division we’re going to be in however I’m bored with no football on a Saturday and my list is regardless of if we’re a championship or league 1 club. What’s everyone’s Keep/Punt list? 

Signed up:
Aidan McAdams- Happy to have him as our Number 1 next season. I’m sure everyone on here knows how much I rate him. 
Jordan Houston- Beyond me why we have given him a new deal but here we go. A league 1 player at best imo and I’d hope he is back up next season. 
Sean McGinty- Likewise, I hope he is nothing more than 3rd or 4th choice next year.
Nicholas McAllister- Hoping he’s having a successful loan spell at Clyde and he can push on next season and fight for a starting spot. 
Finn Ecrepont- Hope to see him make more of an impact next season or get him out on loan for 1st half of it.
Michael Hewitt- I think he is signed up? Regardless if he isn’t I’d be looking to get him signed up. Good to have him back on the bench last night. 
Ryan  Gondoh- Hes signed up but clearly not fancied by Bullen. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on. 

Paul Smith- Similar to Finn if he isn’t going to be involved next season I’d look at getting him loaned out for 1st part. 
Mark McKenzie- Signed up for next season but wouldn’t really want him being a starter. Plenty of workload but not sure he’s up to this level.
Fraser Bryden- Again similar to Finn and Paul I’d look at getting him loaned out for 1st part of next season. 
Sam Ashford- Seen different reports on what sort of deal he’s on. Seen it mentioned that he’s on a 6 month deal but also seen from other sources and 18 month deal. Regardless I’d be looking at keeping him.

Keep: 
Charlie Albinson- Happy enough to have him stick about next season as back up. I suspect he may want to go back down south and find a club where he will be a starter. 

Paddy Reading- Really like Paddy and hope he sticks about next season.
Aaron Muirhead- Was a bit on the fence about Aaron but given his experience I’d like to see him stay however not as a starter. Wouldn’t be overly fussed if he went to Thistle with McCall.
James Maxwell- Would love to see us get James on a permanent deal or another loan from Rangers. Whether that’s viable remains to be seen.
Andy Murdoch- Feel like he’s getting back to pre injury form at long last and would love him to stay. Suspect Mr McCall may throw him a deal.
Ben Dempsey- He’s on loan from Charlton but we apparently have an option to buy. I’d definitely be keen on looking into this as long as it doesn’t break the bank. 

Kerr McInroy- Sign him at all costs.
Tomi Adeloye- He gets unfairly criticised by a section of our support however he’s our top goal scorer by far. Hope he stays next season as I’d genuinely be interested to see how he does in a more successful team.
Punt:
Jack Baird
Markus Fjortoft
Michael Miller 
Blaine Rowe- Really not seen enough to judge tbh. 
Daire O’Connor
Alex Kenyon
Michael Moffat- Join the coaching team on a FT basis. Testimonial incoming. 
Hope I’ve not missed anyone. 

Agree with all this apart from Maxwell, Muirhead and Kenyon. Maxwell is decent but I don’t think there’s any point in keeping him if we aren’t going to play him at LB. If Reading was leave then maybe but I’m not fussed either way. Aero isn’t great tbh and I’d be happy if he went elsewhere. For an experienced player he shirks responsibility and the amount of shite passes he gives Houston and other players that ends up putting them under pressure is infuriating.

Kenyon looked good against Morton. Doesn’t do much with the ball but he can keep it tidy and off the ball he won us possession quite a lot. I don’t think he’d play every week but I’d like to see more of him.

Don't think we need to be signing any more young players for next season anyway, fairly stacked in that department atm. Our average squad age must be pretty low.

McAdams, Dempse, Mcinroy, Tomi you've got the spine of a strong team. The defence I wouldn't be too bothered if they all went, maybe not Paddy.

We need to be ruthless this summer.

Keep: Adeloye, Dempsey, McInroy, Murdoch, Ashford, McAdams. 

On the fence: Maxwell, Reading

The rest can get in the sea. I'm fucking sick of them.

I should say I'd retain the home grown talent: Bryden, Hewitt, Smith, Ecrepont, McKenzie. Although I'd be looking to loan most of them out so they get games every week.

As for Moffat he can do what he wants. If he wants to be a coach or play we should make it happen. I'd give him the freedom of South Ayrshire/Ayr if that's even a thing.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We need to be ruthless this summer.

Keep: Adeloye, Dempsey, McInroy, Murdoch, Ashford, McAdams. 

On the fence: Maxwell, Reading

The rest can get in the sea. I'm fucking sick of them.

I should say I'd retain the home grown talent: Bryden, Hewitt, Smith, Ecrepont, McKenzie. Although I'd be looking to loan most of them out so they get games every week.

As for Moffat he can do what he wants. If he wants to be a coach or play we should make it happen. I'd give him the freedom of South Ayrshire/Ayr if that's even a thing.

Reading is a must keep for me - he can be inconsistent but in the right team I think he will continue to come on. I think there is more to come from him going forward in a decent side too. I also think it is easy to forget just how young Maxwell actually is - he has only just turned twenty. Ultimately it depends which position he wants to play, but he can fill in well in a number of positions. Five goals in thirty appearances isn’t a bad return - given his age it isn’t unrealistic to think he can markedly improve his consistency and final ball. 

If we’re looking a potential line up for next season then I’d hope we can line up like this. A lot depends on keeping guys we’ve got and getting the right new signings in.

McAdams

New RB
New CB
New CB
Reading

Dempsey
Murdoch
McInroy

New RW
Adeloye
New LW

A new back line is pretty much required even if we have Houston and McGinty signed up. There’s a player in there with Houston but his confidence is shot to bits and I think he could do with taking a step back and working his way back into the team. I really wouldn’t be against us signing an out and out defensive RB to allow Reading more freedom to attack on the left.

If we can keep Adeloye, Dempsey, Murdoch, McAdams, McInroy, Ashford, Maxwell and Redding I'd be delighted.

The rest of the senior players I'm not fussed about some more than others the likes of Muirhead, Houston I'd be okay if they stay but were back up to new signings, guys like O'connor, Gondo, Kenyon we have just not seem enough of to justify staying.

The young guys like Brydon, Hewitt ecrepoint Smith will hopefully get loans to try and develop.

Let's hope Bullen, Mathie and Glendinning have been working hard identifying the quality we need to be looking at trying to get into the top 4 and not fighting relegation for a 3rd season on the trot.

We have seen a very small improvement in the team and Bullen since he took over.

We can’t become (or continue to be) another team that just fucks up constantly like Falkirk. Hopkin managed to keep us up last year by circumstance rather than ability and it gave him the chance to build over the summer. A chance that he took with both hands, before dropping and then smashing it to shit.

We can’t do the same again this year, Bullen has more support and a recruitment team to help him should we stay up. It’s what is happening on the park that is the problem. We have a better squad than a couple of teams above us on paper, like Dunfermline have. We need to change to suit the players or sign players to suit the way we play.