The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm not getting this at all.
Dipo was undoubtedly the best player on the pitch last night, Yes, he hit the bar, Yes, he hit the post, and Yes, he had shots saved and cleared off the line, however he made most of them for himself, he held the ball up brilliantly and brought others into the game and he worked tirelessly closing down the opposition defenders and also making runs into space.
This guy WILL be a star, trust me.
Most of the folk around me last night in the NT agreed with this and I even heard a few saying he was a major upgrade on Tomi and I honestly wouldn't disagree.
JML also looked classy when he came on and once up to full match sharpness will be another major asset.

You cannot categorically say that Akinyemi will work out for us. It doesn’t work that way. You can’t wish a player into being a great player.

He was decent last night but I think every single shot he took bar two was straight into Currie. That’s not unlucky or a great goalie that’s just shite finishing. He might come good but I think at the end of the season it’ll be a case of us talking about all the chances he missed as opposed to the ones he put away. A wee bit like Adeloye in that respect. I don’t think he’s anything like an upgrade. Not yet anyway.

Mitchell-Lawson looked quick and direct but again it’s far too early to say whether he’ll be any good. Had probably the worst miss of the game with the one he just had to toe poke either side of Currie and instead put it right over him.

I think I’d say Reading and Murdoch were our only standouts for the right reasons. Kirk will be fine at this level but will undoubtedly give goals away due to his age and the way he likes to play. Musonda as well. Both very good footballers and it might end up we play them together in a back four.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You cannot categorically say that Akinyemi will work out for us. It doesn’t work that way. You can’t wish a player into being a great player.

He was decent last night but I think every single shot he took bar two was straight into Currie. That’s not unlucky or a great goalie that’s just shite finishing. He might come good but I think at the end of the season it’ll be a case of us talking about all the chances he missed as opposed to the ones he put away. A wee bit like Adeloye in that respect. I don’t think he’s anything like an upgrade. Not yet anyway.

Mitchell-Lawson looked quick and direct but again it’s far too early to say whether he’ll be any good. Had probably the worst miss of the game with the one he just had to toe poke either side of Currie and instead put it right over him.

I think I’d say Reading and Murdoch were our only standouts for the right reasons. Kirk will be fine at this level but will undoubtedly give goals away due to his age and the way he likes to play. Musonda as well. Both very good footballers and it might end up we play them together in a back four.

It's only my opinion and you may be right, but I have a very good feeling about both Dipo and JML so let's hope I'm right.

That said, we definitely need a playmaker in the middle of the park and another striker / partner up top for Dipo which could prove very fruitful.

I thought Akinyemi was poor yesterday and Saturday particularly in front of good. He’s quite clearly quite quick and can get away from defenders but doesn’t look great in front of goal. I’m hoping one he gets one he’ll get a bit of confidence but I’m not convinced. 

Dipo Akinyemi has a far better touch than Tomi and looks much more likely to bring others in to play - he was desperately unlucky last night with his chances, on another day he might have had a hat-trick. I do think we're all looking at Tomi through rose coloured glasses as he had plenty of games for us when he was completely anonymous - his work rate was also inferior to Akinyemi's. 

I would be looking at going with a 4-4-2 on Tuesday, perhaps something along the lines of the below. Not totally sure about the midfield but if we can't beat Annan like that then we never will.

Albinson

McAllister - Musonda - McGinty - Reading

JML - Murdoch - Dempsey - O'Connor

Ashford - Dipo

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Dipo Akinyemi has a far better touch than Tomi and looks much more likely to bring others in to play - he was desperately unlucky last night with his chances, on another day he might have had a hat-trick. I do think we're all looking at Tomi through rose coloured glasses as he had plenty of games for us when he was completely anonymous - his work rate was also inferior to Akinyemi's. 

I would be looking at going with a 4-4-2 on Tuesday, perhaps something along the lines of the below. Not totally sure about the midfield but if we can't beat Annan like that then we never will.

Albinson

McAllister - Musonda - McGinty - Reading

JML - Murdoch - Dempsey - O'Connor

Ashford - Dipo

Switch McAllister for Hewitt and I’d be happy with that. 

I'm not getting this at all.
Dipo was undoubtedly the best player on the pitch last night, Yes, he hit the bar, Yes, he hit the post, and Yes, he had shots saved and cleared off the line, however he made most of them for himself, he held the ball up brilliantly and brought others into the game and he worked tirelessly closing down the opposition defenders and also making runs into space.
This guy WILL be a star, trust me.
Most of the folk around me last night in the NT agreed with this and I even heard a few saying he was a major upgrade on Tomi and I honestly wouldn't disagree.
JML also looked classy when he came on and once up to full match sharpness will be another major asset.
I was asking a genuine question.

I've not seen the guy play as I've not attended any games or watched the highlights.

It's nice to hear someone being reasonably positive. By f**k we need it.

Btw is Saturday an open day? Do we need a ticket? I've got my kids so might head through for the day if it looks good.

The highlights are on YouTube, thanks to @wuffster.

1st goal - Reading caught napping and then Kirk fails to make an interception - far too easy. 

2nd and 3rd goal we are far too casual at letting QoS pass it about, zero pressure on the ball and we get picked off. McAdams should do better with the cross but it should never be allowed to get to that stage in the first place and both Musonda and McGinty got absolutely ripped for the third. Todd and Paton ran the show in midfield.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I was asking a genuine question.

I've not seen the guy play as I've not attended any games or watched the highlights.

It's nice to hear someone being reasonably positive. By f**k we need it.

Btw is Saturday an open day? Do we need a ticket? I've got my kids so might head through for the day if it looks good.

No tickets required free entry , starts at 12 finishes at 4, lots of activities taking place, looking at the itinerary it’s got the makings of a good fun day as it involves , basketball, rugby , athletics  and bowling not just your show up and meet the players although that is still a big part of the day 

35 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

You've seen Dipo play in 2 games relative to Tomi having featured in 37 games last season.

The sample size is too small to back up your assertions on touch, bringing overs in and workrate. In short it's too early to tell.

I hope you are right that Dipo can exceed what Tomi did last season. If he can't, we could well be fucked dependent on other signings.

Edited by Trogdor
Predictive text turned workrate into workmate!

I think you can tell from 5 minutes which player has a better touch surely? I liked Tomi but i can safely say Dipo has a far better touch. Whether he can get over 15 goals, only time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I think you can tell from 5 minutes which player has a better touch surely? I liked Tomi but i can safely say Dipo has a far better touch. Whether he can get over 15 goals, only time will tell. 

I've seen enough players for Ayr look like a world beater only to descend to utter dross. Anthony 'Meringue' Marenghi being an obvious example but there are many more.

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

To get fair I also thought his touch was better than Tomis. 

as a whole, the result yesterday was honkin yes but I believe that once we get that first goal the we will be looking stronger with every game that we play. There was a massive difference between the Elgin game to QOS game so hopefully we can get it right the 3rd time round. 

I think the starting 11 was probably the strongest we have minus JML. 

Keep the head guys things can only get better 

40 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

The highlights are on YouTube, thanks to @wuffster.

1st goal - Reading caught napping and then Kirk fails to make an interception - far too easy. 

2nd and 3rd goal we are far too casual at letting QoS pass it about, zero pressure on the ball and we get picked off. McAdams should do better with the cross but it should never be allowed to get to that stage in the first place and both Musonda and McGinty got absolutely ripped for the third. Todd and Paton ran the show in midfield.

Didn't remember the first being that bad at the time, proper schoolboy stuff all round.

Is this the restore-a-roof melter that wanted to buy us? It seems he's shafted a few clubs for sponsorship money. Absolute weapon.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scots-football-sponsor-hugh-clarke-27464386.amp

Edit - Also doesn't bother paying his employees either. 🤬

Edited by Trogdor

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is this the restore-a-roof melter that wanted to buy us? It seems he's shafted a few clubs for sponsorship money. Absolute weapon.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scots-football-sponsor-hugh-clarke-27464386.amp

The very same, You could criticise Lachlan Cameron for a lot of things but thank Christ he never got involved with this chancer. 

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm sure I saw he tried to buy a junior team last week as well. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

No tickets required free entry , starts at 12 finishes at 4, lots of activities taking place, looking at the itinerary it’s got the makings of a good fun day as it involves , basketball, rugby , athletics  and bowling not just your show up and meet the players although that is still a big part of the day 

Is there a set time to meet the players? I'm taking my cousins kids along and dont want to be hanging around for 4 hours waiting on them getting autographs and selfies 😂

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is there a set time to meet the players? I'm taking my cousins kids along and dont want to be hanging around for 4 hours waiting on them getting autographs and selfies 😂

I believe there is a player hunt that starts soon after the opening but also believe players will be available at all times throughout the day for photos, shirt signings and autographs