The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 hours ago, rb123! said:

Do we not have anyone in the reserves who can play CB which would at least put McAllister out to his more natural position of RB?

McCalister might believe he is a right back but he's shown no evidence of it in any performance.

Does anyone know why we don't have 3pm Boxing day fixtures on the 26th or 27th ?

It seems strange as I'm sure the crowds were always good at this time of the year when we had them in the past ??

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

What happened?

A drunk guy in the SRE, presumably an Ayr fan, was having a go at the folk around him for not singing seemingly and trying to start some kind of argument for basically the whole first half.  He seemed to have a particular issue with the Ragazzi for some reason.  One of the weirdest incidents I've seen at an Ayr game actually.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

A drunk guy in the SRE, presumably an Ayr fan, was having a go at the folk around him for not singing seemingly and trying to start some kind of argument for basically the whole first half.  He seemed to have a particular issue with the Ragazzi for some reason.  One of the weirdest incidents I've seen at an Ayr game actually.

Unpopular opinion but if you want to sing then stay at home and fling Singstar on the old PS2. I don't go to football matches to sing.

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

Were they singing?

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unpopular opinion but if you want to sing then stay at home and fling Singstar on the old PS2. I don't go to football matches to sing.

When I was younger I'd have disagreed wholeheartedly, but now I'm a bit older, I agree to an extent.

Having said that, I still enjoy the atmosphere in the SRE.  During the Hopkin/Duffy era it was quite flat most of the time, but since Bully arrived it's definitely improved.  The Ragazzi obviously play an integral part.

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Were they singing?

Aye, but it was more like screaming in an attempt to get songs going.  The Ragazzi were doing their usual thing as well, so I don't get what the point of it all was.

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I think this is a case of Houston getting better because he's not been playing, however the reality is that he's only had a handful of decent to good games over the course of the past 2 seasons.

I agree that Reading has been terrible the past couple of Months, however I can't see anyone seriously arguing that Hosuton has been consistently better than Reading over the past 2 seasons and in fact the difference between the two up until the past couple of months was huge with Reading consistently offering much more going forward and also much more from a defensive perspective.

As you say though, both FB positions at the moment are a serious problem.

Think there was supposed to be at least one team playing at a higher level watching Houston this season

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Ayr Christmas video was decent! Nice to see a range of people from the club involved and Moff stole the show with his Home Alone impression. Wee things like that show the club engaging with fans more than I can ever remember 

My son loves quoting that line from Home Alone. I'll need to show him it.

Merry Christmas bonnie lassies and honest men everywhere. I hope Santa was good to you.

Here's hoping 2nd half of this season is just as good as the 1st half. 🤞

I have watched Home Alone 1 and 2 at least six times each this month so far, courtesy of my niece and nephew. Didn't have particularly strong feelings about the films either way but have suddenly grown a deeply rooted hatred of them. Come back Blippi and Bluey, all is forgiven.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I must be the only person on the planet who has never seen Home Alone.

I watched that before I watched Goodfellas. Couldn't understand how anyone found Joe Pesci a threat in the latter, if he got messed up by a kid in the first 🤔