The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

This is a joke. McAdams isn't even as good as my Granny.

I’m not sure how at any point in the game McAdams could be criticised, he was the only reason we had a chance towards the end. 

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See McAlear got subbed off after 58

Take it he wasn't very good?

He wasn’t the worst, but was ineffective like everyone else. We don’t appear to be playing him in his actual position though. 

Credit to Elgin they deserved that all game. Hester is way above League 2 level can only assume he has a job that he doesn’t want to give up.

We are dugmeat. The subs changed the game massively. O’Connor and McAllister were what we needed.

I want our big money tie now rather than risk being put out by Raith or ICT.

We played a formation that barely worked for the last 4 months, with some players that haven’t performed consistently since October and performed as expected.

We really need a shake and I thought the loss to Queens Park might have given us it but it doesn’t look like it did. 

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Daire better start next week, night and day with JML. 

This 100%. Would also have Bryden over McAlear, don't think he'll make much of an impact unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure how at any point in the game McAdams could be criticised, he was the only reason we had a chance towards the end. 

The boy just looked uninterested at times, gives me the fear at any high crosses. I think Albinson is without a doubt the number 1 keeper just now, definitely more commanding from the box.

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

This 100%. Would also have Bryden over McAlear, don't think he'll make much of an impact unfortunately.

The boy just looked uninterested at times, gives me the fear at any high crosses. I think Albinson is without a doubt the number 1 keeper just now, definitely more commanding from the box.

I wasn’t at the game but surely you can’t be saying that our keeper didn’t look interested during a game?? From looking at the commentary he kept us in the game at times??

Edited by ecocme

4 minutes ago, ecocme said:

I wasn’t at the game but surely you can’t be saying that our keeper didn’t look interested during a game?? From looking at the commentary he kept us in the game at times??

It's more fed up looking and with some of the defending, it's no wonder why 😐 Don't get me wrong, we all know he's a good keeper, great shot stopper, just looked peeved off at times. Credit, again, to Elgin, who really did keep McAdams on his toes.

McAdams pulled off three very good saves in the second half to keep us in it - you can criticise almost every outfield player before you have a go at McAdams today.

This '4-3-3' if we're calling that is not going to work with the personnel we have at the moment. JML and Mullin were essentially not in the game today and it was the same last Friday. If your wingers aren't getting in to space then you have no way to get forward but lump it at Dipo, who is always outnumbered in this system. Thank Christ we got Bryden and Daire on when we did, they were both driving us forward and, what a shocker, created space for Dipo. I don't think I've seen a 66th minute sub win man of the match before but you couldn't argue with it. Hopefully that's the last of the JML experience for a few weeks. 

A wee word on Kane Hester, different class today, the boy should be playing in the Championship.

51 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He wasn’t the worst, but was ineffective like everyone else. We don’t appear to be playing him in his actual position though. 

I said this during the game. He looks like he should be playing deeper as he doesn’t have the speed that Dempsey has. 

Just now, Shibuya said:

He was also blowing out his arse from about 30 mins in.

Aye I noted last week that he hasn’t played properly since October so obviously it’s going to take him time to get up to speed. I thought he had a few nice touches but ultimately was too pedestrian and the game passed him by. 

Once he gets situated deeper in the midfield and has Ben Dempsey and Kerr McInroy in front of him he’ll be fine.