The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah was just me looking at out of contract strikers in this division and he seemed the best.

Aware 2 of these have moved and Robinson on loan, was just a quick go at seeing what came out as its all automated now.

Fo9PprwWYAUo72X.thumb.png.3f09c0fcb42467235ed7e943a9dda5bc.png

We were interested in Jordan White, who seems to be a "static big man whos main purpose is bringing others in play", and i think they hoped Theo Bair would be that, so a chance he could end up watched as data wise (ive just seen bits of him so not entirely sure, but dont think he'd be the worst punt as a 3rd/4th choice type as he'd be cheaper than other (our offer for White was apparently £100k)) he seems to fit that bill to a degree.

Fo9Pq5PWIAAb7Q5.thumb.jpeg.90e968f29550d23d62418a090939438d.jpeg

The wee position graphic needs updating.  He has played* right midfield a few games this season.  

*Well he was in that position, played might indicate capability. 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

He's not bad but I'm certain there's other players available in the summer that could possibly boost Perths premiership status.

Aye it was just me looking at Championship strikers and thinking he'd be a cheapish punt who wouldnt kick up a stink at being 3rd/4th choice but also would offer something different to May/Clark/Kane.

58 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The wee position graphic needs updating.  He has played* right midfield a few games this season.  

*Well he was in that position, played might indicate capability. 

It just automates from WyScout data tbh, position stuff is something they get wrong a lot.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye it was just me looking at Championship strikers and thinking he'd be a cheapish punt who wouldnt kick up a stink at being 3rd/4th choice but also would offer something different to May/Clark/Kane.

It just automates from WyScout data tbh, position stuff is something they get wrong a lot.

He works hard and presses from the front but is a bit raw still. I like him but wouldn't say he was anywhere near ready for the Premiership. 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McKenzies goal scoring ratio for a forward player is woeful. If you're wanting him to get the goals then avoid, but he is a good foil for the other frontman 

He sort of reminds me of Gareth Wardlaw in that his scoring record is not great but he'd be a good partner for someone who does score goals.

36 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Murdoch and Musonda still both out this weekend...

It will be interesting to see if we go with McAlear (who clearly isn't fit) or Smith and / or Hewitt start alongside Dempsey ??

I've got a feeling that we may go with the extra Midfielder and try and stay compact to blunt the chance of Tiffoney running in behind us.

But who knows ??

38 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was on BBC Alba co-commentary duties sharing such insights as "the grass is a wee bit wet because of water".

I still don't know how he was the outstanding candidate when he got the job. The other candidates must not have been able to string a sentence together.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I still don't know how he was the outstanding candidate when he got the job. The other candidates must not have been able to string a sentence together.

I really want to know what he said in the interview that made Smith give him the job, because I don't understand how anyone could listen to him speak and think "aye, he's the guy we want to hire".

51 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

With Kirk away, McGinty possibly, and Musonda not reliable. Plus the fullback situation, that's a major reshape for next season. And that's just the defence. 

You'd think we'd only get Kirk again if we went up, even if McGinty stayed we need a totally new defence no matter what league, improvement in midfield and wide, striker for Dipo or 2 if he goes, huge rebuild