The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Robbo, you are a legend and Ayr through and through 👍

Would you cover Bullen if we sent him on holiday?

Being retired and with time on my hands I would do any job that helped the club out  volunteering my time free just as a number of other fans do or would do if they had the time ,  since I started going 53 years ago they have been the only club team for me 

Edited by Finlay21

A good result yesterday when you consider the form of the two teams recently.  Did think we were in for a long afternoon after their goal but, to be fair, we didn't collapse and got a foothold in the game after that.  

I have been quite critical of the tactics but, credit where it's due, there was a concerted effort to keep the ball down on the ground and pass it around yesterday and our midfield did look more comfortable in possession that had done previously.  I still think there the problems lie when we are out of possession, but it was good that we stayed patient and didn't just resort to smashing the ball up the park (too often).  Also think Bullen made the right call with the relatively early sub; I'm a fan of O'Connor and think he gets a rough time of it but he did seem out of sorts yesterday and struggled in the physical battle and JML did well when he came on.  

Think the biggest thing to work on from yesterday would be our movement in the attacking third.  Just felt that when we got the ball near their box it was either played to Dipo who we expected to create something from nothing or it went wide when we just put a cross in out of hope.  We need to be able to take advantage of the space created when multiple defenders try to close Dipo out of the game with runners in behind and through balls.  

But, for the most part, a decent performance and a good point.  If we play in a similar way against QP then hopefully we get the win.  

12 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Being retired and with time on my hands I would do any job that helped the club out  volunteering my time free just as a number of other fans do or would do if they had the time ,  since I started going 53 years ago they have been the only club team for me 

53 years! 😳 That's like Jim O'Neil stuff right there (Another Godlike legend among Ayr fans! 👍)

Honestly, fans like yourself are few and hard to find outwith the old firm nonsense. I've only been attending Somerset for the past 24 years and now, I've got my wee boy to come with me occasionally.

After 53 years, you'll have seen it all with Ayr, through thick and thin. Another 30 years till I can have the credit of saying anything like that.

Robbo, your a legend, nothing short of it 👍

40 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Yeah Bangala looks like he has went AWOL....Anyone at the club know what's happening?

Surely not paying him to swan about Paris wearing sunglasses INDOORS lol

He was recuperating at home after being signed off with concussion after a kick to head in training   ( protocol is nothing strenuous for a week or 2) returned to training late last week 

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He was recuperating at home after being signed off with concussion after a kick to head in training   ( protocol is nothing strenuous for a week or 2) returned to training late last week 

Surely not much chance of him being here next season? 

7 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Yeah Bangala looks like he has went AWOL....Anyone at the club know what's happening?

Surely not paying him to swan about Paris wearing sunglasses INDOORS lol

I am begging football fans not to follow players' instagrams.

Yes it's likely he's going to broadcast skiving from his job to tens of thousands of people without telling his employer.

Edited by Thumper

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

"David Bangala has left the club by mutual consent. We wish him all the best in his career."

Statement due in June. 

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe he'll turn out like Henrik Larsson at Celtic, write off, to Champions League superstar.

Then again.....

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

"David Bangala has left the club by mutual consent. We wish him all the best in his career."

Statement due in June. 

I am guessing that he made the move to Scotland with the hope of moving to an English team one day. The club probably used that as an incentive to him. Next season is a big season for him to prove he is a capable player, He has had a start/stop first season after missing six months of football waiting on a work permit. 

But he could just be shite and an absolute ringer who would struggle in amateur football. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am guessing that he made the move to Scotland with the hope of moving to an English team one day. The club probably used that as an incentive to him. Next season is a big season for him to prove he is a capable player, He has had a start/stop first season after missing six months of football waiting on a work permit. 

But he could just be shite and an absolute ringer who would struggle in amateur football. 

I think we can categorically state he is just shite - straight into the top five worst ever. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He is not a Championship level footballer, no where near it. I'm not even sure he's league 2 standard. 

Anytime I've seen him on the park, the other players have been telling himn where to stand, where to move.

Was really obvious in the cup game up at Cove, McAdams seemed to spend half the game telling him to move up 5 yds, inside 10 yds etc