The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Are either McKenzie and McGuire described as a target man? or are they ball carriers? or are they like Moffat and beat players in a foot race or take defenders for a walk? Or are they both predominantly, fairly static ball to feet, penalty box forwards

Ashford is a completely different forward, a nuisance who closes down defenders and does a power of work. He's not likely get close to scoring anything so needs to bring other players in to the game and create space for others. Which is ideal when you have supporting players like Mullen and O'Conner. 

McGuire has yet to score so your last point doesn't hold much weight.  

I don’t know what I’d describe either of them as, which is part of the problem. I definitely wouldn’t describe Maguire as a penalty box striker though.

Neither of them contribute enough consistently. That’s about as far as the similarity goes.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Anyway, that AU Media interview was infuriating - all we needed was a question on Dipo being back next week but nope, didn’t happen…

If they haven't asked then I think you have the answer.  

5 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I've just seen the pre match press conferences and as a club produced item the two points I'd make if Dipo was 50/50 through the week would be:

Why did we even ask directly if Dipo was available for last night's game?

And if the interviewer was unaware of the situation why was Bullen's poker faced response not just edited out?

As has been mentioned the feeling of deflation among the support when news filtered out was noticeable. 

Just clipped this, absolutely wild thing to put out on the morning of a game.  

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Maguire and McKenzie are completely different though - Maguire is more of a ten style player who wants to get on the ball deeper and make things happen. McKenzie is more of a target that can drift out wide at times too. Ashford and McKenzie are more similar in style but still  different IMO. 

Anyway, that AU Media interview was infuriating - all we needed was a question on Dipo being back next week but nope, didn’t happen…

He is sold 

5 minutes ago, United1973 said:

He is sold 

We aren’t going to refuse to sell him in January, and then sell him at the point where doing that in January could fully pay off before one of the biggest matches in our recent history. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

We aren’t going to refuse to sell him in January, and then sell him at the point where doing that in January could fully pay off before one of the biggest matches in our recent history. 

Maybe the alleged bid that is supposed to have come in and didn’t want to risk injury ? 

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

Maybe the alleged bid that is supposed to have come in and didn’t want to risk injury ? 

Yeah, but we aren’t going to bomb our only chance of promotion for a bid that will most likely still come in anyway. 

Just now, United1973 said:

Chucking the playoffs for 500 grand 🤩:lol:

Even at my angriest I'm not buying that.