The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s been following the club for months tbf. 

The Rovers Twitter? I don't do much Twitter'ing but someone on our thread saying he wasn't a couple of weeks ago and our new directors are now following him as well. Maybe I've done 2+2 and got 5. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

The Rovers Twitter? I don't do much Twitter'ing but someone on our thread saying he wasn't a couple of weeks ago and our new directors are now following him as well. Maybe I've done 2+2 and got 5. 

I looked way back when the rumour first came about and he was following the official twitter page and also the media page where you do your match updates. 

He could very well go and sign which is fair enough as we maybe aren’t willing to give him the wage he wants due to his age but it just seems bizarre timing what with him saying he’s enjoying himself and hopes we can take an extra step next season. 

I'm in two minds with Mullin, he was exceptional and then he was crud. If we are getting the former, he's well worth retaining. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though given he was injured.

20 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Mullin any good? he's now following us on Twitter which is normally a tell tale sign of a player about to sign.

I'd be ambivalent to him leaving as I felt he flattered to deceive a wee bit. There's evident quality there but it came in flashes. There seemed to be a general feeling that he was a good player (and compared to JML and Ashford he looked like Arjen Robben) but he never really done it for me. Him, Akinyemi and Chalmers worked well at the start of the season, but I always felt he was the weakest out the three. 

21 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Played well with Chalmers. Faded once he left and didn't do much until he was fishing for a deal with us, played a blinder against Cove, got the deal, faded again, got injured and has been pretty much an empty jersey since he came back. 

We had 4-5 players like that towards the end of the season so I wouldn't be sorry if he left along with the rest of them. Wouldn't be bothered if he stayed. 

52 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Mullin any good? he's now following us on Twitter which is normally a tell tale sign of a player about to sign.

He's a decent top half of the Championship player. He's on a fair whack, though,  so if you do sign him I suspect you'll not be bringing in as many new players as your fellow fans are speculating about elsewhere on P&B.

57 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

He's on a fair whack, though,  so if you do sign him I suspect you'll not be bringing in as many new players as your fellow fans are speculating about elsewhere on P&B.

Wasn't aware you were that well in the the know on Mullin's wages and our budget 🤔

24 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Wasn't aware you were that well in the the know on Mullin's wages and our budget 🤔

He was on close to 2k a week at Livi apparently and we only signed him from Feb to June on what I am guessing was about half that. 

If he’s going to be looking for north of £1k a week, we won’t be signing him along with 80% of the championship. 

what is it with some of the “multi-club forum” advocates scrolling through threads looking to be raging ? 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You should just interpret  what he meant, make up a motive and get angry about it

You made a daft comment, were called out on it, then backtracked.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Still making a James Hunt of it I see

You mean what you did with the utter moronic post you were called out on?  I'm glad we agree on that, brother.

Also, it's 'cunt', not 'James Hunt'.

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was on close to 2k a week at Livi apparently and we only signed him from Feb to June on what I am guessing was about half that. 

If he’s going to be looking for north of £1k a week, we won’t be signing him along with 80% of the championship. 

what is it with some of the “multi-club forum” advocates scrolling through threads looking to be raging ? 

Loose change.We were paying DG more 😅

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You mean what you did with the utter moronic post you were called out on?  I'm glad we agree on that, brother.

Also, it's 'c**t', not 'James Hunt'.

I tell you what, you mentioned specifically Hamilton and Kilmarnock. Do yourself a favour and look in to the events specifically around Hamilton moving out of Douglas Park and being homeless for a number of years to the point they were a football irrelevance for nearly 20 years.

Or Kilmarnock during the Alasdair Johnston era where they accumulated about £8 million in debt and him taking ownership of the Park hotel for starters.

Then ask yourself, “have I just made a fanny of myself publicly over several posts”

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I tell you what, you mentioned specifically Hamilton and Kilmarnock. Do yourself a favour 

Or Kilmarnock during the Alasdair Johnston era where they accumulated about £8 million in debt and him taking ownership of the Park hotel for starters.

Then ask yourself, “have I just made a fanny of myself publicly over several posts”

Do yourself a favour and ask yourself who Alasdair Johnston was and then ask yourself, “have I just made a fanny of myself publicly?”.

ETA @TheScarf this same Ayr fan claimed last season that Derek McInnes (just after leaving Aberdeen but months before taking the Kilmarnock job) was “getting closer every day” to becoming the Ayr manager but they chose Jim Duffy in the end instead 😂. So it’s definitely not an intellectual mastermind you are dealing with here.

Edited by Sortmeout