The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Good age to try and make money off him and would fit the mould for more direct counter attacking that Bullen wants to play. 

I was hoping the laying of a new pitch was a sign that we intended to keep the ball on the deck and not be quite as direct.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Would you recommend going to an MLS game? I've never been but would like to experience one.

If you’re ever near one then aye but I wouldn’t go out my way for it. Was at the New York ‘derby’ when Mackay-Steven was there and it was very meh. Low quality and no atmosphere.

45 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was hoping the laying of a new pitch was a sign that we intended to keep the ball on the deck and not be quite as direct.

Hope so but even still it’s possible to play direct football without hoofing it. It’s how we got to the top of the table by getting the ball quickly to Dipo or McKenzie and asking Chalmers, Dempsey and Mullin to get close to them. When teams worked it out and doubled up on Dipo and then Chalmers left it became an issue. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Think the new pitch is more because the work which was done last summer made the drainage poorer, at the Partick game at Somerset just to the right of the centre circle to the Railway end side of the halfway line looking at it from the North Terracing, water was actually coming up from the pitch when the ball bounced as if it was almost waterlogged. 

Pretty clear that the owners vision involves hoofball.  

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ayr weren't actually stopping him signing for anyone else, they couldn't do that. They were demanding so much in compensation nobody else would do so though.

There is nothing stopping me from buying a Jaguar except that if I try to drive one off without giving the dealership seventy grand then they'll send the police after me.

I knew you'd come out with some nit-picking shit like this.

22 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tiffoney was more than able to go to Dundee at the time but we wouldn’t lower our demand and Dundee clearly didn’t want to go to a tribunal so he stayed where he was. It’s why he sounds like a complete idiot when he says we destroyed his career when no one was willing to pay the money to buy him.

Destroying Tiffoney's career was doing Scottish football a service.

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There is nothing stopping me from buying a Jaguar except that if I try to drive one off without giving the dealership seventy grand then they'll send the police after me.

I knew you'd come out with some nit-picking shit like this.

Destroying Tiffoney's career was doing Scottish football a service.

True dat. Horrible little scrote. 

ETA: That’s Tiffoney I was on about. @Skyline Driftercan be irritating but I don’t think I’d go so far as to call him that. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

My understanding is that Ayr didn't "demand" all that much. It's just that Dundee tried to be incredibly tight. Their role seems to have been overlooked somewhat

It was just after we came out of administration, so any fee would have been tough to justify.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It was just after we came out of administration, so any fee would have been tough to justify.

Fair enough. Shouldn't have tried to get a young lad on the (very, very cheap). Let's face it though, with his later antics you dodged a bullet.

5 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Fair enough. Shouldn't have tried to get a young lad on the (very, very cheap). Let's face it though, with his later antics you dodged a bullet.

I think any club would try to get a young talent as cheaply as possible and we then baulked at the compensation you wanted.

Seemed to have worked out well in the end though.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think any club would try to get a young talent as cheaply as possible and we then baulked at the compensation you wanted.

Seemed to have worked out well in the end though.

I would've said it worked out well for both clubs, but he cost Ayr a few quid in legal fees even though he lost the case.

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Horrid little fella ....told David Cox to go kill himself after he was just back from bout of depression where he contemplated suicide ....

Actually imagine what an evil b*****d you must be to say that...

That was the end of his career ..... disgusting fella

Aye an utter bawbag. Did he not end up on the sex offenders register for sharing naked photos/videos without consent?

A truly deplorable excuse for a human being.

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Horrid little fella ....told David Cox to go kill himself after he was just back from bout of depression where he contemplated suicide ....

Actually imagine what an evil b*****d you must be to say that...

That was the end of his career ..... disgusting fella

David Cox should have stuck the heid on him. 

12 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Would you recommend going to an MLS game? I've never been but would like to experience one.

Being to Orlando City games a few times. This time we done a package where you get food and drink free. Quality wise it's probably similar to Scottish premiership. Danny Wilson (ex rangers and hearts) and Connor Ronan (ex St Mirren) we're both playing for Colorado. Think Sam Nicholson is also there but wasn't involved. Atmosphere wise it's extremely tame compared to Scotland, very much aimed at families. 

Aye an utter bawbag. Did he not end up on the sex offenders register for sharing naked photos/videos without consent?

A truly deplorable excuse for a human being.

Craig Conway I can genuinely say I was happy to see going places, he did well at Dundee United, got his Scotland Caps and progressed. That is all you'd want for a young player. Was sort of upset he never made a return, even in his old age, after his contract was up with St Johnstone.

Tiffoney reminds me of the ignorant and arrogant rangers supporting glory seeking arseholes, who used to bully me as an eight year old at school, believing they could catch cancer off me. I was fat due to steroids, baldy going through Chemo and supported Ayr United 😒.

Rangers had just beat Ayr 7-0 🙄

I liked Tiffoney in the beginning, don't get me wrong, came through the academy and was wished the best as you'd do with most young players. However, he became quite arrogant if I recall. Started believing he was better than he was. 

I don't know David Cox but definitely believed him after he had released the video when he had walked. Nobody deserves that, not even your worst enemies. It's pathetic behaviour. As for the sex offenders thing, Not nice at all.

32 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Being to Orlando City games a few times. This time we done a package where you get food and drink free. Quality wise it's probably similar to Scottish premiership. Danny Wilson (ex rangers and hearts) and Connor Ronan (ex St Mirren) we're both playing for Colorado. Think Sam Nicholson is also there but wasn't involved. Atmosphere wise it's extremely tame compared to Scotland, very much aimed at families. 

Yeah, I can imagine the atmosphere would be tamer compared to here. My friend used to coach youngsters over in America and he said they are heavily into making football family friendly and accessible. Was the food good? I take it they had no pies and bovril.