The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’ve heard that a deal is done and it’s a club record. 
If it’s not done, he either downs tools, phones in the next 6 months and then returns to square one or he maintains where he is at, looking  for a contract at a lower level than he is capable of but full time.

The worst case scenario is the club get the same player next year but no money when he leaves. 

Yes, it wouldn't be in either Dipo's interest (or the club's) for him to down tools and ultimately I'm sure there will be a Gentleman's agreement in place where the club won't stand in his way provided a reasonable offer is made.

The player himself will be well aware of his worth and if Ayr were not to receive a "reasonable" offer then I'm sure he wouldn't be too bitter about it although maybe not overly happy.

Goalscorers are at a premium just now and especially ones who work hard for their team, have a great attitude and who also have a good injury record so I'd reckon he'll be ticking quite a few boxes of quite a few clubs so I'd be really surprised if we didn't receive a bid of £250k+ which would probably be acceptable for all parties concerned.

But then again, who knows ??

If Nisbet is worth £2.2 Million+ with a year remaining on his contract then you'd think we would realistically be able to pull in at least 20% of that which would be around the £400k mark, so maybe the figures previously quoted aren't that far off the mark.

Edited by WATTOO

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

We’ve not even managed to announce O’Connors extension or Moffat leaving the club to Glenafton and whether he’s staying on as a coach so a pre contract announcement would never happen. 

This is a bit of a poor look from the club imo. Given the service he has given you would have thought the club would have at least put out some sort of tribute. 

There has been absoulotely no information on pre season friendlies, season tickets or anything like that I can see. 

When do the club return to pre season training? Surely we'll have at least a few signings in before then as we're still at least 6 players short imo. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’ve heard that a deal is done and it’s a club record. 
If it’s not done, he either downs tools, phones in the next 6 months and then returns to square one or he maintains where he is at, looking  for a contract at a lower level than he is capable of but full time.

The worst case scenario is the club get the same player next year but no money when he leaves. 

Is this just through the grapevine or is it a rumour with some credibility?

It’s probably in the clubs interest to keep it quiet until they’ve done the majority of their signings. Once it gets out that we’ve received however much for him then players wage demands and agents demands will go up another 10%. 

The only club I saw linked was Gillingham who apparently have a bit of cash and are targeting the L2 title but personally I think he should be aiming above that level.

Just now, WATTOO said:

The only club I saw linked was Gillingham who apparently have a bit of cash and are targeting the L2 title but personally I think he should be aiming above that level.

Gillingham low balled in January, was Burton who made the bigger bid.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s probably in the clubs interest to keep it quiet until they’ve done the majority of their signings. Once it gets out that we’ve received however much for him then players wage demands and agents demands will go up another 10%. 

100%, after the Toderov debacle and gentleman's agreement with Cammy Smith and I'm blaming no one btw, I'd be amazed if the club spouted names for nearly done deals. We'll be all over this I'd imagine and well down the road to a number of signings, we'll be told when we should be.......when signed. 

10 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

100%, after the Toderov debacle and gentleman's agreement with Cammy Smith and I'm blaming no one btw, I'd be amazed if the club spouted names for nearly done deals. We'll be all over this I'd imagine and well down the road to a number of signings, we'll be told when we should be.......when signed. 

It was pretty common knowledge we were signing Robbie Mutch and George Stanger prior to them officially signing. 

5 hours ago, Jack1910 said:

Just because his family are back down south doesn’t mean his attitude and desire to score goals will disappear. If he throws a strop about not wanting to be here and has a poor season he won’t get his big pay day down south. He still has a job to do. 

Dipo has no issues up here regarding his family situation , if he stays here until his contract ends ( which is unlikely) he would still give 100% 

19 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah, I can imagine the atmosphere would be tamer compared to here. My friend used to coach youngsters over in America and he said they are heavily into making football family friendly and accessible.

You get the same at women's games in the UK and I know multiple people who said they had fantastic atmospheres at the women's euros.

Wish the food was as good as it was in America anyway.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm sure there will be a Gentleman's agreement in place where the club won't stand in his way provided a reasonable offer is made.

If he wasn't for sale at any price then this would have been made clear in the fifty or sixty times the club has been asked about it. Of course he'll move on if his valuation is met. The question is whether he'll be evaluated on the merits of his capabilities or just on the usual too-wee-too-poor-too-stupid stereotype of the Scottish lower leagues.

On that note I'm vaguely surprised that the Scottish tabloids haven't been making up lazy rumours about him moving to half the top flight teams.

17 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It was pretty common knowledge we were signing Robbie Mutch and George Stanger prior to them officially signing. 

I'm always amazed why anyone from within the club would disclose this type of information.

Somebody in the know can't be trusted.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

You get the same at women's games in the UK and I know multiple people who said they had fantastic atmospheres at the women's euros..

Womans football deserves it's growing audience after being neglected for decades. Anything that makes people want to actually go to games is a good thing. It's far too easy to just watch games on TV now.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is a bit of a poor look from the club imo. Given the service he has given you would have thought the club would have at least put out some sort of tribute. 

There has been absoulotely no information on pre season friendlies, season tickets or anything like that I can see. 

When do the club return to pre season training? Surely we'll have at least a few signings in before then as we're still at least 6 players short imo. 

Players return on 26th , plenty of time to recruit , Glenafton announced Moffat before his contract at Ayr has ended that’s not the right thing to do , season tickets will be announced next couple of days as the instalment deal runs out this week and it would cause confusion if selling 2 tickets at different prices at the same time 

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm always amazed why anyone from within the club would disclose this type of information.

Somebody in the know can't be trusted.

Stanger didn’t come from the club. Scott Burns broke the news and it’s well known that he has just about every agent in his phone book and that’s how he gets so much right. 

50 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Players return on 26th , plenty of time to recruit , Glenafton announced Moffat before his contract at Ayr has ended that’s not the right thing to do , season tickets will be announced next couple of days as the instalment deal runs out this week and it would cause confusion if selling 2 tickets at different prices at the same time 

Hope the club aren't taking this laid back approach given we're still miles off it squad wise 😂

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hope the club aren't taking this laid back approach given we're still miles off it squad wise 😂

I'd like to think that they identified some targets ages ago and would be well on the way to getting deals over the line by now. If this is not the case, then the recruitment team need their nuts slapped.

17 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

They can announce them all on the 25th as far as I am concerned, I don’t understand  why people get worked up on who is signed 2 weeks before they start training and 4 weeks before our first competitive game , we have for the last 3 seasons had everyone signed before season started 

I think every year we have the same panic and I can remember one year since we’ve gone full time where we made a permanent signing after the league cup games. The majority of the squad is always in place and it’s generally just one or two loans needed to bolster the squad. And before anyone says this year is a bigger rebuild then I’d point them to the summer of 2019 where we lost Rose, Smith, Crawford, McDaid and Shankland in one go. If we can get through that then we can sign a right back, a couple strikers and a couple midfielders. 

I said it on the league cup thread that we probably need another 4-5 players in for the cup games. A right back, a number 10/second striker, a defensive midfielder, a Dipo replacement and a winger. Ecrepont should be given a fair shot at left back in that time and only after then can we decide on the possibility of a new left back, I reckon we’ll then see another striker and possibly another winger come in on loan. 5 signings in 5 weeks is perfectly doable and there’s a chance they could all happen in the last two weeks. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think every year we have the same panic and I can remember one year since we’ve gone full time where we made a permanent signing after the league cup games. The majority of the squad is always in place and it’s generally just one or two loans needed to bolster the squad. And before anyone says this year is a bigger rebuild then I’d point them to the summer of 2019 where we lost Rose, Smith, Crawford, McDaid and Shankland in one go. If we can get through that then we can sign a right back, a couple strikers and a couple midfielders. 

I said it on the league cup thread that we probably need another 4-5 players in for the cup games. A right back, a number 10/second striker, a defensive midfielder, a Dipo replacement and a winger. Ecrepont should be given a fair shot at left back in that time and only after then can we decide on the possibility of a new left back, I reckon we’ll then see another striker and possibly another winger come in on loan. 5 signings in 5 weeks is perfectly doable and there’s a chance they could all happen in the last two weeks. 

In an ideal world the board would want to be releasing some signing news to coincide with the release of the season ticket sales.