The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Where do you get this from ?? There are still minimum 3/4 players still to come in 

Is that enough? We're probably looking at needing a LB, RB, CM, Winger and Striker in as a bare minimum just now. 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is that enough? We're probably looking at needing a LB, RB, CM, Winger and Striker in as a bare minimum just now. 

Unless anymore move on , with the definite 5 and potentially a couple more the squad will be too heavy 

i won't pretend to know what the budget is but I assume until we get a good bid that is good enough for Akinyemi the 3/4 we look to bringing in will be it till at least post League Cup but have to wait and see I guess, yes i would say we do still need a RB, CM, Right sided winger and a Striker but would much rather give Ecrepont a chance considering last season his only starts came on his opposite of the pitch he usually plays and apart from one bad game against Partick never got a look in again

one of the things i'm happy with right now is we do for the most parts have depth in positions and not having to rely on youth players to fill the bench, is the depth of good enough quality you can question for sure but i would rather have depth then none at all

It’s bad enough getting yourself in a mess over a football player. But Liam Smith, christ almighty.

On that note Mark Kerr was good 5 years ago why aren’t the club looking at him? And what happened to that Moffat fella he was alright back then as well?

7 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Unless anymore move on , with the definite 5 and potentially a couple more the squad will be too heavy

So with three already in , is it two in today/tomorrow followed by a couple of loans nearer the league cup ? 

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

So with three already in , is it two in today/tomorrow followed by a couple of loans nearer the league cup ? 

I would think so , that will be 5 signed permanently, and we always get at least  a couple of loan deals 

7 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

There’s a fair bit of talk on Twitter of O’Connor moving to Glentoran. Would like to think maybe one of JML or Ashford will also move on to allow us to bring someone in. Bangala too. There’s been zero mention of him when it looked certain he was leaving. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They dont need to, we've had over £1m in reserves for a long time now, last count had it over £3m.

The club was stripped bare when the Browns took over to fund our survival, and the move to McDiarmid turned us self sustainable and profitable.

Don't St Johnstone making an absolute fucking fortune from renting out McDiarmid to businesses for conference facilities during the week?

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So you know for a fact we've spoken to all 3 of those players and they are all asking for what the club perceive as ' stupid wages'?

if we want to progress as a club we need to show a bit of ambition on the park for once and speculate to accumulate. We aren't going to get a better right back than Liam Smith so just give him what he wants even if it's a bit more than we thought we'd have to pay.

What does progress look like though? Improving our  league position, performances on the pitch , off field facilities , balance of squad,. home form or selling some players for decent cash? We finished second last season and were mince for around half of that. A lot of football fans will only look at the league table so how hard will it be to progress from there!

FWIW i agree with you around the quality of our squad so far. Not making my mind up though until i see what the other signings look like. For me progress will be getting the new stand built and a more flexible playing style that brings better performances at home. Will happily take a hit for a season to help kick us on in the future.  

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

What does progress look like though? Improving our  league position, performances on the pitch , off field facilities , balance of squad,. home form or selling some players for decent cash?

All of that, alongside one or two from the academy becoming 1st team regulars and a steady increasing of attendances and turnover generally.

Not too much to ask!

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

All of that, alongside one or two from the academy becoming 1st team regulars and a steady increasing of attendances and turnover generally.

Not too much to ask!

Agree with the above and believe it can be achievable in the near future with sustainable revenue and investment 

I hope the 2 coming in are a right back and centre mid.  They are the positions we need with the current squad.  If O'Connor does go, then bring in another winger.  Bangala goes then I wouldn't even say we need a replacement.