The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Seems Dipo has taking Ayr United out his twitter bio as well as changing his profile picture and cover photo. It was obvious he was going to be away but it would be a shame if it ended on a sour note. 

Seems Dipo has taking Ayr United out his twitter bio as well as changing his profile picture and cover photo. It was obvious he was going to be away but it would be a shame if it ended on a sour note. 

Has he taken Ayr United out of his twitter bio as well as changing his profile picture and cover photo aye?

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Paton at Queen's park 🙄

20230623_130151.jpg

We were in talks with him and it seemed to be going well however stalled for whatever reason.

It's known that QOS were due compo so not sure if that was a stuttering block since the Dipo position hasn't been confirmed yet.

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I highly doubt he'll report to pre season training on Monday, which is probably going to make the whole thing 100x worse

Actually prefer he wasn't there on Monday if it's true he's unhappy. Just let him stay down south till it's all sorted.

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

We were in talks with him and it seemed to be going well however stalled for whatever reason.

It's known that QOS were due compo so not sure if that was a stuttering block since the Dipo position hasn't been confirmed yet.

Most likely the Queens Park pound notes getting waved in his face. It’s called “ambition” apparently.

20 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

News coming tomorrow on further signings along with the potential for more before we kick a ball in any competitive game , some of the bang average players kicking about in Scotland are looking for much more than they are worth ,

When we expecting this news then?

A lot of gossip about Dipo being unhappy based on nothing.

English clubs start back later, if a deal is done in principle and Dipo is still on holiday then I am sure he’s quite happy with the situation. Apart from not having a signing on fee and a healthy wage rise yet.

If not, he’ll be back training a week or two earlier than he’d like and will be kicking his heels until the bid comes in

20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Actually prefer he wasn't there on Monday if it's true he's unhappy. Just let him stay down south till it's all sorted.

If he doesn’t turn up then he doesn’t get paid surely. It’s his job whether we wants a move or not, until it’s agreed he has to come in and prepare for the new season. 

32 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Most likely the Queens Park pound notes getting waved in his face. It’s called “ambition” apparently.

I mean it could have been any reason down to the length of contract or guarantees on playing time which we wouldn't have been able to give due to Dipo situation. QP had Henderson and Shields both on loan now back at parent clubs so they currently have 0 strikers. People just jumps to the assumptions it's down to compo/money.

24 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Why not? Is he allowed to do some of the work nearer home 

I'm only going on the practice that usually happens when a player is wishing a move. That's usually the first course of action a player takes to make their message clear.

Seems too much of a coincidence that VoR article appeared 20 minutes before the tweet so likely in reference to offers mentioned in that in some way.

Maybe at his next club he should put a release clause in if he doesn't intend to stay for the full length so he has an easier get out.

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The man posts an emoji on Twitter and there’s people on here speculating about him refusing to train. Give me fucking strength.

He showed absolutely nothing last season to suggest he would pack it in easily. 

My theory is that the club will have been quite open with him about letting him leave but a clubs needs to meet our valuation of him. Someone will meet that within the next week I’m sure. 

Also just realised that @Finlay21sakd we’d be getting around 5 more signings unless there’s a departure. Is Akinyemi included in that meaning if/when he leaves it’ll open up the potential for a couple more? I still think we’re looking at needing two forwards. One to replace Akinyemi and one to replace Brad Young that we never got in January. 

30 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The man posts an emoji on Twitter and there’s people on here speculating about him refusing to train. Give me fucking strength.

I don't think he'll refuse to train or anything like that but  as well as the emoji he's took Ayr United out his twitter bio aswell as changing his profile picture and cover photo to non Ayr United related things. 

Cmon to f**k Ayr, just announce a few imminents pronto to take our mind off this. 

18 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

That is just continuing your trend of polishing a lot of shite to try and fit your narrative.
Take Dipo out that team and replace him with Adeloye. A huffy drama Queen who gets 15 goals. 
we’d have been below Raith and possibly a couple of other teams as well. 
We have 5 players that could be relied on to play every week, 6 if you include Dipo. No full backs, wide players, defensive midfielders, attacking midfielders and one forward(for now) 

I don't have a "narrative" I deal in facts my friend.

You're the one with the "if", "could", "would" , "possibly" etc, etc.