The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Doohan doing so well here can't have hurt.

Good point

Never hurts to have examples of players coming here and leaving better players. I’d also assume Rodgers might’ve had a word and made him realise how much Doohan has improved.

I think Cadden will play on the right cutting inside on his left foot. Miller may even play wing back if we go with three at the back again.

I hope Cadden can play on the right otherwise it’s Crawford till Forrest is back. I’m sure McCall said that he would be close to fitness by the break so not too long

The great thing is that it's mostly highly rated and improving young players that we have and nobody knows their limitations. As a supporter it's great to watch them develop as opposed to turning up to see a team full of journeymen just going through the motions.

A potentially excellent transfer window for us I'd say as well as retaining all our good young players.

Since we now have an abundance of left sided players including Miller who can play LB i believe, you have to wonder where this leaves Harvie who has been somewhat underwhelming recently. Not heard a lot about this guy but see he's been at Dundee for the first half of the season and made 18 apps so must be pretty decent.

Went away earlier giving up any hope of us signing anyone else only to come back to this, splendid end to the evening.

My main point from the 2013 thing was he obviously had talent at 15 (and not that PSG were wanting him to replace Neymar) and it's likely that had he been at anyone else outwith the Old Firm he would have been given more of an opportunity at the time. 

I doubt 4 games for Celtic and the fact that his first taste of regular first team football was at 20 with Dundee this season has helped him develop since. Neither does Brendan Rodgers wanting to turn him into a left back because he did it previous with Ryan Bertrand.

Definitely the type of player we should be going for and he only has to look at Shankland etc. to see that it's a good club for players whose career hasn't turned out as they'd hoped.

My main point from the 2013 thing was he obviously had talent at 15 (and not that PSG were wanting him to replace Neymar) and it's likely that had he been at anyone else outwith the Old Firm he would have been given more of an opportunity at the time. 
I doubt 4 games for Celtic and the fact that his first taste of regular first team football was at 20 with Dundee this season has helped him develop since. Neither does Brendan Rodgers wanting to turn him into a left back because he did it previous with Ryan Bertrand.
Definitely the type of player we should be going for and he only has to look at Shankland etc. to see that it's a good club for players whose career hasn't turned out as they'd hoped.

Absolutely

Our squad is littered with players that have transformed their careers at Ayr. McCall himself said on the radio tonight that you’ll never be a manager if you ask players to do things they’re not capable of. Clearly Miller is a left winger so he should be utilised as such.

Well I wanted a big centre back tick

creative midfielder with young legs tick tick

a big target man no

Still  happy with the business Mcalls done brilliant again think we’ll outscore  them all in the run in who car3s about the daft goals we’ll give them, confident in the top four now and they won’t want to play Ayr any of them