The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Could show you a multitude of highlights of Jack Baird being shite for Ayr but you lot still rave about him. 

McGinty is actually playing for you now and shipping goals by defending like a total fanny, so I've no idea what you'd expect that to achieve.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Could show you a multitude of highlights of Jack Baird being shite for Ayr but you lot still rave about him. 

We rave about him in the present tense though, his spell in the wilderness with you is ancient history. McGinty's latest f**k up was this weekend.

9 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

We rave about him in the present tense though, his spell in the wilderness with you is ancient history. McGinty's latest f**k up was this weekend.

Baird has never made a mistake playing for you?

Quite the achievement.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

McGinty is actually playing for you now and shipping goals by defending like a total fanny, so I've no idea what you'd expect that to achieve.

McGinty doesn’t ship anymore goals playing Ayr than the majority of defenders in this league. 

You can deny it all you want but any Ayr fan who watches game’s regularly will tell you he’s settled at Ayr and has been a perfectly decent Championship centre half in the last 18 months or so. 

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Quite the achievement.

He was absolutely ragdolled in the last encounter between the two sides last season. He’s in the same boat as McGinty for me. Average centre half in this league and doesn’t do anything special. Had a bad time at Ayr for whatever reason but I think he’s more settled at Morton. 

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Quite the achievement.

Let's be honest, both Baird and McGinty are bomb scares at the best of times. Though they aren't the worst defenders either club have had respectively.

Morton fans obsession with Sean McGinty is really quite something. Unable to acknowledge that he has been fine for us.  There was even one in the Norseman before the game on Saturday claiming McGinty purposely got himself sent off in a game for them due to agreeing a PCA with us. Moon howling behaviour. 

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I did find some of the Cowshed booing McGinty every time he got on the ball to be a bit weird.

Imagine letting Sean fucking McGinty live rent free in your head.

Because after abusing him before, during and after his Morton career, he had the nerve to make a gesture towards them last season. 

what a monster 

Jack Baird and Sean McGinty are both horrible football players with the ball at their feet. One is slightly better aerially and the other on the deck defensively - think that’s about it. 

When Bullen came in initially it was Baird I wanted to start, not McGinty but generally speaking McGinty has been solid for us and done well. I still think we need to move away from him being a starter, particularly if we are going to be changing our style. He is still a useful squad member, and good to bring on when defending a lead too. 

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

So judgemental and angry.

I’m not sure what comes across as angry here. Since when did staying a clear and obvious fact make you angry? 

following me around a football forum for two days like a spurned lover on the other hand….

I have no doubts McGinty would be as good if not better than Baird if he was in an Imrie team. I found the constant booing from the Cowshed to be absolutely hilarious and indicative of the complete diddy mentality of the football club, and town, as a whole.