The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Star Trek is pish. 

Star Wars all the way. 

I'm conflicted with that... the old geezers are outing themselves though given the age of TOS.

Edit - Stargate SG1 for the win! Loved that when I was growing up.

Edited by Trogdor

also regarding pendlebury it's very hard to blame bullen. If something personal has happened with him or he's homesick, which meant he would have to go back, or he's gone off in the huff due to not playing one game then you can't really blame bullen regardless of what happened.

edit - not a huge bullen fan, just saying it's hard to blame him for this

Edited by GuyIncognito

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'm conflicted with that... the old geezers are outing themselves though given the age of TOS.

Re-runs, far too young for the original.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm no Bullen fan. That should be obvious to most. I actually think he's coming to the end of the road as Ayr manager.

However, the Pendlebury situation can't be attributed to him. Either Pendlebury has chucked the rattles and he's as well punted. Or he has struggled to settle and can't focus (it happens) and he's been released.

Either way it's the recruitment team and strategy I'm questioning... 🤔

Does it happen though? I mean it's a very rare thing and surely at the extreme end of dealing with things. That's why I think it's actually been downplayed a bit in terms of reasons why. Plus I don't like that that this can now be seen as an option at the club now if a player is unsettled.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Frankly who cares, Smith is the one paying the wages and ultimately we had a 2nd place finish (how we got there isn't important, merely the fact that we did).

If he's happy (and presumably he is) then I don't really see why we should get that bothered about it.

If any other club in this league was in this position you would be sharing a totally different set of opinions right now. 2nd place was a good achievement last season and it is staggering to believe we find ourselves in this mess. Something i didn't think we would see having a full time team supposed to avoid these very problems. If you can't see the current situation for what it is then you are in for some very long saturday afternoons ahead

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

also regarding pendlebury it's very hard to blame bullen. If something personal has happened with him or he's homesick, which meant he would have to go back, or he's gone off in the huff due to not playing one game then you can't really blame bullen regardless of what happened.

There is also a good chance that nobody is to blame and it's just an unfortunate situation that does happen quite regularly. That's life.

(call me esther)

3 minutes ago, AnonGuy7991 said:

Think it stems from Bullen not having to balls to drop McGinty, and Musonda being too big a character to sit on the bench. Instead of dealing with the confrontation of dropping McGinty he instead unbalances the team by shoe horning the clubs best centre back into a holding midfielder. 

Your not wrong Stranger was brought in for Frankie going to the AFCON and has done nothing wrong to be dropped for, I would love to see him play Stranger and Frankie I don't think it's a coincidence that we played our best football with Kirk and Frankie last season as the CB's 

Just now, WATTOO said:

There is also a good chance that nobody is to blame and it's just an unfortunate situation that does happen quite regularly. That's life.

(call me esther)

That's what I was suggesting regarding the first two options. like i said if he's homesick or has personal/family issues back home and has asked to leave to be able to deal with them then of course it's no-ones fault.

Just now, AyrExile said:

If any other club in this league was in this position you would be sharing a totally different set of opinions right now. 2nd place was a good achievement last season and it is staggering to believe we find ourselves in this mess. Something i didn't think we would see having a full time team supposed to avoid these very problems. If you can't see the current situation for what it is then you are in for some very long saturday afternoons ahead

I still don't accept that there is a mess.

Come back to me at end of October and we can see then.

17 minutes ago, Nelson said:

One of the strongest P and B debuts I’ve ever witnessed.

Indeed, too literate for my liking though given the tone of his comments.  Something is off......

Think it is the bald fraud.

Spoiler

The other one

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article28734346.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200c/0_AMP_SDR_141222_MILLER_0011.jpg

12 minutes ago, AnonGuy7991 said:

Think it stems from Bullen not having to balls to drop McGinty, and Musonda being too big a character to sit on the bench. Instead of dealing with the confrontation of dropping McGinty he instead unbalances the team by shoe horning the clubs best centre back into a holding midfielder. 

So what you're claiming is all is not well behind the scenes? 

17 minutes ago, AnonGuy7991 said:

He dropped McGinty for large parts of last season until Musonda got injured. 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

Gonna talk about something different since I’ve been on holiday not been to the last two games how’s Scott Tomlinson been looking? seen he’s getting more and more minutes in each game he comes on from

He looks a decent prospect but is obviously nowhere near ready for this level now. Would probably do well at about league 2 level.

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

For anyone reading arriving at this thread noticing it is hot and expecting a signing. This is for you...

Reveal hidden contents

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Aye, @Div can we get ours to say 'binfire' instead of 'hot'.  :lol: