The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

We need a midfielder, full backs and a striker or we are going down - that might be the case even if we get rid of Bullen.

That's the real worry. I genuinely fear the worst. A manager change is no guarantee. We are in real danger.

Take it the atmosphere at the ground was positive and everyone was expressing how well Lee was doing?

I hoovered the house. Didn't even put my phone in my pocket.

Incredibly impressed the club have managed to unearth two Ali Dia level frauds within the space of a single year.

Just now, Trogdor said:

That's the real worry. I genuinely fear the worst. A manager change is no guarantee. We are in real danger.

Yeah, that team has nothing about them. We have players of quality in one area of the park but because we are so poor behind them we aren’t going to see anything like the best of them as they continually receive the ball in their own half. 

After tonight my worst fears about the recruitment have been completely realised. The players aren’t good enough, but also don’t fit into the style Bullen wants to play - it’s hard to quantify as there is just so much wrong. 

Did feel for Bullen at the end while he was walking on picking the ball up with the chanting etc, but his times up. Genuinely think he’ll walk. However this is not all his doing. David Smith should be asking serious questions about our recruitment; it’s an absolute shambles. I’ve said it for months now, this signing players from the arse end of English football is going to be what sends us down this year. Falkirk fans can testify to that. Really worry for us this season. 

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Thought the boy Jack Young was the only decent player for you lot tonight, really don't get the signing of McGeady. Did Bully not learn from Chris Maguire last season?

McGeady has an off field role as well. Even if he doesn’t play much it’s still very much a good thing having someone with his experience onboard.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Did feel for Bullen at the end while he was walking on picking the ball up with the chanting etc, but his times up. Genuinely think he’ll walk. However this is not all his doing. David Smith should be asking serious questions about our recruitment; it’s an absolute shambles. I’ve said it for months now, this signing players from the arse end of English football is going to be what sends us down this year. Falkirk fans can testify to that. Really worry for us this season. 

Yeah he doesn’t deserve the abuse imo but he’s rapidly running out of time. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not ideal when one of Bullen’s favourites can see it’s not working. McGinty will be annoyed enough that he’s not just being left to his own game of winning headers and punting the ball. Asking him to try and play out from the back when he takes about three touches before passing is mental. 

If you had to look for positives then I thought Young and Senga looked good although the latter dropped off a wee bit in the second half. Syla looked okay as well but was trying too hard with the Hollywood passes. 

Apart from that it looks like another game closer to the inevitable. We will get nothing from Thistle or QP. 

Yeah Young looked promising but everything else feels forced and swiching the ball high side to side sums up our lack of ideas.

Rose probably did his best work running the channels 1st half which highlights both that he isn't a lone striker and our need for a target man / penalty box striker.

At this point a lot will be resting on Murphy coming back and staying fit.

Whatever happens, we need a full breakdown of the recruitment process and who has accountability within it. Bullen can’t take all of the responsibility - some of these signings defy belief, what are they looking at to think they could be competent players for us.