The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Did note the point about trying to stay off forums. Hiya pals.

I’ve no watched it but someone mentioned they said about a mural on Somerset Road. This is the only place I’ve ever heard that suggested so I took that as them reading the forum as well. Find that amusing.

8 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I’ve no watched it but someone mentioned they said about a mural on Somerset Road. This is the only place I’ve ever heard that suggested so I took that as them reading the forum as well. Find that amusing.

One of the easiest wins possible and it got bogged down because of [unintelligible]. They could do it tomorrow. Even just fucking cleaning it would be a massive improvement. I consider this to be in Smith's domain rather than the football management side and it should happen immediately.

Edited by Thumper

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Just realised that if they did it tomorrow there would be a #weareunited on it. And probably a Boab. I take it back.

I could nip down this afternoon and do a large boaby on the wall, no charge either

Just now, United1973 said:

Well what a waste of time  the full backs have been rank for about a year buf play two good games wow . . Take his point that's its maybe to early to make a decision  about a manager . How long did it take them to get rid of hoof ball ?

I could be reading far too much into it. However, I took from it that he is still backing Bullen for the short term rather than indefinitely. He made the point of thinking managers get sacked far too quickly and follow up with also seeing the other side of it where it gets to the point that you absolutely lose faith. I reckon if we haven't won or atleast drawn a game (and seen signs of green shoots of recovery) by full time against Raith we'll start to see the wheels in motion of either walking away or being emptied. 

8 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The mural is potentially one of the infrastructure projects he mentioned that will be announced soon. It would certainly make a massive difference to the external facing wall, it might also be decent to have something inside the SRE as well on the backwall. 

Listening to what Mathie said. 

Glendinning identifies players, Bullen and Mathie then discuss them and Mathie makes the approach. They said that Bullen and him had both been to watch Young. 

They identified a lot of Scottish players but didn't manage to sign them. 

My thoughts are, Mathie appointed both Bullen and Glendinning so it is a potential double failure on his part if he has to empty both of them(he didn't hire Duffy)

Why can't we sign Scottish based players when McCall could? even Roberts signed Nicky Devlin and got more out of Forrest and Crawford than we are from any of the academy players now. 
Is it down to wages? location of training? Personalities at the club currently?

They were basically saying, they are trying to do everything we want them to do but cant.  

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

even Roberts signed Nicky Devlin and got more out of Forrest and Crawford than we are from any of the academy players now.

In fairness Devlin had just been released by Stenny, which didn't exactly put him in high demand, and I think it's fair to say that Forrest is a very very good player.

That doesn't excuse the club offering shit compensation, which it doesn't take much reading between the lines to identify is why the club can only ever seem to sign players who were previously part time.

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Listening to what Mathie said. 

Glendinning identifies players, Bullen and Mathie then discuss them and Mathie makes the approach. They said that Bullen and him had both been to watch Young. 

They identified a lot of Scottish players but didn't manage to sign them. 

My thoughts are, Mathie appointed both Bullen and Glendinning so it is a potential double failure on his part if he has to empty both of them(he didn't hire Duffy)

Why can't we sign Scottish based players when McCall could? even Roberts signed Nicky Devlin and got more out of Forrest and Crawford than we are from any of the academy players now. 

They were basically saying, they are trying to do everything we want them to do but cant.  

Last season we finished second and many would have thought the club were going places. You would have thought players would be keen to come along. Not sure what has went wrong but if we can’t manage it after last season then not sure what else needs changed 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

What he actually said was we went after or had offers in for every player that Dundee United and Raith Rovers went for and never got one . Mostly that’ll be down to both those clubs willing to spend more money than us at this point .  The Rovers experiment will abruptly and they will be licking their wounds for a few seasons. Dundee United are two levels up from us in the pecking order and eventually find their way to a regular top six place .

Once we understand how much extra money our new corporate hospitality and Cameron’s bar brings to the table we may be ready to make a move in the market at a higher level . 

9 minutes ago, railwayend said:

What he actually said was we went after or had offers in for every player that Dundee United and Raith Rovers went for and never got one . Mostly that’ll be down to both those clubs willing to spend more money than us at this point .  The Rovers experiment will abruptly and they will be licking their wounds for a few seasons. Dundee United are two levels up from us in the pecking order and eventually find their way to a regular top six place .

Once we understand how much extra money our new corporate hospitality and Cameron’s bar brings to the table we may be ready to make a move in the market at a higher level . 

You have no idea how much these guys are getting a week as much as I do. 
Your post suggests that we can’t pay a decent wage. Mathie said that players don’t see Ayr as their second or even third choice club. If they are so out our range, why approach them in the first place? 

Raith have new owners who wanted to invest, they signed a lot of good Championship players, they didn’t go out and sign players that were being chased by premier league clubs. 
they also sold more season tickets than Ayr despite having a pretty dull season last year. I’m not sure how that equates to the impending doom you are predicting.