The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Graeme Mathie is a complete charlatan. The sooner people realise this the better. 

It's his money he's putting into it. What exactly is the con you think he's running? Do you think he's secretely the agent for every no-hope striker and winger on Tadcaster Albion's books?

Edited by Thumper

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Eh? He’s a paid employee is he not, I don’t think he puts any money in. 

Absolutely begging people to have a basic understanding of how The Ayr United Football And Athletic Club Limited is actually structured.

Long story short, no he isn't an employee.

44 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Serious question here. What's happening at Ayr? Finished 2nd last season and lots of positives on and off the park (looking in from the outside anyway). 

A quick skim over the last few pages here and Bullen getting a lot of criticism and I see the club had fucking sniffer dogs on the turnstiles?!

We were a one-man team last year and said man fucked off to York!

38 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Serious question here. What's happening at Ayr? Finished 2nd last season and lots of positives on and off the park (looking in from the outside anyway). 

A quick skim over the last few pages here and Bullen getting a lot of criticism and I see the club had fucking sniffer dogs on the turnstiles?!

Since the start of the year we have been no better than a bottom of the league team and the style of play rotten. The unusual nature of this league means that somehow we managed to finish second and a lot could then be ignored or swept under the carpet. 

We have a coaching team now which should avoid the problems relying solely on a manager but is actually adding to these. Our head coach is bad but needs emptied however i think some of the others round him may also be bad and not helping matters.

Due to our declining form we needed some decent signings over the summer and we got the opposite. Too many punts that require an element of luck to come good.  Recruitment dept has been terrible although despite what they say money could be being held back to pay for off field stuff. 

We have an MD that doesn't want to acknowledge the problems and not sure what it will take to make him react. Another issue is that an arguement can still be made after last seasons final position and league cup qualification to stop them from acting. Although that time is getting shorter by the week

10 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

We have a coaching team now which should avoid the problems relying solely on a manager but is actually adding to these. Our head coach is bad but needs emptied however i think some of the others round him may also be bad and not helping matters.

There has been a lot of discussion about the recruitment but for me it's the coaching that is the most glaring deficiency in the team. I have no idea what Bullen tells the players to do when they come out - we just give the opposition a great deal of possession, and don't even do the basics of competing for the ball when the opposition gets a throw-in (e.g. lead up to first goal last night). There are acres of space between defence and midfield at times due to lack of midfield discipline and a better team than Partick would have exploited that even more. 4-0 is not going to be even close to our heaviest home defeat if things continue as they are.

I think that our only hope is that McGeady -whether you like him or not, he's not an idiot - is telling Smith and Mathie exactly how inept the coaching is.

I would like to hear the other side of the steward thing, not that this is me sticking up for them, but I wouldn't just believe our fans versions of events. There is usually more to it than that and they are prone to embellishment from time to time.

In any case the higher ups do not help themselves in these situations. Things are tense enough around the club at the moment with what's happening on the pitch without having any drama of it. It does however make a mockery of the weayrunited pish.

I have no doubt Mathie and Smith are still 100% behind Bullen, and the only way he is being emptied is if things turn so toxic they have no choice. I'm actually not bothered whether he goes or not, I don't really feel invested enough in the club atm tbh. I do however think he's got very little chance of turning this around, he doesn't have the tactical or technical nous to do so. His sub choices last night just solidified that.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Worth noting that the increase in club staff is enormous. This is from the last accounts, covering up to June 2022. I assume a significant number of these are Hub-related.

image.png.d0a7821801cdc1c283b48797d00d38f4.png

would that not include academy staff too because that is an unusually large number I would think for a club our size. Even with the hub.

I don't need to hear any other side, the club should not have stewards and sniffer dogs patrolling the terraces on the SRE. It is that simple.

I know the wall on Somerset Road makes it look like some sort of Home Office immigration detention centre but it isn't.

37 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Absolutely begging people to have a basic understanding of how The Ayr United Football And Athletic Club Limited is actually structured.

Long story short, no he isn't an employee.

Although Mathie is a director he doesn't hold any shares in the club. Did he still need to put money in to join the board or were Smith and co that out of their depth football wise that it wasn't required?

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I don't need to hear any other side, the club should not have stewards and sniffer dogs patrolling the terraces on the SRE. It is that simple.

I know the wall on Somerset Road makes it look like some sort of Home Office immigration detention centre but it isn't.

Yeah - I would feel the exact same if there wasn’t an incident within it too. That part is a minor issue, compared to the main overarching concern.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Little obtuse mate not to hear both sides. Yes they shouldn't have been there at all, I'm not disputing that, but since they were and something happened then I'd like to hear both sides, the club will have to take that approach when looking into it.

23 minutes ago, rgreig said:

There has been a lot of discussion about the recruitment but for me it's the coaching that is the most glaring deficiency in the team. I have no idea what Bullen tells the players to do when they come out - we just give the opposition a great deal of possession, and don't even do the basics of competing for the ball when the opposition gets a throw-in (e.g. lead up to first goal last night). There are acres of space between defence and midfield at times due to lack of midfield discipline and a better team than Partick would have exploited that even more. 4-0 is not going to be even close to our heaviest home defeat if things continue as they are.

I think that our only hope is that McGeady -whether you like him or not, he's not an idiot - is telling Smith and Mathie exactly how inept the coaching is.

Coaching could certainly be up there. Personally i just don't think enough of the players are good enough to consistently perform at our current level. No doubt some will have potential or ability but to compete we need enough to show up eacg week. If you are playing against better players who are organised then you are pushed and concentration goes then errors happen. Would like to see us play against a team in the league below at full strength with both teams trying. Would be interesting to see how much hoofball exists and what the tactics look like.   

Edited by AyrExile

I’m well aware that a sizeable chunk of our supporters are wee bams who often embarrass the club, but unless the club had a tip off that Pablo Escobar was in the Somerset Road End I’m struggling to see any justification for patrolling the place with a sniffer dog.

Just now, eez-eh said:

I’m well aware that a sizeable chunk of our supporters are wee bams who often embarrass the club, but unless the club had a tip off that Pablo Escobar was in the Somerset Road End I’m struggling to see any justification for patrolling the place with a sniffer dog.

It's the job of the young team to be wee bams.

They then become big bams, then just guys, then old yins.

Circle of life...

22 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Little obtuse mate not to hear both sides. Yes they shouldn't have been there at all, I'm not disputing that, but since they were and something happened then I'd like to hear both sides, the club will have to take that approach when looking into it.

I agree that they need to investigate the incident with the fan. I have to say though I struggle to envisage a scenario where the stewards are justified in their actions with that one. The fact they've managed to knock over a disabled fan who sits on the club's junior board will hopefully avoid the "he said she said" which would otherwise ensue.

That's entirely seperate to the policy of having sniffer dogs on the SRE terraces. That needs binned now. I think its an outrageous way to treat our fans and requires a significant response from the fanbase. I can't think of any other scenario in my life where I have been subjected to that. I've had it when entering stadiums before but never inside the stadium.

I don't even know what justifies that, if it's Pablo Escobar or drugs related that is a police matter. They should be there not outsourcing the responsibility to a private company.

Edited by Trogdor