The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

One actual mistake against Dundee United, and if you were being harsh you could say he should maybe do better with Lawless‘ effort from distance - but when you see it from behind the hit it swirls around all over the place. 

So yeah, he is one of the few things I’m not concerned about. 

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

One actual mistake against Dundee United, and if you were being harsh you could say he should maybe do better with Lawless‘ effort from distance - but when you see it from behind the hit it swirls around all over the place. 

So yeah, he is one of the few things I’m not concerned about. 

Being ridiculously generous there. There’s a few of them where he could have done better or is flapping about panicking.

Just because there’s bigger concerns doesn’t mean people can’t talk about it.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Being ridiculously generous there. There’s a few of them where he could have done better or is flapping about panicking.

Just because there’s bigger concerns doesn’t mean people can’t talk about it.

You can talk about that you want… 

A few though? Which ones…

I remember being concerned at the start of last season that neither of our goalies were up to scratch then Albinson did had a good season in the end.  Any of the games I've seen him this season he's back to the dodgy jobber goalie we signed.  

I guess that's what playing in front of a backline of no hopers will do to you though, any personal confidence will be evaporated. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I remember being concerned at the start of last season that neither of our goalies were up to scratch then Albinson did had a good season in the end.  Any of the games I've seen him this season he's back to the dodgy jobber goalie we signed.  

I guess that's what playing in front of a backline of no hopers will do to you though, any personal confidence will be evaporated. 

Did you not see his save on Friday night in the 1st half from Brian Graham?

As you say too he's got fucking shite in front of him so half those goals in the clips were 5 yards tap ins...

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

As you say too he's got fucking shite in front of him so half those goals in the clips were 5 yards tap ins...

That save was incredible. I forgot about that. With losing 4-0 and Dog-gate it had fell through the cracks.

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Course, he made two really good saves against Dundee United as well.  Still been poor. 

Get along this Sunday and show your support to the Moffs  testimonial game against Celtic X1 , tickets £12 for adult and up to 4 under 12s , concessions £6 , available through Fanbase , tickets will be available at the ground on the day 

Somerset Park 2pm kick off , then join him for a few final drinks in the Hub from 5pm to 7pm 

Edited by Finlay21

6 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

I refuse to believe this. He always drifted out of games at big moments and became a huge shitebag, couldn't tackle, didn't track back, couldn't pass. Obviously he'll be playing in a much better team at Dunfermline.

Still think that selling him and replacing him with McInroy was the only reason we stayed up then.

Same energy as Ayr fans telling Morton fans that McGinty has been alright. Chalmers had the most assists in the league last season, I like him. 

Us replacing Peter Grant with John Hughes was a cracker aswell. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Get along this Sunday and show your support to the Moffs  testimonial game against Celtic X1 , tickets £12 for adult and up to 4 under 12s , concessions £6 , available through Fanbase , tickets will be available at the ground on the day 

Somerset Park 2pm kick off , then join him for a few final drinks in the Hub from 5pm to 7pm 

Any hints as to who's going to be playing in both sets of teams?

Get along on Sunday to show your support to The Moff , playing his last ever game  for Ayr United in his personally designed strip , tickets via Fanbase £12 adult ( can get up to 4 child tickets free ) Concessions £6 , there will also be the option to purchase tickets on the day 

39 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Get along on Sunday to show your support to The Moff , playing his last ever game  for Ayr United in his personally designed strip , tickets via Fanbase £12 adult ( can get up to 4 child tickets free ) Concessions £6 , there will also be the option to purchase tickets on the day 

Might be worth putting up a link to where people can buy tickets?

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

Might be worth putting up a link to where people can buy tickets?

Seems to be Fanbase's one small downside that you can't share a link all that easily - well if you have the app installed anyway.    

This is the link:

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Dashboard?clubId=220

Edited by itzdrk

I liked the look of this, until I saw the Celtic cross above the name on the back 😒

I've loved watching the Moffat this past decade or so and he has been a fantastic service to the club. One of the best Ayr players I've seen in my lifetime.

However, I just couldn't bring myself to wear anything related to the old firm, so I won't be buying the shirt.

Still, will be cheering for The Moff's Ayr team on Sunday! Hopefully this will be my boys first win at Somerset 😂

20230921_143734.jpg