The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I heard that Ferguson and Doig hadn't run hard enough in training.

considering Clarke's love for strikers who have only managed one goal this season (Dykes and Brown) Mark McKenzie should be right up his alley

Edited by muZZa__44

Sort of glad the international break is over and we can all get back to the following of the super.

That being said, Ayr have Musonda in their ranks as an International player.

What other players in this league are current international players for their respective country?

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Sort of glad the international break is over and we can all get back to the following of the super.

That being said, Ayr have Musonda in their ranks as an International player.

What other players in this league are current international players for their respective country?

More importantly, how many of them have their own commemorative ZambiAyr top?

I know there's a wage of euphoria regarding the national team just now but that squad is paper thin. Clark, Brown, Taylor. Rotten. Che Adams and Dykes are honking too.

2 goals from strikers in that whole qualifying campaign is scary. One being Shankland who was only on the pitch 5 minutes. Sir Lawrence needs to be starting.

And I see the blue arse cheek are claiming Jack was booed again. Utter bollocks, I never heard a single thing. Lying twats.

1 hour ago, Scott-ish said:

I know there's a wage of euphoria regarding the national team just now but that squad is paper thin. Clark, Brown, Taylor. Rotten. Che Adams and Dykes are honking too.

2 goals from strikers in that whole qualifying campaign is scary. One being Shankland who was only on the pitch 5 minutes. Sir Lawrence needs to be starting.

And I see the blue arse cheek are claiming Jack was booed again. Utter bollocks, I never heard a single thing. Lying twats.

I mean he was booed, not loudly but it happened - it happens at basically every home game. Aberdeen fans can be weird. 

Brown is our third choice and was just given a chance,  and Taylor is more like fourth choice LB - there has just been a huge injury crisis in that position. Adams and Dykes are off form, but they certainly aren’t honking and have been huge contributors for Scotland. 

People say "the squad is paper thin" but the reality is that expectations have shifted. It's been a very long time since Scotland had a starting XI who were all genuinely international-class. Arguably even this squad isn't, given the aforementioned Bullen-esque approach to picking strikers.

The glass-half-full situation is that if everyone is fit, we can pump literally Spain, even with strikers with goal allergies.

There were definitely some boos when Jack came on near me in the North West corner. You’ll find the average match going Scotland fan at Hampden to be as thick as mince.

The Shankland argument is a fairly pointless debate as neither him nor his competitors are up to the standard. As long as it’s not Brown I couldn’t really care who starts up front out of Shankland, Adams or Dykes.

I've been going to Scotland games for as long as I can remember and genuinely don't think I've heard any of our own players getting booed. Maybe i just don't listen for it.

Not doubting folk saying it happens but it must just be a few isolated numpties because it's certainly not the mass booing the arse cheek make it out to be.

Very true that Scotland fans are thick though. 3 old codgers in front of me have been talking utter pish every game. My personal favourite was shouting 'only one team wants to win this' with the score at 3-3.

In terms of me saying Adams are Dykes are honking, yes I believe at international level they very much are. I'm very grateful for their contribution but if we're to progress we need players who can take or even make chances. Big Dykes has been much more effective in this than Adams who has never impressed me.

53 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Very true that Scotland fans are thick though. 3 old codgers in front of me have been talking utter pish every game. My personal favourite was shouting 'only one team wants to win this' with the score at 3-3.

I've never understood the attraction of going to games and shouting utter shit/giving a nonsensical running commentary to no one in particular.

56 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I've never understood the attraction of going to games and shouting utter shit/giving a nonsensical running commentary to no one in particular.

I'm no footballing expert but I like to think i can watch a game and know what's going on.

Some folk go on like they've never watched the sport before. When McGinn got injured fouling the boy that was bearing down on goal I thought it was a cracking foul to make, he took one for the team and stopped a dangerous attack. These old codgers were calling him an idiot and moaning about it. Thick as pig shite.

I was surprised Shankland didn't start against Norway. If Clarke was insistent on starting Brown (clearly a winger, not a striker), why not play him off Shankland as one of the 3 AMs, probably in the place of Armstrong.  Very strange.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dowds being allowed to play in the cup ✅

Chalmers being allowed to play in the cup ❌

Dundee United, you dicks. 

Dundee United unsurprisingly being petty as f**k. 

Stanger out for another five weeks, it’s going to be a horrible run in until January. Even if Musonda is back on full training, you don’t really want to just chuck him straight in. 

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Stanger out for another five weeks, it’s going to be a horrible run in until January. Even if Musonda is back on full training, you don’t really want to just chuck him straight in. 

Dundee United may be doing the same as Livingston and trying to force a deal in January. He can’t play for another club and from the comments Chalmers has made, he doesn’t feel wanted there. 
Although Goodwin may be wondering why they didn’t rate someone who is regularly in the team of the week for a team in the same league as him. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I’d give him 45 minutes against Peterhead and play Mcallister at cb again for the other 45 minutes, I know he’s not a centre half but he should be able to handle a l2 club

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I was surprised Shankland didn't start against Norway. If Clarke was insistent on starting Brown (clearly a winger, not a striker), why not play him off Shankland as one of the 3 AMs, probably in the place of Armstrong.  Very strange.

Got a feeling it was Brown’s last dance