The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

You can't beat debating if our current shite full backs are worse than our previous shite full backs.

Tells you everything you need to know about the summers comedy recruitment.

The right back area is the one that cannot be excused as well. We are lacking at left back and centre back but I’m choosing to believe that would’ve been addressed had we not had to go and sign three midfielders. However we chose to sign Ahui to compete with McAllister and we’ve arguably got a better right back playing in the reserves every week. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The right back area is the one that cannot be excused as well. We are lacking at left back and centre back but I’m choosing to believe that would’ve been addressed had we not had to go and sign three midfielders. However we chose to sign Ahui to compete with McAllister and we’ve arguably got a better right back playing in the reserves every week. 

Especially as Reghan Tumilty literally left Hamilton as he didn’t want to stay there, and then ended up signing for them again weeks later. 

A significant upgrade on anything we have had for years. 

I personally don't believe it's solely down to just recruitment. Yes, sign players from the lower English league but ffs, make sure they are capable first.

There's Watret and I'm sure Ecrepont might be capable of right back 🤔 

See Daire O'Connor is scoring frequently now he's been given game time elsewhere 🫤

Surely to F*ck there's going to be defensive signings in January that'll improve the team. Surely the board have made it high priority.

This Ayr United team does not have a lot of talent in it's ranks.

Lee Bullen does not have enough credit in the bank.

Our strikers are shit and we would be better off with a couple of well-trained ferrets in attack.

The Garden Gnome is not good enough to be a starting Championship right back.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Let's get a bit of balance here. The full backs played well in the league cup.

Spoiler

Bored The Office GIF

This whole season seems like a car crash in slow motion.

We could see the oncoming truck when certain positions weren’t filled / replaced in the summer.

We are on a collision course now that the manager can’t get a tune out of many of them.

Teams around us have already pushed the big red button and jettisoned their managers in time for the next transfer window.

While we seem to be closing our eyes and gripping even harder onto the steering wheel, inching ever closer to the inevitable.

10 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

IMG_2842.jpeg

Hard to imagine anyone appreciating yesterday's performance. The only thing you could say in our favour was that we were unlucky to concede due to an error but overall I thought we looked poor particularly in the first half. Dundee Utd weren't great - so maybe the quote above is actually referring to the reaction of Raith fans thinking about their title chances.

In the first three minutes, Dundee Utd had three corners and a goal chalked off for offside. That set the tone for the first half really, and although I hate to see anyone get injured I was relieved when he went off. After a worrying five minute spell, Ahui did settle down and I think was better than McAllister.

Bullen's subs are very strange and guaranteed to rile the fans. I don't understand how he thought we would get an equaliser with the changes he made, and I would really like Callum to ask him that question instead of the usual "tough one to take, Lee".

I thought despite poor service that Dowds did ok - if he had hit his chance harder after Docherty slipped I reckon it wouldn't have been cleared off the line. In contrast I had forgotten Bryden was even on the pitch most of the time.

27 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

This whole season seems like a car crash in slow motion.

We could see the oncoming truck when certain positions weren’t filled / replaced in the summer.

We are on a collision course now that the manager can’t get a tune out of many of them.

Teams around us have already pushed the big red button and jettisoned their managers in time for the next transfer window.

While we seem to be closing our eyes and gripping even harder onto the steering wheel, inching ever closer to the inevitable.

What's been obvious for a very long time is that Lee Bullen is not a manager. He may well be a good coach on the training pitch - he seems to be highly regarded in that aspect and some of our players have shown improvement under his leadership - but his in-game decisions and tactics are killing us.

If our club has any ambitions beyond treading water in the Championship and hoping that a couple of teams are worse than us, then Bullen is not the guy. The club is currently sleepwalking into a relegation fight and something must change. Relegation would be an absolute fucking disaster and getting sucked into the mire must be avoided at all costs.

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

If our club has any ambitions beyond treading water in the Championship and hoping that a couple of teams are worse than us, then Bullen is not the guy. The club is currently sleepwalking into a relegation fight and something must change. Relegation would be an absolute fucking disaster and getting sucked into the mire must be avoided at all costs.

This. I never like to see anyone lose their job but surely the time has come for a change? Financially we'd only need to pay up 6 months of his contract and setting that against relegation it's a no-brainer from a business perspective.

With QP looking for a new manager now we need to act or get second best. Also need to be giving a new manager the transfer window to see what he can change.

So many individually shite performances yesterday.  

McCalister - usual, playing leagues above his ability.  Delighted when I saw he was getting subbed initially before realising he was injured. 

Musonda - something has happened there and he now simply cannot pass a ball, his pass completion must've been between 10 and 20% and the ones he did complete were of a poor standard to a tightly marked player who immediately lost it. 

Syla - I just don't see it, he's not a good tackler, he's not a good passer, he's lightweight, doesn't really mark well.  What is it he is actually good at?  Lost the ball and fell over all day.  

McGeady - sad to see but he's totally done, gave the ball away all day, he did have one wee trick and through ball but the pass was terrible.  Other than that he's just a slow guy meandering through the match giving the ball to the other team. 

I thought Bryden, McKenzie, Amartey and Rose were all shite but I have no much else to add other than the last 3 of those all ran the ball out the pitch for a throw in while doing what they call dribbling. 

One good performance only

McGinty - thought he was basically great yesterday, probably the best performance on the pitch tbh.