The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Given the lack of information recently, they probably wouldn’t fucking tell us. 

You’ll just turn up and see David White lining up a team with no Young, Senga or Ahui. 

Wouldn’t want to give our opponents any competitive advantage by letting them know we might be somewhat competent in our next game.

Wait and see but i won't hold my breath...

Bowyer turned into a knob towards the end of his reign at Dundee when it was apparent there were disagreements between him and Nelms so i wouldn't want a potential character like that. Plus he'd use as a stepping stone to back down to english league 1 or 2 level as i'm pretty sure i remember reading that similar to Bullen his family remained down near Blackpool way, may be wrong on that but not sure. 

If they sack Bullen i think they'd only do that if they had an immediate replacement lined up, it took Mathie about 3 weeks between Duffy and appointing Bullen and we can't afford that amount of time again. 

Edited by Rb123

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Bowyer turned into a knob towards the end of his reign at Dundee when it was apparent there were disagreements between him and Nelms so i wouldn't want a potential character like that. Plus he'd use as a stepping stone to back down to english league 1 or 2 level as i'm pretty sure i remember reading that similar to Bullen his family remained down near Blackpool way, may be wrong on that but not sure. 

If they sack Bullen i think they'd only do that if they had an immediate reaction lined up, it took Mathie about 3 weeks between Duffy and appointing Bullen and we can't afford that amount of time again. 

Do you think this is why we have delayed making any decisions about bullen yet? 

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

If they sack Bullen i think they'd only do that if they had an immediate replacement lined up, it took Mathie about 3 weeks between Duffy and appointing Bullen and we can't afford that amount of time again. 

Isn’t that more that Nelms is a bit of a knob?! Regardless, someone willing to challenge Mathie seems like it would be a good thing. 

The second point means he has done well. In an ideal world our managers move on. Every successful manager will!

They’re not going to actively seek the guy’s replacement while he’s still in a job. If he’d went out and won comfortably yesterday, would we just tell the new guy he’s no longer required? Come on now.

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

They’re not going to actively seek the guy’s replacement while he’s still in a job. If he’d went out and won comfortably yesterday, would we just tell the new guy he’s no longer required? Come on now.

It's not unheard of but it is rare.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Seems more the type of thing a foreign absent billionaire owner would do rather than with the brotherly relationship Bullen seems to have.

Just now, itzdrk said:

Mathie doesn’t strike me as being ruthless enough to do that although it’s exactly what he should be doing. 

We cannot afford to carry out a three week long recruitment process in the event that we sack him. If he goes tomorrow then the new guy needs to be in place for the next Arbroath game at the latest. That gives enough time to speak to potential candidates which Mathie should have ready at all times. That still gives the new guy two weeks to get a couple bodies in. 

100% guys I'd no be buying it that there is anything potentially competent going on :lol:

If anything there will be a 'week of mourning' before doing anything and the players would be wearing black armbands against Kelty. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

100% guys I'd no be buying it that there is anything potentially competent going on :lol:

If anything there will be a 'week of mourning' before doing anything and the players would be wearing black armbands against Kelty. 

Wouldn't David White step up again, to maintain his unbeaten record until we have a new manager?

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Yogi, the whole yogi and nothing but the yogi.

I'm into it, if we are getting relegated it might as well be a laugh.