The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So all us "BULLEN OUT" fans are totally wrong after today's breeze in the park. Bullen was right all along about Mackenzie and Rose being useful substitutes. Mathie and Bullen said we don't need any new players, our current squad is good enough to beat lower league shite in the cup competitions so we won't be signing any new players in the window. With whatever money we make from the cup we can pick up a few nobodies from down south, which will come in handy for League One next year. Mathie has decided to follow the Falkirk 5 year f**k-up plan of staying in League One for as long possible whilst having an impressive stadium.

Anyone interested in joining me to set up a fund to hire a plane to fly a banner over Somerset Park saying "COME BACK BULLY, YOU WERE RIGHT"

#WEAREAIRUNITED

I visited Bonnyrigg last year and fucking loved it. A brilliant wee club.

But Ayr away at Bonnyrigg has cup shock written all over it. No thanks.

A winnable home tie or a big team away for the pay day. Hearts or Hibs away for the day oot pls.

Went about as much as I had hoped 

first half was not pretty by any means and did have some worries 

much better second half, Syla’s best game for us took his goal well and did get in some good tackles and interceptions 

thought Smith did very well making himself a nuisance for them to handle 

subs made an impact no doubt helped running at a tired Kelty defence, there is a player in Rose it was a very good goal and nice play for the third I’d take the risk and start him again against Arbroath could have been more unfortunate for Bryden and Tomlinson not to get goals

a good win yes against a weaker team but very much a confidence booster for the players

Apologies for the dark, sarcastic post earlier, but I had almost forgotten that we are supposed to be happy after a win, regardless of the opponent🙃. So, potential banana skin avoided there. Aberdeen at home next to prove that lightning does strike twice in Ayrshire 🐏⚡

Edited by The Smell of VICTORY

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Thought syla was bursting with confidence after his goal .Best game he's played for us and hope he kicks on from here .

Rose looked well up for it as well and played a great ball through for Tomlinson. Obviously he wanted his first goal for Ayr but Rose would’ve had a second if he’d cut it back for him. 

The first hour today was the most bored I’d been at a football match in years. Absolutely turgid, uneventful guff.

Apart from A couple of speculative efforts and McCallister getting made an arse of, nothing happened, not a dreadful performance. Just boring.

Once we went 2-0 up, the team started to actually play some football and we ended up comfortable winners.

Folk booing McGinty, Smith or both was weird when they presented McGinty with his award. Rose sticking his fingers in his ears when he scored, if he thinks the criticism of the team, or even worse, him has been unjust, he can f**k off now. Stunk the place out since he joined and had the lack of self awareness to celebrate like that. He and the team could have used today as a clean slate but that kind of stuff can f**k right off. 

No defensive errors that led to opportunities, We were passed around for a lot of the game and couldn’t get the ball back. We had a better shape though and Whyte made substitutions that Bullen would never had made, McKenzie made a big difference once he came on, Rose was effective and actually looked capable for once. 
Had low expectations today and they were surpassed by a small margin. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Rose looked well up for it as well and played a great ball through for Tomlinson. Obviously he wanted his first goal for Ayr but Rose would’ve had a second if he’d cut it back for him. 

Rose absolutely could have just went by himself and got his second    But I like that we played it to Tomlinson who should have aimed for the far corner but it’s good to see the youth players making an impact would probably let Tomlinson go out on loan to get some minutes

1 minute ago, Peil said:

It's like Aberdeen away, simply cos I haven't ticked Pittodrie off the list

It's like raiiiiiin, on your wedding day