The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d probably have Forrest, McGuffie and try to add one other. I could take or leave Cadden depending on his Livi contract but I think we should let McDaid leave.

McDaid has most assists in the team according to sportsmole, with 7.  Murdoch has 6 and Moff has 4. dunno if that's reliable, sounds a bit off

McDaid has most assists in the team according to sportsmole, with 7.  Murdoch has 6 and Moff has 4. dunno if that's reliable, sounds a bit off

Would’ve thought Moffat would have more.

OneFootball says that Moffat and McDaid both have 6 with Murdoch on 5 and Shankland on 4.

For the record I think McCall will try to keep him but he’ll leave anyway.

31 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Not sure what has gone wrong for McGuffie at Raith but he doesn't seem to have had a heck of alot of game time despite chipping in with a couple of goals for them.  Would have expected him to be a regular for them given they've got an extensive injury list. 

Not being able to get a game for mince Raith when they've got an injury crisis isn't exactly a good look for him. And McGlynn  apparently is wowed with him in training just like McCall is. Starting to sound like a training ground star and not much else

Raith signed McGuffie as a back up and haven't had an injury 'crisis' in any position he could feasibly occupy. He hasn't set the heather alight, but perhaps it should come as little surprise that using him exactly the way Ayr were has yielded more or less exactly the same results for Raith.

Is McGuffie a drastically different player from McCowan? McCowan is a bit more direct and McGuffie a little more methodical, but I think they share a lot of traits. McCowan has been superb since he came into the team but I suspect fewer hopes would be being pinned on him if most of his appearances had come as 20-30 minute cameos as a right winger.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d probably have Forrest, McGuffie and try to add one other. I could take or leave Cadden depending on his Livi contract but I think we should let McDaid leave.

Would like to see what Cadden would be like if he was given a run. Calvin Miller been extremely dissapointing would not want him back

Would like to see what Cadden would be like if he was given a run. Calvin Miller been extremely dissapointing would not want him back
I probably agree, and yet it's the opposite of my first instinct.

Mcguffie really needs to improve, and do it fast. Bulk up a touch, get as fit as possible, and be a bit more aggressive.

I think he can replace mcdaid if he goes, but I'd actually like Declan to stay. When he's good, he's unplayable. Wingers are always going to be a bit like that.

We really need a goalscorer, a commanding centre half, a RB and a keeper. Other than that it depends who else leaves.

I've always felt that McGuffie's done ok considering his chances have been extremely limited. He offers something different as he can actually dribble with the ball and also has a good shot on him and anyone who's sen him must agree that the raw talent is definitely there.

I'd really like to see him with a run in a settled team as I reckon with a bit of confidence he could really kick on.

Whatever else happens I believe we've already got a great start to our squad for next season and we're certainly much further ahead with regards signed players than we have been for years.

Forrest & McCowan should provide the excitement we all crave and with a striker or two added, another Central defender, a proven Midfield playmaker, a winger (who may or may not already be here) and most importantly the return of Doohan, I'd be more than happy and confident about our chances of competing again next season...........

I'd play McGuffie every game in the Betfred 4 games will be good test for him, let's just pray McCall can pull out a rabbit out if the hat and find another Shankland, I wouldn't mind Rudden who was with Falkirk last year not much chance of him getting anywhere near the rangers team so I'd assume he'd be available.

That lad Reise Allassani has just helped Woking into the National League, if he’s still a Coventry player next season I wonder if they’d be willing to send him north after the cordial discussions around the Michael Rose PCA.
McCall said he's somebody they would keep an eye on

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'd play McGuffie every game in the Betfred 4 games will be good test for him, let's just pray McCall can pull out a rabbit out if the hat and find another Shankland, I wouldn't mind Rudden who was with Falkirk last year not much chance of him getting anywhere near the rangers team so I'd assume he'd be available.

Aye Rudden is one i'd definitely be keen on too.  

100% agree about Doohan been a massive priority for us, he's still young in the grand scheme of things and a second season in this league would do him no harm. 

Has there been any further shouts about Dom Thomas and Kyle Turner?
Seem to remember they were mentioned in here a couple of weeks back. 

Would assume we'll be going for one of the ex Partick lads, Doolan and/or Erskine given McCall saying we need experience, wouldn't be adverse to Rudden either mind you.
Not sure there are many strikers in this league that we could realistically afford and have been decent this season.  Championship top scorers makes bleak reading. 

22 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I take it it'll be season card's we will get next season instead of season tickets.

Talking of season tickets, the club need to doing their best to shift as many as possible next season. Capitalise on the feeling of optimism amongst the support just now and get them up for sale now, with an early bird or discount offer and let's sell as many as we can. Think what we could achieve if we had the 4000+ crowds that Dunfermline and Falkirk were getting.

Celtic might want Doohan away with them on pre-season before deciding but that’ll ultimately be up to whatever manager they appoint. If we have to wait then fine but last thing we should be doing is hanging around until the last minute for them to say no.

I would be expecting to hear around Wednesday the players that won’t be offered extensions and hopefully renewals and new players will follow shortly after.

McCall said before he wasn’t keen on loan players and I can see him waiting until January again before bringing anyone in. Obviously if the player has a track record in this league like Rudden then it might be worth it but I think Rangers could see him going to a Hamilton or a Livi.